Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:20 PM

731 posts, read 776,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
You bet I think this is an accomplishment. In the upcoming assault I hope this guy adds to his kills by scores more. What I find disturbing is that you apparently are unable appreciate the nature of the evil the Taliban represent.
The Taliban are not perfect, but they're ten times better than what the media make them sound like. The media pretty much made them sound like hungry savages who wanted nothing but destruction, I dont support them but I have to give them credit for what they accomplished.

Quote:
People get displaced in war. And sometimes life gets worse before it gets better in war. That's just the way it is. At least these people were given the opportunity to bug out. I'm positive they prefer it to living under Taliban rule.
Well after the invasion, Afghanistan have been getting worse every year, and each year it gets harder to improve the country, thats why you have NATO/US trying to buyout the Taliban fighters. Most ordinary Afghans prefer to have the Taliban back because life only got worse for them after the invasion. At least the Taliban were helpful when Afghans needed help, and they also gave away money to ordinary citizens, im not making this up, i was told these things by Afghans who lived in Afghanistan and seen everything with their own eyes, because if you think im lying then why would i waste my in this forum.

Quote:
Regarding the US invasion of Afghanistan: Why would any country want to claim that hell hole? We ousted the Taliban because they provided aid, comfort and material to those who attacked us on 9-11. We should have exterminated them totally but we didn't so we have to at least attempt to do so now. But with people who think like you making policy I have my doubts that we'll ever succeed in that endeavor.
Bin-Laden screwed the Taliban over, its true he was welcomed but the Taliban offered to hand him over to Saudi Arabia and the U.S. refused.

Quote:
I really doubt you can discern right from wrong. I suspect you're one of those who makes their own morality based on what feels good to you at the moment. So I'll just leave you with this: "For those that will fight for it freedom has a flavor the protected shall never know." That thought applies to people like you.
There's no such thing as freedom today, the worst warlords of Afghanistan were welcomed back by the U.S., what kind of democracy is that? Why would the U.S. welcome people who destroyed Afghanistan in everyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 01:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
war is not pretty. every time we kill the enemy its revenge, of course --they are thinking the same thing. do what you must-- but please end the war soon.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:30 PM

45,432 posts, read 60,623,477 times

Old 02-08-2010, 01:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Quote:
British sniper avenges his friend by killing Taliban - Telegraph

I wish I knew this guy so I could buy him a beer and shake his hand.
Haha that's awesome. If we could only line up all taliban and let him plink away at them 'til they were all eating dirt...

Old 02-08-2010, 01:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
The killing is not what is awesome. The skill involved is what is awesome.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:10 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A Brit. hitting @ 800 yards, likely using either .338 Lapua or 50 BMG.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:13 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Absolutely. Snipers are a tremendous force multiplier, their effect on the enemy is way out of proportion to their numbers. There was a very interesting show on about snipers recently, part of it involved a Marine sniper in Falajua (SP?). What was amazing to me is that he was routinely making hits at 500-800 yards on running targets, with an M40. The other one that was impressive was the hit THROUGH a cinderblock wall on an RPG team with a .50. Pink mist.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:16 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
A Brit. hitting @ 800 yards, likely using either .338 Lapua or 50 BMG.

For a country with such an anti-gun culture, the Brits know how to put together some good long range rifles. I wouldn't mind an Accuracy International myself. Accuracy International Super Magnum

Old 02-08-2010, 11:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
war is not pretty. every time we kill the enemy its revenge, of course --they are thinking the same thing. do what you must-- but please end the war soon.

Indeed your so right, War is never pretty, but when the good old guys, get the bad, yeah for us. Awsome, what this guy can do. I too would proudly like to shake his hand. For all of those, who have sacrificed their lives, and there family life, i am grateful to them all.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:02 AM

283 posts, read 496,176 times
Quote:
You bet I think this is an accomplishment. In the upcoming assault I hope this guy adds to his kills by scores more. What I find disturbing is that you apparently are unable appreciate the nature of the evil the Taliban represent.

People get displaced in war. And sometimes life gets worse before it gets better in war. That's just the way it is. At least these people were given the opportunity to bug out. I'm positive they prefer it to living under Taliban rule.

Regarding the US invasion of Afghanistan: Why would any country want to claim that hell hole? We ousted the Taliban because they provided aid, comfort and material to those who attacked us on 9-11. We should have exterminated them totally but we didn't so we have to at least attempt to do so now. But with people who think like you making policy I have my doubts that we'll ever succeed in that endeavor.

I really doubt you can discern right from wrong. I suspect you're one of those who makes their own morality based on what feels good to you at the moment. So I'll just leave you with this: "For those that will fight for it freedom has a flavor the protected shall never know." That thought applies to people like you.
You obviously have no clue as to what you speak of. What do YOU know about war? What do YOU know about serving in the military? What do YOU know that the people over in Afghan or Iraq feel or want? Do YOU even know why we are over there? Do YOU even know why we're over in Iraq? Do YOU even know why we're sending warships, missles and troops to surround Iran? DO YOU even know why we're running a secret war in Pakistan? How about drawing a straight line through those territories and use the intellect you seem to want to display onto others.

All YOU seem to know and want to accept is the propaganda that we all receive from the mass media, and from our corrupt gov't. YOU need to wake up, pick up a book, seek the truth and lift the veil over your eyes. WAKE UP All SHEEPLE!

Last edited by REIRehabber; 02-09-2010 at 01:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies