Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 07:56 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
So she should bring the car inside the restaurant?

That's not what 'Drive-Thru' means.

I wonder how many babies took a crap before McDonald's bathrooms were invented?

I think the big problem is who defines discreet? It makes sense to me that anywhere that is appropriate for an adult to eat is an appropriate place for an infant to eat.
Now you are being ridiculous. A car can be a comfortable place especially if the air/heater is turned on. The benefits is that mother and child can bond outside of the public eye. If the car isn't a viable option and we know the bathrooms are out, then just take care to cover up or sit at a corner where you can have some measure of privacy as this is a bonding moment. What constitutes discreetness in this situation: If other patrons are unaware of what you are doing, then you are being discreet. If people can see your breast, then you are being indiscreet and making a spectacle of what should be a private moment between mother and child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 07:57 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,946,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
1) OK, forget the swimsuit comparison. However, do keep in mind that in many cases as much, if not more, breast is exposed in a swimsuit as in breast feeding. How about these skimpy low-cut halter tops that expose a good deal of "side boob"? These are allowed in most restaurants.

2) Sorry, completely disagree with you. If you don't like someone doing an activity that is perfectly legal in almost every state (probably every one when you run a cross between "public breastfeeding" laws and exemption of breast feeding from public nudity/indecent exposure laws), don't look! YOU can ask to be moved to a quiet table with your back to the rest of the diners. You might still be disturbed by a bunch of drunks, but I guess that's preferable.
Yeah, if I could campaign against low cut halter tops, I would as well. Again though, there are places where you'll get kicked out for that too (or the restaurant will bring you a sweater). I am thinking of relatively nice restaurants when I was writing these. There is a time and place for everything.

It's also perfectly legal in almost every county/state/etc to blast music and be loud and obnoxious as long as it's before 9pm. (Hence my neighbor's son banging on his drums every evening with his band!) Should I leave my house each evening? Or should my neighbor realize he's disturbing the neighborhood, and play more quietly?

Old 04-11-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Tough. It's legal. Deal with it.
If pervs stare at you, tough. It's legal. Deal with it.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Let me think about this for a really long time...hmmm...

Perhaps because a restaurant is a place where people go to EAT
Exactly! There's dress codes in most restaurants and bare boobies don't make the cut!

Old 04-11-2010, 08:01 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
If pervs stare at you, tough. It's legal. Deal with it.
My goodness! What's your problem with other women's breasts? You need to work on that, my dear

Old 04-11-2010, 08:01 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,946,208 times
Quote:
Tough. It's legal. Deal with it.
Forgot that everything which is legal is good and should be abused at the expense of others.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:05 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Exactly! There's dress codes in most restaurants and bare boobies don't make the cut!
That's how kids eat!

Old 04-11-2010, 08:06 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
Nobody said to take the baby to the bathroom. Just take it "somewhere else" besides the table next to me!

Take it to the car, or home...or God forbid you actually be responsible for your decision and plan for an evening out and pump in advance!
So what happens if the breast-feeding woman is there before you? You want her to be moved away just because that's what you want?

Old 04-11-2010, 08:08 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Now you are being ridiculous. A car can be a comfortable place especially if the air/heater is turned on. The benefits is that mother and child can bond outside of the public eye. If the car isn't a viable option and we know the bathrooms are out, then just take care to cover up or sit at a corner where you can have some measure of privacy as this is a bonding moment. What constitutes discreetness in this situation: If other patrons are unaware of what you are doing, then you are being discreet. If people can see your breast, then you are being indiscreet and making a spectacle of what should be a private moment between mother and child.

This is ridiculous.

The only way that other patrons can know if a mother is breast feeding is if they look.

So a mother is being discreet if no one looks, but a mother is being indiscreet if someone looks?

Ridiculous.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
That's how kids eat!
I feel like we are going round and round in circles here. If the mother needs to breastfeed and there are no other places for her to feasibly go, then do it discreetly. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies