Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 10:51 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
With the coming hike in taxes they are just as well off to "go Gault". Who needs to "make a living" when the government is handing out entitlements?

...first we need a "Galt's Gulch".

In all seriousness, I wonder how many doctors will elect to take cash-only patients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 10:57 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,376 times
It's funny that so many on here will simply discount a survey of almost 1200 docs. Do you really think they're just bluffing? Are you so sure they don't have other options available to them?

Make no mistake...they're telling you what they'll do when the system becomes even more unwieldy than it is already. You'll see cash-only; you'll see no Medicare patients accepted; and you will see them ultimately leave active practice. To pretend otherwise is head-in-the-sand foolishness.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:00 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,117,995 times
That's exactly what's starting to happen now. You pay me up front, and YOU deal with trying get paid by medicare. Oh, by the way, medicare payments got cut 21% to providers.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 AM

114 posts, read 111,645 times

Old 03-17-2010, 11:12 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
So you discount the poll by the New England Journal of Medicine?
No, but I discount those who claim they will leave the profession if the bill were passed. They have as much credibility as Limbaugh who is about to relocate to Costa Rica for the same reason.

On the flip side of the poll, 2/3 of the physicians seem to like it. In fact, I wonder if the majority would actually favor single payer system. Trust me, NOBODY with a sane mind would want status quo, and certainly, not the doctors who are serious about their profession as a service (the oath they take).

Old 03-17-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
This is not a joke!
Anyhow, I heard it's more like 50% would leave the profession if passed.
I guess we then promote RN's to be physicians, great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good. I think nuts like that masquerading as physicians will do this country a favor if they leave.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:34 AM

114 posts, read 111,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

On the flip side of the poll, 2/3 of the physicians seem to like it. In fact, I wonder if the majority would actually favor single payer system. Trust me, NOBODY with a sane mind would want status quo, and certainly, not the doctors who are serious about their profession as a service (the oath they take).
"Oath" ... well it seems that word doesn't mean sheeeeit to ANYBODY anymore. Let's take a look at this oath:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

This is the same "oath" that Obama ****s on and wipes his ass with on a daily basis. And this is the same Constitutional "oath" that the POTUS, Barack Hussein Obama, said himself, is FLAWED!!

So, are doctors held to a higher standard than the POTUS when it comes to abiding to their "oath"??

Old 03-17-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy1 View Post
"Oath" ... well it seems that word doesn't mean sheeeeit to ANYBODY anymore. Let's take a look at this oath:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

This is the same "oath" that Obama ****s on and wipes his ass with on a daily basis. And this is the same Constitutional "oath" that the POTUS, Barack Hussein Obama, said himself, is FLAWED!!

So, are doctors held to a higher standard than the POTUS when it comes to abiding to their "oath"??
Well, the issue here isn't of oath, it is your understanding of the world around you. It can be another topic for another day. And, of course, you still blame Obama for the debacle that Roberts created during the event. But hey... if I expected better from you, we just might start agreeing somewhere.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:32 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
That's exactly what's starting to happen now. You pay me up front, and YOU deal with trying get paid by medicare. Oh, by the way, medicare payments got cut 21% to providers.
You mean that wasn't restored?
I can see it now Golf courses closing all over the country because all of the Doctors have gone to work at WALMART

Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
In Europe I have lived with that system and many doctors ended up over worked and stressed out and quiting their job or taken absent due to being sick and still getting paid by the system...the rather sat at home then listening to patient after patient and not getting a dime more, because they get one amount if the patient comes ones or many times per year...very demotivating for any doctor.

People should start to get used to waiting lists and other options to get health care and the days as we know it right now, will be over....

I rather have health reform then this bad bill pushed down our throats...many people left Europe because this system and country is so much better to live in and now we get Europe the second...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies