Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:26 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,365,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Exactly. The VA hospitals are filled with foreign trained doctors. Not surprisingly there certainly seems to be a lot of patients misdiagnosed. Another problem is getting a doctor that speaks English well enough to be understood by the patient. Do we really want to get rid of our own Doctors and use foreign doctors instead? Do we want even greater waits to see a doctor because we have less available?
VA hospital? Not for this Vet.
Actually you have it the other way around, foreign doctors are being TRAINED at the VA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 09:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,448,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Of course. There are 2 people in my family with medical degrees who are Research Scientists However, based on your claim, 1/3 of doctors will be looking for other jobs, and I doubt if there are that many openings in that field.

By the way, tell me what they're going to teach if nobody wants to be a doctor any more? Gym class? If the medical system in this country is destroyed by health reform, then why would there be lots of research jobs anyway? After all, research takes a lot of money.
The government will be paying for students to become doctors. There will be plenty of students taking the government up on free tuition. Demand for professors will be high.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,230,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I have worked with International Medical Graduates in the past. Your response is still non sequitur. My point is that the government will most likely not be so strict about H1B sponsorship when faced with a shortage.
You mean they will be paid by the government...from tax dollars? Dat sounds like communism to me!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:32 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,916,883 times
Quote:
I have worked with International Medical Graduates in the past. Your response is still non sequitur. My point is that the government will most likely not be so strict about H1B sponsorship when faced with a shortage.
Like in the 1960s? Like over last 30 years? What percentage of physicians do you think IMGs make up TODAY?

Besides, the doom and gloom theory ain't happening. Like everything else, sensationalistic ideas based on misrepresentation and sometimes lies are norm in opposition like we're seeing with health care reform.

Physicians aren't stupid. And I would love to see a list of those who would apparently leave the profession if the bill passes. Accountability matters, you know, stories don't.

78,862 posts, read 46,823,633 times
Doctors will just become very selective on which insurance plan they accept, that is all.

Everyone on the public option plan, will be forced to hoard into the state funded hospitals, just like more and more doctors now, do not accept Medicare, Medicaid, or Tri-care.

9,855 posts, read 10,448,408 times
There won't be enough tax dollars to cover the cost. The government will continue to financially ruin our country.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,282,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Actually you have it the other way around, foreign doctors are being TRAINED at the VA
You got that right. Trained at the expense of our VETs. Whoops did we just amputate the wrong foot? hehehe I struggle with the English word left and English word right. Dats ok we will chop the other foot tomorrow.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:34 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,008,730 times
Quote:
So let me ask you this. Why do so many Americans fly to Costa Rica to get quality health care at a fraction of the cost? Even Rush Limbaugh said he'd fly to Costa Rica if "Obamacare" passes. Are you saying that Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland and all the other countries with some form of socialized medicine have inferior doctors? You'd think by now all of those nations would cease to exist because the babies are all aborted & they kill old people.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:35 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,916,883 times
Quote:
There won't be enough tax dollars to cover the cost. The government will continue to financially ruin our country.
Yeah, and private corporations can be counted as the saviors. They certainly are doing their best to prevent financial disaster. Blame the founders, they should not have fought for, and established what could be an evil institution... the government. Big Corporations against Small Government should have been the name of the game from day one... the "conservative" thinking I guess.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:37 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,282,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So let me ask you this. Why do so many Americans fly to Costa Rica to get quality health care at a fraction of the cost? Even Rush Limbaugh said he'd fly to Costa Rica if "Obamacare" passes. Are you saying that Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland and all the other countries with some form of socialized medicine have inferior doctors?
I would say that India has inferior doctors. And that, and countries like India is where they will come from. Roam the halls of a VA hospital to confirm it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies