Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 11:24 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Platitudes? They make you blind. Palin best do nothing... Palin hits it home with the swing voters, the independents, the middle, the silent majority, Reagan democrats, the silent majority, NASCAR, hunters, and females (Palin is a role model). Not to mention, she appeals to me and the other Repubs who land a little right of center. Oh yeah, she's hot!!!

Like it or not, the same people who swept Kennedy, Reagan and Obama into office - could very well sweep Palin into it.
Extremely wishful thinking. BTW..I've always thought that she looked like a witch and she kind of creeps me out. In fact, she'd be perfectly cast in a movie as a mean Nazi prison matron. What's with that crooked mouth? I guess she needs one in order to speak out of both sides of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 11:30 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Extremely wishful thinking. BTW..I've always thought that she looked like a witch and she kind of creeps me out. In fact, she'd be perfectly cast in a movie as a mean Nazi prison matron. What's with that crooked mouth? I guess she needs one in order to speak out of both sides of it.
You are just hating.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:36 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,122,562 times
Quote:
Palin hits it home with... females (Palin is a role model).
OMG. Speak for yourself.

Laura Bush as a role model? Yes, absolutely.

Sarah Palin as a role model? Maybe if you aspire to be a beauty queen who writes crib notes on her hands and talks like she's come off the set of Hee Haw.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:40 PM

22,181 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Platitudes? They make you blind. Palin best do nothing... Palin hits it home with the swing voters, the independents, the middle, the silent majority, Reagan democrats, the silent majority, NASCAR, hunters, and females (Palin is a role model). Not to mention, she appeals to me and the other Repubs who land a little right of center. Oh yeah, she's hot!!!

Like it or not, the same people who swept Kennedy, Reagan and Obama into office - could very well sweep Palin into it.
Palin doesn't hit home with the Independents, or the middle.... She hits home with the far right.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:05 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,492 times
I would really like to see Obama chew her out and does a press conference or something where he imitates her crazy babbling and what not

Wonder if the crazy is going to then whine and complain about the president mocking her and play the victim card?

Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,120 times
As usual, this lady can't do anything without making an absolute fool out of herself.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,323,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
As usual, this lady can't do anything without making an absolute fool out of herself.
She needs to stay out of sight, like Hillary.

Remember her? Former first lady? Coulda been prez? Got named Secretary of State to help her get over it? Got upstaged by her hubby?

Wish we could find a female leader with the whole package, just once.

1. Condelleeza? No.
2. Nancy Pelosi? Nah.
3. Hilldabeast? No way.
4. Sarah Palin? You're kidding, right?
5. Olympia Snow? Great name. No brain.
6. Susan Collins? See number 5, minus name.
7. Boxer/Feinstein? Tweedle-dee....
8. Murray/Cantwell? Tweedle-dum.

The glass ceiling awaits the real deal.

In the words of Apollo Creed: "Sounds like a damn monster movie!"

Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
She needs to stay out of sight, like Hillary.

Remember her? Former first lady? Coulda been prez? Got named Secretary of State to help her get over it? Got upstaged by her hubby?

Wish we could find a female leader with the whole package, just once.

1. Condelleeza? No.
2. Nancy Pelosi? Nah.
3. Hilldabeast? No way.
4. Sarah Palin? You're kidding, right?
5. Olympia Snow? Great name. No brain.
6. Susan Collins? See number 5, minus name.
7. Boxer/Feinstein? Tweedle-dee....
8. Murray/Cantwell? Tweedle-dum.

The glass ceiling awaits the real deal.

In the words of Apollo Creed: "Sounds like a damn monster movie!"
"""""Wish we could find a female leader with the whole package, just once. """"

Ya, I understand...be nice to find a male leader with the whole package, too....but we can always keep hoping....

Old 02-09-2010, 06:44 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Here's what was missing from Palin's (the TOPIC) speech:

What is her stance/plans on ending the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? (I haven't heard it)

How would she energize the American economy and create jobs? ( I haven't heard her plans)

What is her stance on illegal immigration? (I haven't heard that).

What does she plan to do about lobbyists(ya know, the ones her DAUGHTER'S company will represent)?

I have heard her infantile criticism of Obama but NEVER a coherent plan, stance, platform....
I totally agree. What if she was speaking in a corporate meeting?

We need to make more profits! .............Cheer, cheer, cheer!
We need to increase production!.........Cheer, cheer, cheer!
We need to lower costs!..................Cheer, cheer, cheer!
We need to pay our people more!...........Cheer, cheer, cheer!

Those are easy things to say to hype up a crowd. How to do these are not so easy or every company would be successful.

If she came up with actual plans that made sense people would take more seriously.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:50 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Maybe you do not here her proposing all the answers to your questions because she is not running for president?
I just heard a grateful nation breath a sigh of relief!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies