Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, and Kevin Phillips was there too. He was giving a fisting lesson to children, of course.

Back to the original point of this discussion: Howard Fineman recently said that Obama was "a man of Kenya". I guess he's in on the secret too.
I wasn't being sarcastic. Were you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 04:15 AM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Please. You people need to get over yourselves. You're all starting to look like idiots...maybe too late.

It's a figure of speech.

Hilary Clinton would have found out back in 2006 or 2007 if he wasn't a natural born citizen, and you bet we'd all hear about that. So, get over it, and move on. We have a prsident who happens to be black. What if there was a chance he was white, but born in Canada...? I doubt anyone would notice. And yeah, before you call me racist, I'm mererly pointing out the obvious.
You are so correct. Great post.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
LOL. I've always wanted to visit my home country of Italy, but alas, I'm just a third generation American who has never got to go.
It's not YOUR home country if you were born here. It might be your ancestors, but not yours.

Honestly..if you say it then it must be true ?

Old 04-03-2010, 06:35 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
This video needs to be saved before the White House pulls it.
Good idea. I think that beeping sound coming out of my computer is Rahm Emmanuel spying on me. I hope he doesn't reset my Facebook status without me knowing it.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:20 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,896,154 times
The word obtuse comes to mind whenever I see one of these types of posts.

The only question is whether or not it is intentional. I am starting to think not.

Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
LOL. I've always wanted to visit my home country of Italy, but alas, I'm just a third generation American who has never got to go.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Home Country: the country in which a person was born and usually raised, regardless of the present country of residence and citizenship.

Definition of home country
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Maybe you should bone up on what constitutes a "home" country

I'll give you a hint *it's where you are born*
You two know what Michelle meant when she said that? When did you ever have a conversation with her? I can't imagine either one of you speaking to her if she were sitting next to you at a dinner party.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not YOUR home country if you were born here. It might be your ancestors, but not yours.

Honestly..if you say it then it must be true ?
See above. Obviously, different people phrase things differently. Give it up!

Old 04-03-2010, 09:11 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
My family has been in this country for over six generations but I still refer to Africa as "The Motherland" - this thread is just another stupid anti-Obama hate parade.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:41 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
I am either 4th generation or 5th generation Italian Ancerstory, some Spanish, mostly Italian, but i was born in this great Country. I consider myself an American born with Italain and Spanish Roots, not Italy as being my home Country.Ciao Ciao

Old 04-03-2010, 12:26 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,525 times
It is strange if Michelle Obama thinks her husband's Home Country is Kenya based on the fact his father was born there, what about Obama's mother and her parents. They were born in the US. Why would she cancel out the United States as his home country. His mother and her parents raised him not Obamas father.

He saw his father ONE time when he was around 10 years old yet he and his wife considers Kenya his homeland.

This is why a President MUST be natural born citizen, as intended by the Founders. No allegiance to another country. No divided loyalties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies