Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
Aw jeez who cares H bombs, A bombs, B bombs, C bombs.

No, I'm sure the decision was not made lightly. That's exactly my point. In fact, America was quite compassionate in not bombing larger cities that would have had much larger death tolls. But maybe I should had said Leftist Liberals. I'm not speaking of the Liberals from yesteryear, but today. Libs back then were like the Republicans are today.

It just enrages me when people with clearly anti-American sentiments B & M about how wrong we were to drop the bombs. If they had capitulated after one bomb it would had only taken one bomb. The purpose of war is to win by whatever means necessary. We saved more lives with that decision. But you can't talk common sense to Lefties. Their infantile brains can't wrap around that.

I'm a leftie bleeding heart commie America hating welfare collecting wine swilling elitist Godless liberal, and my infantile brain wrapped around that quite nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Talking say what?

Quote:
Aw jeez who cares H bombs, A bombs, B bombs, C bombs.

No, I'm sure the decision was not made lightly. That's exactly my point. In fact, America was quite compassionate in not bombing larger cities that would have had much larger death tolls. But maybe I should had said Leftist Liberals. I'm not speaking of the Liberals from yesteryear, but today. Libs back then were like the Republicans are today.

It just enrages me when people with clearly anti-American sentiments B & M about how wrong we were to drop the bombs. If they had capitulated after one bomb it would had only taken one bomb. The purpose of war is to win by whatever means necessary. We saved more lives with that decision. But you can't talk common sense to Lefties. Their infantile brains can't wrap around that.
Oh, really?

Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 AM

948 posts, read 894,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I'm a leftie bleeding heart commie America hating welfare collecting wine swilling elitist Godless liberal, and my infantile brain wrapped around that quite nicely.
I swill wine on occasion. Malbec, Pinot or Viognier.

Bet you're a Cab fan huh?

Old 04-14-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I swill wine on occasion. Malbec, Pinot or Viognier.

Bet you're a Cab fan huh?

No, I like beer. Preferable draft Hini, but Miller will do nicely on a hot day.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Oh look, you have a cute little owl. But just so ya know, you don't want to start with the thread pics. Because I will destroy you!

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-14-2010 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: photo is inappropriate

Old 04-14-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
No, I like beer. Preferable draft Hini, but Miller will do nicely on a hot day.
Well whatta ya know, a Lefty and a Righty livin' the High Life.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Well whatta ya know, a Lefty and a Righty livin' the High Life.

Look for Jesus to come back any day now. That's a major miracle.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Look for Jesus to come back any day now. That's a major miracle.
When he does he ain't gonna be smiling. You might want to find a bunker.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:29 AM

533 posts, read 318,525 times
Quote:
Ya know what grinds my gears? The other day I'm listening to talk radio and the host, I can't recall who someone local, had one of those bleeding heart liberals on. (you know the type) He was squawking about what a terrible country we were to have dropped two H-Bombs on Japan in WW2.

Amazing how many (I won't say all. Most but not all) Libs throw common sense out the window when it comes to our enemies. Guess they forgot how we would have lost at minimum a million American soldiers and even more Japanese had we not done this. My grandfather fought in the Pacific theater and had we not dropped the bomb I likely wouldn't have known him.

Guess they forgot how the Japs tortured and killed our soldiers for kicks (Hellooo Bataan/Philippines) so they kind of had it coming.

The topic was B.O.'s great nuclear disarmament plan so he was going on about what a spiffy terrific idea it is. How we've been the only ones to use them and blah, blah, blah. I swear if I had one I would have lobbed it at his house. (small yield, nothing too big. Against most HOA's)

BTW, Japan is great you should visit. But ixnay on the ombay.
"H-bombs"????????

If you're going to complain about something, at least try to get your facts straight.

Fat man and Little Boy. Did you not do well in history when you went to school? EVERYBODY knows this.
The First Atomic Weapons

In some sort of crude sense which no vulgarity, no humor, no
overstatement can quite extinguish, the physicists have known sin;
and this is a knowledge which they cannot lose.

J. Robert Oppenheimer

Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
When he does he ain't gonna be smiling. You might want to find a bunker.

No, I'm really looking forward to it. Me and Jesus go way back.

I was raised a Southern Baptist, I got dunked in 1981(the minister wore hipwaders).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies