Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 04:50 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Yes, the world revolves around mothers, regardless of how you feel about it.
No ... the world does NOT revolve around mothers; it revolves around respect for your fellow man or woman (at least it should).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 04:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I don't know why people are bothered by it. Never seen a woman's breast before? Never seen a baby before? A bit dense about how nature works?
Agreed. The baby is enjoying his/her meal; I will pay no mind and enjoy my meal...

Old 04-11-2010, 04:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
There are TONS of things that are legal but not in my best interest to partake in. If a woman decides to go topless in public just because it's legal, then she better not be surprised or dismayed that folks will ogle her and pervs will stare or worse. Don't make yourselves victims, cover up.
When I breast fed in public, I was so busy feeding the baby that I didn't really note anyone ogling me. No one ever followed me home.

You do not need to "go topless" to breast feed a baby, in public or at home.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:52 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
There are TONS of things that are legal but not in my best interest to partake in. If a woman decides to go topless in public just because it's legal, then she better not be surprised or dismayed that folks will ogle her and pervs will stare or worse. Don't make yourselves victims, cover up.
Yes, sure! From now on Congress should pass a law for all US women to cover all flesh like in Saudi Arabia.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:52 PM

Let me ask you all a question: At what point would you consider breastfeeding indecent exposure? How far should a woman expose herself before it is considered nudity?

Old 04-11-2010, 04:53 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
When I breast fed in public, I was so busy feeding the baby that I didn't really note anyone ogling me. No one ever followed me home.

And you are correct. My wife breastfed my children, and all she did when in public was to cover her breast and baby with a small and thin blanked she had for this purpose.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
But millions do, including those who don't breastfeed.
That's because morals are declining in our society. All of those activities were not always openly accepted by society.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Exactly but yet, many posters don't seem to have an issue with them going topless while breastfeeding.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:55 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
Kicked out for breastfeeding? A St. Paul mother takes issue with the treatment she got at restaurant - TwinCities.com

State statute 145.905 says, "A mother may breast-feed in any location, public or private, where the mother and child are otherwise authorized to be, irrespective of whether the nipple of the mother's breast is uncovered during or incidental to the breast-feeding."

The mother says they were removed for breastfeeding, here is what the restaraunt says:

"The couple in question was asked to leave the restaurant because the man became verbally aggressive — NOT because his fiancée was breastfeeding," wrote Diana Postemsky in a prepared statement for the restaurant chain. "Rather, the man's volume and use of profanity was disturbing our other guests."

I know the law is on her side in this IF she was kicked out for breastfeeding however; what do you guys think? Should breastfeeding mothers cover it up out of courtesy or "let it all hang out" so to speak?
This is the only country in the world that thinks a woman's ***** are somehow "dirty". Not only should she breastfeed but walk around topless if she wants. I used to think they should cover up too but then I saw other countries in Europe and wondered why Americans are so obsessed with this part of female anatomy.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, sure! From now on Congress should pass a law for all US women to cover all flesh like in Saudi Arabia.
The breasts is a body part that is normally covered up so how are we jumping from covering up breasts to covering up the entire body? Talk about slippery slope arguments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies