Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 04:46 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,381,302 times

Advertisements

Obama has not effected me yet but he has the potential depending on passed legislation.The HC bill if passed will cost me the $750 fine, due to the fact that with the subsidy it will be out of my reach of afford ability.And if cap and trade is passed and predictions of a 1/3rd increase on usage become a reality that will easily take $600 out of my pocket.
The good news is I have some time to find full time employment that provides HC instead of working part time jobs.And if I can get another wood burner before cap and trade that could off set some of the cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 04:53 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,710,938 times
Fortunately, I've inoculated myself from the ravages of the statist policies of this President, to a large extent. Though I am prepared to be required to pay higher taxes to pay for Obama's spending sprees, I do not have the same confidence in the majority of American to do the same. Therefore, I suspect many will be even more negatively affected by Obama in the near future through increased unemployment, high inflation, and stagnant business growth. These will beget higher trade deficits, more dependence upon foreign economies, and weaker global status. Though, up to now, we've only felt a minute portion of the negative affects of Obama and his policies, I feel the worst is yet to come.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:59 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,951,093 times
that is absolutely correct amaznjohn. people are asking how is it affecting them TODAY, while we are in the party phase of the credit card spending.

this is the rush from running up the charge card, but the bill hasn't been mailed to the house yet and then these same people are going to be really mad, because paying it with interest will have CONsequences and technically defaulting would also have CONsequences.

it is coming.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:08 AM

9 posts, read 8,370 times
I wanted Hillary to win. But seeing as how I have Obama, I'm trying to make the best of it. Still can't say that Obama has done anything to me, and I'm certainly not suffering...I mean the guy has done less than Dubbya did in his first year...so I dunno what all the concerns about policy are. It is not Obama's healthcare bill, it is Congresses bill. I'm so sick of reading opinion of people who don't even know how our Constitutional Republican system works. As a figure head, Obama has done well, certain Michelle has been nice to see with here charities, etc.

It would appear that the Conservatives in this country are resorted to their tested and true tactics of the last 4 decades, being scare tactics, organize the religious right, and then resort to Scandals. Knock down the Democratic majority, one by one, with scandals.

And misinform the average american person into believing that the Head of the Executive branch has magical powers to take or give or change the political system in place. Magically. Automagically.

...even though Obama has pretty much done absolutely nothing.

And by the way, those bailouts, were Bush's. Wake up people!

Old 03-12-2010, 05:44 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,345,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newstatic42 View Post
I wanted Hillary to win. But seeing as how I have Obama, I'm trying to make the best of it. Still can't say that Obama has done anything to me, and I'm certainly not suffering...I mean the guy has done less than Dubbya did in his first year...so I dunno what all the concerns about policy are. It is not Obama's healthcare bill, it is Congresses bill. I'm so sick of reading opinion of people who don't even know how our Constitutional Republican system works. As a figure head, Obama has done well, certain Michelle has been nice to see with here charities, etc.

It would appear that the Conservatives in this country are resorted to their tested and true tactics of the last 4 decades, being scare tactics, organize the religious right, and then resort to Scandals. Knock down the Democratic majority, one by one, with scandals.

Scandals are a democratic thing. Just look at the facts.
Scare tactics? Please explain.
Sorry to let you know this but the AMERICAN people are taking down the dem majority, it has NOTHING to do with anything the conservative party did and everything to do with what the democrats have NOT done for the American people.

Democrats have done it to themselves. Are you ready for a bloodbath come November? And it will be the AMERICAN PEOPLE who will be knocking down your majority. The American people have had enough of the party of NO.

Stop using the same dem tactics by blaming someone else for your party being such failures for the last 3 1/2 years.

And misinform the average american person into believing that the Head of the Executive branch has magical powers to take or give or change the political system in place. Magically. Automagically.

...even though Obama has pretty much done absolutely nothing.

And by the way, those bailouts, were Bush's. Wake up people!
Obama believes he has the magical powers to disobey the written law.
And his misinformed followers believe everything he says.

Just so you will understand here is an example.

Obama made the choice to try KSM in NYC. The American people said NO to his mistake. Obama caved in under pressure from us and we exposed yet another Obama mistake.

The American people are not going to allow Obama and his band of misfits to continue to take American down like they have.

Obama has caused pain and suffering all over this country. By working on the HC issue for more then a year and not working on the real issue at hand, jobs.
Because of his mistake of working on the wrong issue he has caused record foreclosures, bankruptcies and record homelessness.

Sad that you cannot see what this man has done to our country.

The American people will end the dems scandals and corruption soon and the pain will be over.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:45 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,353,435 times
Default to summarize

Ask me if the that speeding dump truck bearing down on me in the middle of the road has caused me harm and I'd have to say no.....not yet.

Nothing good can come of a man who blatantly lies and misleads. Of couse we can give him the benefit of the doubt that he is just as incompetent as he appeared to be as a candidate.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:49 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,050,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not one poster has been able to say what obama has done to effect their life in a negative manner, other than to gripe they don't like his politics. you all have your panties in a bunch for nothing
He has added at least $1 Trillion to the debt with his Failed Stimulus. In taking more than a trillion out of the private sector for his long list of liberal pork barrel projects that have failed to create the job growth this country needs, he has crippled the economy and made the recession much worse. His policies on the tablel (HC, C&T) are the cause of business unwilling to hire and individuals unwilling to spend, both critical factors when it comes to creating jobs.

So far, his big liberal agenda items have been stopped (HC, Cap&Tax) due to a popular uprising, which is manifested in 3 huge election losses, tanking poll numbers and moderate dems realizing just how toxic he is to their reelection bids.

He has filled his administration with radicals, he has embarrassed this country with his world apology tour, he has made the US much weaker in the world by his groveling, ineffective, embarrassing foreign policy.

Not to mention all his lies, scandals and more lies.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:06 AM

9 posts, read 8,370 times
Here is a freak fact that no one seems to address. We do not live in a democracy. Stop allowing both parties to trick you into thinking that it is the duty of the Federal government to do for you, what only your state legislatures have the power to do. It is unconstitutional to nationalize every aspect of your lives, from education to healthcare, they do not have those powers, those powers are explicitly given to your states.

I'm sick of political arguments, from political correspondents, and politicians as high as the president himself, that show an obvious disregard for the written US Constitution. It's as if you guys have never read it, do not know what powers the House and Senate have.

50% of the bills you hear about, are only within the scope of the states to pass. Stop allowing this "Democratic" takeover to occur. We live in a republic, tell the Feds to downsize, and protect our borders, print the money, and shut the heck up.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:28 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,549,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The correct phrase is "tea party." Not "tea baggers," "tea party."
tea bagger bigots that need to go back to work would be a better term

Old 03-12-2010, 06:30 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,549,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Short of an exorcism or electro-shock therapy, I don't think there is much hope of that ever happening. I think institutionalization in a padded cell is about the best that can be done for them.

I know the type;
unshaven, unwashed, wearing their mommy's housecoat and slippers during the day, whose main job is driving mommy...
(in their rusty Volvo's with their faded "Save The Whale" and "McGovern for President" bumper stickers from their days at an unsuccessful attempt at Community College)
...to the beauty shop once a week followed by Chinese take-out.

Other jobs in their resume include... election day democrat judge and yes... official census taker.
It gives them that aura of official importance!
Wow you two are getting really close. Hmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies