Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:18 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There you go. Proof for all. Not a lick of evidence, proof, corroboration or even ONE link that helps your false assertions.

Owned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Rules taken from the creationist, conservative repugnant, tea bagger play book.

I have asserted, therefore (for those of us who actually read the news and not commentary and know and remember) it is so.

Y'all can dish it out but you can't take it! "Me, myself and I."
For which Her Majesty excels.

Moderator cut: "Manual" signature

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-17-2010 at 04:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 01:25 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I sure wish democrats thought spending was as bad now as they did when Bush was in office.
Why did Dems approve this
Defense Spending $1.003–$1.223 trillion for year 2011

We have to break the political acceptance of out of control military spending - not just on the domestic issues.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

We have to break the political acceptance of out of control military spending - not just on the domestic issues.
How do we do that? Walk away?

The creationist, conservative repugnant, tea baggers got us into this, we have to do what we have to do to make it work, even if cosmetic - THEN walk away.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:37 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:

I would rather my country be safe. I dont wish to be in a building and someone fly a plane into it.

But we do need to cut wasteful military spending.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:39 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:
How do we do that? Walk away?

The creationist, conservative repugnant, tea baggers got us into this, we have to do what we have to do to make it work, even if cosmetic - THEN walk away.
Yeah to heck with the Americans died.

I do believe Obama himself said there was a threat against us there for we need to stay in Afgan. Hmmm

I love the republicans are to blame for all things bad. What have democrats been doing

Oh yeah what was the national debt when Clinton left office

Old 03-17-2010, 01:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
CBO facts and charts relevant with repugnants, not relevant with democrats . . . ?
Obviously not.. I prefer to go directly to the source and not some anononymous poster who claims that there are CBO facts and charts to show there were surpluses.. I go to the Treasury Department..

maybe you can go through the charts and tell me what year Clinton had surpluses.. I'll get you started and even provide the link. I wouldnt want you to strain yourself looking for it.

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Old 03-17-2010, 01:42 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:

we spend more on social services than anything else

cut them

Old 03-17-2010, 02:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
For which Her Majesty excels.
Is that really all you have? Pictures of Bush?

Weak. Maybe PoC is not the forum for you.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:35 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
we spend more on social services than anything else

cut them
Cut both

You would have to be blind, not to see what overspending on a military-industrial complex can lead to. The old Soviet Union is a perfect example. The War on Terror has resulted in Paranoia and a National Disease. A Disease too costly for the American people to justify spending absurd expenditures for it. A disease more costly than Health Care Reform

Our constitution states US Government to provide for common Defense - not senseless defense

The number one concern of citizens in Afghanistan is: JOBS
The number one concern of citizens in US is: JOBS

I would rather see my tax dollars stay Home - creating jobs HERE

Regardless of my individual thoughts on social services, e.g. Medicaid or Welfare - I would rather my tax dollars go to them, before ANY other country or its citizens

Old 03-17-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Cut both

You would have to be blind, not to see what overspending on a military-industrial complex can lead to. The old Soviet Union is a perfect example. The War on Terror has resulted in Paranoia and a National Disease. A Disease too costly for the American people to justify spending absurd expenditures for it. A disease more costly than Health Care Reform

Our constitution states US Government to provide for common Defense - not senseless defense

The number one concern of citizens in Afghanistan is: JOBS
The number one concern of citizens in US is: JOBS

I would rather see my tax dollars stay Home - creating jobs HERE

Regardless of my individual thoughts on social services, e.g. Medicaid or Welfare - I would rather my tax dollars go to them, before ANY other country or its citizens
Here, here, too late now tho ain't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies