Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Pardon me, sir? They do NOT need my sympathy. My sympathy only validates their disturbed world view enabling the self loathing/ self destructive behavior plaguing them. It's not helpful in any way to imply that womankind ought to crawl into the same hole a drunk put himself into out of some sense of warped loyalty to their brothers.

I would love to help them up and empower them as true men in a gracious Christian and American spirit. That cannot happen when the very sickness in their heart came from the nasty birds in their ear hating on women. So who do you want to believe?

Who authored and pushed this game? Who is playing a zero sum game where only one half of the species may survive/ thrive? It's dysfunctional huck. If no matter what I do I will be blamed for your misery, this is an abdication of your own manhood that I didn't talk you into. You allowed sycophants to have your ear above your wife, your daughter, your sister, and your mother.

True, they do need a divorce. They need their own country! Because men worshiping themselves are a nation unto themselves and the existence of real women ought to be abolished in their country. They can't handle the existence of womankind. Let them live in Alaska forever and ever. The rest of us have babies to keep fed and have no time to feed grown babies refusing to be adults. Renouncing true manhood. That isn't a request that ever came from feminists. It came from demented theologians in religious groups carrying on sleight of hand games as they ever have.
so its the birds? the birds did it? move to alaska? ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 06:22 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
One thing I've noticed is discussions like this lead to groupthink and collectivism. Many here claim discrimination against whites because of past sins, I get grouped in with my ancestors and men who lived hundreds or thousands of years ago I had nothing to do with because of groupthink. Racism is collectivism. We need to stop judging people based on broad identifiers and start judging each person on their individual worth. There's no room for racism in an individualist society.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:22 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Don't expect any coherent responses. DO expect claims of "racism" and "intolerance". Empirical facts are no longer valid in today's Orwellian nightmare.

Lucky for me no one from the Orwellian nightmare can figure out why cars don't run right.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,494 times
Anyone who thinks Whites more discrimination than other groups, really needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Lucky for me no one from the Orwellian nightmare can figure out why cars don't run right.
Good point. More poor and middle-class White males need to be taught the utility of technical schools and trades, as the deck is stacked against them in our liberal education system. They also must be taught not to check the "Caucasian" box on any application. Same goes for Asians.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:29 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
As a straight, white man, I feel blessed that I was born this way.

Just being white gives one an advantage.

Being a man doubles that advantage.

There are absolutely no insults that can be thrown at a white guy that can hurt as much as a black person being called the "N" word or a woman being called the "C" word or a gay person being called the "F" word.

White people in general are more trusted up front more than others.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

There are absolutely no insults that can be thrown at a white guy that can hurt as much as a black person being called the "N" word or a woman being called the "C" word or a gay person being called the "F" word.

Finally - a straight, white man who speaks the truth as it is.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Anyone who thinks Whites more discrimination than other groups, really needs to lay off the crack pipe.
Nice refutation! Do you have any coherent, intelligent points to make or are you incapable of logic and reason?

I'm not sure if White males face more discrimination than other groups, but they are the only group that faces institutionalized racism at the hands of this government.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:35 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
If they do, I don't see it but maybe some of them do and if they are, they're being discriminated mostly because of white women (job and promotions). At least not at my corporate job.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

1. How does it give one an advantage? Have you ever met poor whites in Alabama, Arkansas, or West Virginia? Or are you under the impression that all White people are upper class hipsters?

2. True. But the government does not actively discriminate those groups.

3. White people don't seem commit crimes at rates that minorities (excluding Asians) do. Your boy Jesse Jackson had something to say about this a couple years back. (I'm assuming you are a self-loathing, guilt-ridden White liberal, which is why I figure Jesse is your boy. If I'm mistaken, I apologize.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies