Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:57 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Wow. That video says more about the state of this country's public education system than anything else.

"Cutting taxes...making a more...um...you know...entrepenooyal...entrepreneurial...um...just ...um...like...conducive environment for our country...ya know...getting back to less government, less government dependence on things...back to individuals...an...just...healthy...healthy country." (time stamp 2:13)

^That one sounds like a Sarah-in-the-making.
Yup, sounds like she memorized one of Palin "sterling, precise, intellectual" interview answers....but she forgot to put "there" in after every "Uh"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 07:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
I love how, when they ask what it is they like about her that hearkens AT ALL to public office, none of them has a clue. Not a clue. "Um...policies?" "Um...issues?" "To be honest, I don't know anything about her foreign policies." "More cost efficiencies...um...but I don't know too much about it." "She'd focus on a system of government that doesn't (something) on czars."--"And what are the problems you have with czars?"--(stunned silence; deer-in-the-headlights look; sudden light bulb going off)--"This is America. We don't have czars here." Really? Learned crowd! You'd have to get up preeeeety early in the morning in order to pull one over on them!

Great. Thank God her followers are stupid too; this way she'll lose a second time, if she even thinks it's profitable enough to give it another shot.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Indeed! I find in ...interesting, to see Sarah Palin trashed by people who worship Nancy Pelosi. I guess they just don't see the correlation. The whole 'tingle up the leg' crowd, find it ...disgusting, to see people admire a gal like Palin. It just don't make sense, but such is the nature of the beast I reckon.
What is the correlation? Enlighten us.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:20 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What is the correlation? Enlighten us.
Honestly? Wow, well, I'll take it that you are one of the Palin haters, yet you worship Nancy Pelosi? You would run people who admire Palin into the septic tank, yet you would get all awe struck by ...Pelosi? I fail to see your confusion here, but there ya go. You would call people who admire Sarah Palin all manner of vile names, and do the same to Palin herself, and you can't see how folks like me, who rather like Sarah Palin find that odd, being as you have your own issues with what you find admirable, from my point of view, anyway. It would seem that the Palin haters are rather obsessed with their 'rightness' as to judging her character, and cannot understand how others find these folks own ....heroes(?) to be questionable...at best. The correlation is simple enough. Enlightenment may be a tad strong of a word (I thought all 'progressives' were as enlightened as one can be anyway) but it boils down to ye ol' different strokes. Why don't you, in turn, 'enlighten' us as to how the goose and the gander, the pot and the kettle, etc are so different?

Old 04-07-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Honestly? Wow, well, I'll take it that you are one of the Palin haters, yet you worship Nancy Pelosi? You would run people who admire Palin into the septic tank, yet you would get all awe struck by ...Pelosi? I fail to see your confusion here, but there ya go. You would call people who admire Sarah Palin all manner of vile names, and do the same to Palin herself, and you can't see how folks like me, who rather like Sarah Palin find that odd, being as you have your own issues with what you find admirable, from my point of view, anyway. It would seem that the Palin haters are rather obsessed with their 'rightness' as to judging her character, and cannot understand how others find these folks own ....heroes(?) to be questionable...at best. The correlation is simple enough. Enlightenment may be a tad strong of a word (I thought all 'progressives' were as enlightened as one can be anyway) but it boils down to ye ol' different strokes. Why don't you, in turn, 'enlighten' us as to how the goose and the gander, the pot and the kettle, etc are so different?
Uh...holy cow. Way to not answer a question. No, I absolutely don't idolize Pelosi. I was imagining (silly me) that you had some sort of solid correlation between the two politicians named. Apparently, you don't. Your ONLY correlation was...that...uh...some people like Nancy Pelosi! And some people like Sarah Palin!

Why, it's seamless!

In other words, we can't DISlike any human if we LIKE another human. So if I, say, like(d) Mother Theresa, I'd have to also like Hitler...because look at the correlation! They're both, I don't know, carbon-based bipeds?

Some people LOVE one person but then they say they HATE another! Why, that's hypocrisy! Not to mention irony. And um...and more stuff.

Just can't happen!

Um..........

Yes, different people admire...different people. But how is that a "correlation" that creates an irony or whatever you're seeing here? What's your point with that?

(By the way, I don't hate Sarah Palin...she makes me giggle. She does a really good Tina Fey impression.)

Old 04-07-2010, 07:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
There are no threads on here about/by people who "love" Pelosi. I've never read one positive post about her on CD.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There are no threads on here about/by people who "love" Pelosi. I've never read one positive post about her on CD.
Exactly, which makes the reference even weirder.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:31 PM

419 posts, read 448,308 times
I think the yinzer in the Steeler jacket was wasted. Holy good god man, It's like 11 in the morning. You need a intervention. The rest of them seem as bright as a black hole.

Last edited by Urban_HillBilly; 04-07-2010 at 07:51 PM..

Old 04-07-2010, 07:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The best part of this is the way it sounds so much like Obama supporters like the old gal in Detroit telling the guy about Obama giving her money from his stash.
funny that's the ONLY thing you right wingers can ever come up with. over and over, year in and year out, the same old tired video clip from 2008. Meanwhile Palin fans are the gift that keeps on giving.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquills View Post
I think the yinzer in the Steeler jacket was wasted. Holy good god man, It's like 11 in the morning. You need a intervention. The rest of them seem as bright as a black hole.
Agree. I watched about half the video, couldn't stand to watch more since no one could articulate what it was about Palin or Palin's politics that they liked. No one knew WHAT spending needed to be cut or what Sarah said she'd cut; no one knew ANY of the foreign policy issues that they thought Palin would address for us, etc. No one had any idea about anything, just hooray for our side which is NOT enough.

Any idiot, Palin included, can stand up in front of a crowd and say they are going to make sure we get "free market" solutions via our "private enterprise" principals, yadda yadda yadda. Sadly, millions of clueless citizens eat it up like it's manna from heaven and it's nothing more than empty rhetoric, sound bites and stock phrases without a single bit of substance. Shame on us if we fall for that crap.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies