Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:00 AM

768 posts, read 1,088,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically if you can ;'t file bankrupsy it is a leagl and moral problem. That si why bankrupsy was passed as law. More and more are seeing this depending on the sate they are in. Morally you are burdened in the least with basicallty a deadbeat status on your loan trust worthyness at the worse you receive a 1099 from the debtholder on them writing off you as a debtor.The government receives this and looks at it has income.

Do you differentiate between legal and moral or are they the same to you? This is not a rhetorical question.

Also, to default is less expensive and doesn't require one to contaminate oneself by contact with an attorney. The end result of defaulting and declaring bankruptcy are the same, but the means of getting there via default are much cheaper and less unpleasant. Hmmm, let me think.... default and have bad credit but a lot more money or declare bankruptcy, still have a stain on my credit report, spend lots of money in the process and have to endure the unpleasantness of dealing with an attorney. Seems like a no brainer to me. Just a simple business decision like, say, laying off ten workers if I was a CEO of a corporation and profits weren't quite where my stockholders thought they should be. Of course laying off ten employees seems a bit more forgivable to the self righteous posters here than defaulting on a debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 12:11 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
i don't like the bailout deals and think the government did wrong by the citizens, so can i just stop paying? the biggest taxpayers don't get much bang for their buck so should they stop paying taxes as well? i think some people don't really care about the rules as long as they can find a way to personally benefit from ignoring them. we have a structured society for a reason and without it a society can devolve into anarchy.

if the taxpayers stop paying (because they don't feel that they should OWE IT) then how is the government expected to provide for the neediest citizens? this is a slippery slope you want to go down and it might not have a pretty ending, especially for people who don't think that their word is their bond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies