Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:21 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I'm not an Obama fan, however, he's our President and I do respect that. The guy they're talking about is targeting the lives of Americans. The President's job first and foremost, is to protect the lives of American citizens.

He's simply doing what he has to, as President.
His job is to uphold the Constitution. That's in his oath. Period.

It says nothing about he can do whatever he damn pleases in the name of fighting "terrorists"....Geek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 11:21 AM

470 posts, read 462,195 times
Why not capture him and try him like the rest? Why death for him but not KSM? What's the deal here? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:27 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,442,041 times
::Raises hand:: I'm against it. (First I've heard about it.)

Old 04-07-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
Why not capture him and try him like the rest? Why death for him but not KSM? What's the deal here? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Because the man has no principles. He's guided by poltical considerations first and foremost.

You can see the fake Conservatives on this very thread agreeing with what he is doing.

They would howl like the little cry babies if he dares follow the law in executing his duties as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

They want him to go around the law.

And since that's the easiest thing to do.( Real libertarians and real liberals are outnumbered by rank authoritarians and lazy ignorant Americans by 3 to 1) That's what he does.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,429 times
At last a big patriotic move from Obama...the 3rd ,after offshore oil drilling & decision for nukie el factory...

Go,Barak...
Go,drones...

Good hunting...

Old 04-07-2010, 11:32 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,684,460 times
American citizen is upset with government.... many citizens upset with government.
Government locks up people for not paying taxes.
Government lables them dangerous and terrorists.
President orders CIA to kill Americans resisting and plotting revolt.
In time this law sets normal process and law process to be guilty, no trail and the president has authority.
The constitution and law process sets us apart from other countries this power is not to be in the hands of one man. We are not communist russia, and should not consider killing American citizens because the president gives the ok. It is one thing to kill people in a war on other soil but to tell the president he can kill any US citizen for any reason he deems at threat I question this idealogy. In this case it sounds like they have a bad person and need to deal with him. But I dont like this as being a general policy that the president and authorize killing US citizens at will.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:33 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
washingtonpost.com

First thing I have to say: the guy's scum and I hope the CIA off's him in the most painful way possible.
This guy is terrorist, criminal and fugitive who's hiding out in a foreign country where he's beyond the reach of US law enforcement. If he's a threat to the US, then he should be taken out.

Quote:
Second thing: where is the liberal indignation? The cries of abuse of power? The demand for impeachment? If Bush had done this they would be spewing blood out of their noses. For the first time in our nation's history a president has authorized the assassination of an American. The silence from the left on this issue is deafening.

How much "liberal indignation" was there when Bush said he wanted bin Laden "dead or alive?" Get your head screwed on straight.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
At last a big patriotic move from Obama...the 3rd ,after offshore oil drilling & decision for nukie el factory...

Go,Barak...
Go,drones...

Good hunting...
These right wing Likudiks above don't even pretend to follow the law. That's how smug and arrogant they are. Here you have a foreigner, not a US citizen over here encouraging the US to act like some third world dictatorship and ignore the law when it suits them. Are we going to do this as a country? Be led around by some keyboard chickenhawk bigots?

Old 04-07-2010, 11:38 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
This guy is terrorist, criminal and fugitive who's hiding out in a foreign country where he's beyond the reach of US law enforcement. If he's a threat to the US, then he should be taken out.
The real issue isn't whether he's a serious threat or not, the issue is it sets a really dangerous precedent. Much like torturing individuals, etc. So now I guess it's okay for our own government to assassinate citizens it deems as "dangerous". This is one of the reasons state sanctioned assassinations are bad news as well. Where is the line here? How do I get deemed as a "dangerous individual" that's worthy of state sanctioned murder?

In my mind it's pretty different if the nation as a whole agreed and there is international support (OBL is a pretty different case from "dude I've never heard of").

Not that any of this is new at all, but it's good that it's coming to light and that people are actually questioning it.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post

How much "liberal indignation" was there when Bush said he wanted bin Laden "dead or alive?" Get your head screwed on straight.
If he's a threat???? Obama told you he is a threat! That should be enough for you since you're so damn Patriotic!

And to answer your odd question. There was no liberal indignation when Bush went after OBL. And he's not an American citizen.

Wipe that West Texas dust out of your eyes and read this...you might learn something..http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...ons/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies