Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 07:03 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times

Advertisements

Ya'll should take a look at the video's on Military.com of the snipers picking off taliban...

Not for weak stomachs because in real life the target literally explodes in a puff of red and body parts fly through the air.

I watch those video's and think of the pictures of Americans falling through the air from the WTC and I just have to smile at the red smears...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
..and what do you call it when a president orders the shooting deaths of teenage Somali pirates from 10,000 miles away,
Justice

Old 12-15-2011, 10:44 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Awesome work and well done! Nothing like some pay back pure and simple.. At least he made it quick and didn't drag them through the streets then cut their heads off with a dull blade.. hummm...

Old 12-15-2011, 11:25 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
British sniper avenges his friend by killing Taliban - Telegraph

I wish I knew this guy so I could buy him a beer and shake his hand.
Are better yet why don’t you enlist and do your part?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Are better yet why don’t you enlist and do your part?
How do you know they didn't?

BTW in English we say:

And better yet

-not-

Are better yet

Old 12-16-2011, 04:08 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Is that an accomplishment for you? This is a pointless war because whatever these soldiers do, the outcome would be the same, Afghanistan is the 2nd Vietnam. Hundreds of people are getting displaced today in Helmand because of NATO/US moving in there to fight the Taliban, i thought these people were going to get a better life, others are dying from hunger, bombardments, etc. what happend to al-qaeda who were considered the real threat in 2001? Nothing because the U.S. wanted a reason to invade Afghanistan.

Yes, it's an accomplishment.

As for the rest of your diatribe, have you considered just what the taliban has done to earn such ire? They destroyed world wonders,
Quote:
[SIZE=2]He said militiamen started wrecking the almost 2,000-year-old Buddhist masterpieces in the central province of Bamiyan, including the world's tallest standing Buddha measuring 50 meters (165 feet), after sunrise.

Afghan Taliban Begin Destruction of Ancient Buddha Statues

They kill women and children, rape people, blow up schools, use children for human shields, use women and children to test bombs, jeez, I can go on and on.

We cannot destroy enough of these vicious mongrels who have no regard for ANYONE's life, even their own.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:20 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIRehabber View Post
You obviously have no clue as to what you speak of. What do YOU know about war? What do YOU know about serving in the military? What do YOU know that the people over in Afghan or Iraq feel or want? Do YOU even know why we are over there? Do YOU even know why we're over in Iraq? Do YOU even know why we're sending warships, missles and troops to surround Iran? DO YOU even know why we're running a secret war in Pakistan? How about drawing a straight line through those territories and use the intellect you seem to want to display onto others.

All YOU seem to know and want to accept is the propaganda that we all receive from the mass media, and from our corrupt gov't. YOU need to wake up, pick up a book, seek the truth and lift the veil over your eyes. WAKE UP All SHEEPLE!
Would you like to ask ME what I know about war? I have full, 100% benefits from the Veteran's Administration, and will continue to have them for the rest of my life. I would suggest you drop the "WEED" and pick up the "READ". You might learn something useful. Let the Taliban back into Afghanistan, and Al Queda gets their stronghold back. All their training camps. America is still very much at risk. On 9/11, their most successful attack to date, they used our own technology against us. While that particular technology is no longer as available to them, there is other technology that could wipe out half of any major city they decide to attack. Give them a chance to regroup and you could live to see half the population of Dallas/Ft Worth wiped out. Snipers are an extremely effective "weapon" with the ability to save hundreds of normal ground forces so that the men and women can come back home and smile at you. I'd suggest you smile back at them because they are the reason you're allowed to talk as you do. Would you like to go to any one of those countries and see how far you get talking as you are in any one of them?

And, by the way... 800 meters is not bad shooting... Not too bad at all.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:47 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
The Taliban are not perfect, but they're ten times better than what the media make them sound like. The media pretty much made them sound like hungry savages who wanted nothing but destruction, I dont support them but I have to give them credit for what they accomplished.

Well after the invasion, Afghanistan have been getting worse every year, and each year it gets harder to improve the country, thats why you have NATO/US trying to buyout the Taliban fighters. Most ordinary Afghans prefer to have the Taliban back because life only got worse for them after the invasion. At least the Taliban were helpful when Afghans needed help, and they also gave away money to ordinary citizens, im not making this up, i was told these things by Afghans who lived in Afghanistan and seen everything with their own eyes, because if you think im lying then why would i waste my in this forum.

Bin-Laden screwed the Taliban over, its true he was welcomed but the Taliban offered to hand him over to Saudi Arabia and the U.S. refused.

There's no such thing as freedom today, the worst warlords of Afghanistan were welcomed back by the U.S., what kind of democracy is that? Why would the U.S. welcome people who destroyed Afghanistan in everyway.
Wow, I don't know where you get your info from, but I wish you would share the links.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
A Brit. hitting @ 800 yards, likely using either .338 Lapua or 50 BMG.

Ever watch the history channel, they have a show about snipers. I am not sure, but I believe most use a 50 cal, not sure what type of rifle though.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REIRehabber View Post
You obviously have no clue as to what you speak of. What do YOU know about war? What do YOU know about serving in the military? What do YOU know that the people over in Afghan or Iraq feel or want? Do YOU even know why we are over there? Do YOU even know why we're over in Iraq? Do YOU even know why we're sending warships, missles and troops to surround Iran? DO YOU even know why we're running a secret war in Pakistan? How about drawing a straight line through those territories and use the intellect you seem to want to display onto others.

All YOU seem to know and want to accept is the propaganda that we all receive from the mass media, and from our corrupt gov't. YOU need to wake up, pick up a book, seek the truth and lift the veil over your eyes. WAKE UP All SHEEPLE!
You know, you and your ilk come on here screaming this stuff, but provide no proof or links to the things you are saying. How about some links to the "truth" for all to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies