Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 12:34 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,101,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Social justice = redistribution of wealth = theft

Anytime the left wingers think they can get something for nothing, they start drooling. They hate Beck because he is exposing these lazy moochers for what they are. It is going to get to the point where they demand someone wipe their *** for them.

Real social justice would be if the left wingers took personal responsibility for once. Even hussein obama, their messiah continues to blame others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 03:51 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,326,019 times
I would have loved to see the expression on the faces of the educated conservatives on this forum who defend Beck like Greatday. You know they had to be thinking "Oh 4#%#, this guy I've supported is truly insane. Do I defend him or just ignore these threads hoping no one calls me on it"

Old 03-14-2010, 06:27 AM

4,565 posts, read 4,113,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
do you think that any americans want to give more of their money to a government that bailed out wall street elite? i don't think so.

Do you think the private sector is deserving of our complete trust given their mismanagement of funds.

if the government handled the money responsibly, people might see the point of having tax increases but they sure don't with the way the government handles the money now. the government has no respect for either labor or currency.
the private sector has proven itself to be just as inept with funds. Greedy, lazy people are greedy and lazy whether in government or the private sector.

As for respect for labor. I'd double check that, most government employees are well paid (the main exception being teachers) compared to those out in the private sector.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:27 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,970,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Matthew 25:31-46.

It doesn't say only feed the hungry if they are not lazy. It doesn't say cloth only the willing. It doesn't say provide drink only for those who haven't abused. There are no qualifications on who a person attempting to follow Christ is suppose to help.

Matthew 25
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
Now what does the Bible say about laziness?

What does it say about responsibility?

What does it say about wasted effort?

You quote concerning the concept of helping those in need. This is true, but if you simply take such a quote and use it to encourage sloth, laziness, and abuse, then you are twisting it for your own purpose. When we give, it is to glorify God, if someone takes advantage of that giving, it does not take glory from God as the act of giving is to which glorifies him.

The Bible also speaks of the above I asked questions of you. It speaks of fools and foolishness. It speaks of many things to which clarifies what I am talking about. Yet in order for you to understand such, you must take ALL of which is taught and apply it, not simply applying it as you see fit to serve your desires.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:34 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,210,040 times
Any rationale for selfishness and unkindness.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Any rationale for selfishness and unkindness.
And yet you do not support your claim, rather you simply condemn because you disagree.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
And yet you do not support your claim, rather you simply condemn because you disagree.
Are you aware you argued against Matthew 25:31-46?

Old 03-14-2010, 09:14 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,854,638 times
According to Beck: Obama is a Racist with a deep hatred of white people, Christians are Nazis or Communists.
But now Beck has really has gone to far, Bruce Springsteen is an anti-American propagandist.

Beck: Springsteen’s ‘Born in the USA’ is ‘anti-American,’ ‘propaganda’ | Raw Story (http://rawstory.com/2010/03/beck-springsteens-classic-born-usa-antiamerican-propaganda/ - broken link)
"That's what it's all about," Beck said. "That's what America's all about, according to Springsteen. ... It's time for us to wake, wake up, out of our, um, dreamstate. Wake up out of the propaganda. The, you know, this is the thing that, people who come from the Soviet-bloc or Cuba, they're all saying, 'How do you guys not hear this? How do you not see this?' Well, that's 'cause we don't ever expect it."

Old 03-14-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Are you aware you argued against Matthew 25:31-46?
No I did not, I explained its context. You are claiming I am arguing it by only using its words specifically without respect to the rest of the word to make your claim. This is exactly what I was referring to in my initial response.

What it means is that actions are important. That simply claiming ones self to be such is not being it. It is the concept of mercy and attending to those in need. The importance of serving where service is needed, helping those by simple acts regardless of wealth, ability, or intelligence. A simple act freely given and freely received.

Now you can simply take this to mean we are to hand money to the foolish, take care of those who abuse our help, and promote laziness, but that would require you to ignore the rest of the Bible concerning those topics, the topics I asked questions about.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
No I did not, I explained its context. You are claiming I am arguing it by only using its words specifically without respect to the rest of the word to make your claim. This is exactly what I was referring to in my initial response.

What it means is that actions are important. That simply claiming ones self to be such is not being it. It is the concept of mercy and attending to those in need. The importance of serving where service is needed, helping those by simple acts regardless of wealth, ability, or intelligence. A simple act freely given and freely received.

Now you can simply take this to mean we are to hand money to the foolish, take care of those who abuse our help, and promote laziness, but that would require you to ignore the rest of the Bible concerning those topics, the topics I asked questions about.
No, that's not what those verses "mean." Those verses are not in the least ambiguous, they dont need to be explained or put into some sort of context, Old Testament or any other, to make them clearer. They stand alone as they are.

Jesus doesnt put caveats on the kindnesses he REQUIRES of His followers.

The only reason anyone would try to "explain" those words would be to twist them.

What kind of church takes Jesus's words and says, "So He goes on, blah blah blah, and that's all sweet and nice but let's find a way to feel good about our own way of life; okay, what He REALLY meant was --"?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies