Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 AM

15,099 posts, read 8,641,275 times

Advertisements

I must draw everyone's attention to the shear and utter humor displayed by the owners of mainstream media ... I say owners ... there are just a handfull that control the networks .. or didn't you get the memo?

Anyways, for the past decade (that is just as long as I've been keeping track of it) Fox News was so blatantly lying about so many things, you couldn't find 5 minutes of unbiased news if you watched them all day. It was one joke (Fox and Friends) after another (Hannity & Combs), will the Billowing O'Reilly bringing up the rear. Combs was such a pathetic excuse for liberal viewpoint, he almost made Hannity seem intelligent ... no small feat.

Most of the other networks toed the party line on the most significant topics, but slipped in a bit of truth to maintain some semblance of credibility ... but not Fox .. no, no, no ... truth was a dirty word .. and the only real truth was what ever Roger Ailes circulated in his talking points memo for the day, circulated among his Fox News Actors, errr .. I mean anchors.

Hannity in particular was such a rabid Clinton hater, while his love for George Bush seemed to push the envelope of professional and ideological admiration.

So believe me when I say that Fox news has had, in my view the integrity of a $5 Hooker on heroine.

Which leads to the punch line ... right now they seem to be the only ones willing to tell the truth "occasionally" these days, albeit intertwined and packaged with more lies! What's up with that?

I'll tell you what I think ... I think it's a really funny joke ... it took a great deal of the viewing audience of Faux News almost a decade to figure out they were lying ... so what better way to discredit certain inconvenient truths, than to have these clowns tell it now?

The irony is too rich for more than a small slice. But it works ... even when they tell the truth .. no one believes it.

Gotta admit, there is a sense of humor among those depraved souls controlling those comm satellites in orbit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 11:00 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
^ They're still lying. Most of their audience still doesnt know, or wont admit, that they're lying.

I used to think it took a massive sense of humor to run that ship, but now I dont know if it can really be called "humor." Im sure Roger Ailes laughs about it... probably O'Reilly does... I hope Glenn Beck does.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:19 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
Gun Rights Advocates Target California Detective Following Facebook Posts

Gun Rights Advocates Target California Detective Following Facebook Posts - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

We all know what left wing nuts really want to do to gun owning people. Just shows their true colors.
As the article said the cop has the right to free speech to express his opinion on his own web site off duty. The gun rights advocates (and BTW I am one too) had really best think about trying to have somebody fired over posting their opinion. After all many of us have posted in favour of new laws that are being passed in some states which prevent OUR employers from telling us that we cannot have a gun in our own cars. Do they want our employers firing us for taking a position opposite their own? I would think not. So they best leave the cop alone unless he is found to be in violation of policy.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingzang View Post
zingzang wonders if boompa considers MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, and ABC credible news sources? zingzang notes that Fox is the only news source to presents both sides to the story whereas the others do not. zingzang wonders if boompa is a liberal?
CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC are pretty fair and balanced. Fox News is far right biased and MSNBC is far left biased. The Fox LOCAL news here (channel 5) is pretty fair and balanced too.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:01 PM

15,099 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC are pretty fair and balanced. Fox News is far right biased and MSNBC is far left biased. The Fox LOCAL news here (channel 5) is pretty fair and balanced too.
There is no real difference between these sources. They're all controlled by the same people. They simply cater to different audiences with differing levels of fictions.

there's about as much difference as there is between the Demos and Repubs ... the end result is all the same ole same old.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:03 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
zingzang wonders if boompa considers MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, and ABC credible news sources? zingzang notes that Fox is the only news source to presents both sides to the story whereas the others do not. zingzang wonders if boompa is a liberal?

Nvxplorer wonders if zingzang always speaks in the third person.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:13 PM

536 posts, read 414,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

Nvxplorer wonders if zingzang always speaks in the third person.
Lol. We shall never know he was banned...

Old 02-17-2010, 02:21 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,721 times
Exclamation And If He Is---So What?

Quote:
Or maybe he's not a liberal, and you want to slap that label on him because he's not kissing arse fast enough, and has the foresight to know when he's being fed a load of bull-snot?

Fox News being hailed as a credible news source is about as believable as someone stating that the moon is made of green cheese...or that we'll all own jet-packs and flying cars someday...

Labeling someone as a liberal just because they're not buying what you're selling (i.e. --'we're taking this country back!' when it hasn't really gone anywhere, and people saying that are upset because no one wants to hear about them wrapping themselves in the flag and riding to the rescue ) is tedious, juvenile, annoying and just plain freaking silly...wonder about that

Old 02-17-2010, 02:31 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Best part about Fox is that Murdoch was one of Hillary Clintons biggest contributor

Wow, Zingzang didn't last long

Last edited by Boompa; 02-17-2010 at 02:50 PM..

Old 02-17-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
There is no real difference between these sources. They're all controlled by the same people. They simply cater to different audiences with differing levels of fictions.

there's about as much difference as there is between the Demos and Repubs ... the end result is all the same ole same old.
There is a difference between Democrats and Republicans. About this much:
Click image for larger version

Name:	nickel.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	58239
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies