Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 02:58 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
If he wasn't on the list, you'd start a thread complaining that Obama was weak.

Try and sell it to somebody else...
Maybe you didn't get it from my original post. I have no problem with Obama (in this matter). I was pointing out the big difference in liberals' reaction to this and to what they would have done if Bush had authoried this. As padcrasher pointed out there has been some reaction from liberals but I still think it pales comparedto what the reaction would have been in Bush had done it. NBC, ABC, and CBS would have been pushing it nightly for weeks. Instead, reaction has been mostly limited to blogs and websites. I just thought it was interesting, that's all. Oh, and I'm not selling anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 03:02 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Maybe you didn't get it from my original post. I have no problem with Obama (in this matter). I was pointing out the big difference in liberals' reaction to this and to what they would have done if Bush had authoried this. As padcrasher pointed out there has been some reaction from liberals but I still think it pales comparedto what the reaction would have been in Bush had done it. NBC, ABC, and CBS would have been pushing it nightly for weeks. Instead, reaction has been mostly limited to blogs and websites. I just thought it was interesting, that's all. Oh, and I'm not selling anything.
Bush did do it, and there was no reaction then either.

You're entitled to your own opinion.
You are just not entitled to your own facts.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
I was pointing out the big difference in liberals' reaction to this and to what they would have done if Bush had authoried this.
BUT BUSH DID ORDER THIS as early as December of 2002!

Where was the liberal outrage then, if it existed it should be easy to find.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:23 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
I'd trot down to the closest authority an turn myself in. Then I have the right to a trial.
Lets hope you make it there.

Watch the sniper scopes on the roof tops as you start your trot.

Quote:
This is a guy on the field of battle with the enemy. Any crime is secondary to his participation in a war against the United States. You don't have to convict enemy combatants of a crime before you shoot them. The fact that he is (actually was) an American citizen is irrelevant to the point.
Um. No, not really. Simply because a nurse is aiding a wounded soldier does not give our military the right to walk up and shoot her in the head. Just because a scientist developed an atom bomb doesn't give the CIA or any one of the military's special forces the ability to stalk and kill him.

There are rules to war. Infact, if an enemy surrenders, it is against the Geneva Convention to kill him... no scratch that... harm him.

If this guy comes out of hiding long enough, this order from the president gives them the right to shoot and kill him. No questions asked.

That isn't how we operate. War or not.

Quote:
We don't have to convict OBL of a crime if we find out where he is. We can just kill him.
Again. He is and never was a citizen of this country.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:27 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Link?

Old 04-07-2010, 03:32 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,964 times
Quote:
Bush did do it, and there was no reaction then either.

You're entitled to your own opinion.
You are just not entitled to your own facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The article says that this was the first time an American has been OK'ed for assassination by the CIA. If you have information that is incorrect please post it here and also send an email to the Washington Times so they can print a retraction.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
CIA's License To Kill - CBS News

Old 04-07-2010, 04:10 PM

703 posts, read 2,943,164 times
Wow! Obama just can't win. First he was criticized for being soft on terrorists and suspected terrorists then he orders three sniper kill shots on those Somali pirates and approves a CIA assassination order and still, he gets nothing. Sheesh. . .

Old 04-07-2010, 04:28 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Are you so blind to see that many of the people you are arguing with are on the left side of the political spectrum?
Who cares? I guess the right isn't used to debate and is more used to lockstep agreement. Is it confusing to you that people who align themselves on the left disagree on a certain topic or something?

Old 04-07-2010, 06:49 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. Because the terrorists hate our freedoms. So if you don't support our actions againsts the terrorists, you are obviously a freedom hater and a traitor who should move to Canada.
It's not about if we are against us or the terrorists as you say...it's more like why tha hell are they worrying so much about these militia and terrorists that have done nothing here as far as terror in a while, but yet we have thousands of murders and illegals that are in gangs in our own country selling drugs to kids...doesn't the priorities of the whole thing smell fishy to anyone else...I mean i think the government could stop all the drug dealing if they went after them as hard as they do "terrorists"..but i don't think the government wants to stop using the CIA as a legal way to make money off the drug war....they just want to put more "security measures" on the innocent people in this country by saying it's due to terrorism..they just want more control over society in America...I'm more afraid of my lil nephew getting shot in a drive-by from some gang than I am of terrorists..I urge people to see the "real" agenda of our government..u think they wanna fight terrorists in Ireland?....of coarse not because we know they don't have oil like over in the middle east or opium like in Afghanistan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies