Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:45 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,124,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Everybody faces discrimination. I'm as annoyed by white dudes complaining about how affirmative action is the reason they didn't get into college as I am by black dudes complaining racism is why they got pulled over by the cops (Hey, look at that, I associate whites with college, and blacks with the cops - see, we're all just racist, can't be helped).
They don't want black people to have anything, they just want us to be miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 05:45 PM

9,016 posts, read 13,860,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You said you can't tell if someone's gay unless they tell you, so how are you able to make that statement? Are you going up to every male couple and asking them if they're gay?

A gay friend of mine was just commenting recently on how many interracial gay couples he sees. I sure see a lot more interracial friendships in the gay world than I do in the straight world.

Probably so. But regardless, there are other forms of discrimination - in the workplace, in schools, in rental housing, etc.

So you're saying that if someone says out loud that he's gay, and he then loses his job, it's his fault and he should have stayed quiet. Got it.

I don't know why you're making that comparison. That's not what this discussion is about. It sounds like you've got a real problem with gay people and so you're taking this opportunity to attack them.

Noi don't have a problem with gay people at all.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between a gay white male and a straight one.
Somehow,I don't think we can compare the discriminationa gay white male faces vs a black straight male.

And yes,if a man is gay in the workplace,what business does he have telling others about his bedroom exploits? Its ain't no bodies business.
See,a gay white male can stay quiet,no one will know he is gay unless he says something.
A black man can walk in a room,and instantly everyone knows he is black.

Any gay black men or women in here? I would like to ask what have they been discriminated against more,being gay or being black?

Old 03-06-2012, 05:49 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,046,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
They don't want black people to have anything, they just want us to be miserable.
Like I said, just as annoying.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:51 PM

9,016 posts, read 13,860,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
What privileges? Name one that I personally am "accustomed to?" I'd love to hear this. I am not "accustomed" to anything but relying on myself. I'm the son of a truck driver and a factory worker. I haven't received a single thing because of my race or my gender. Where was my "long accustomed privilege" when I was dead broke, unemployed and had my new bride look at me and tell me she was pregnant? I had no college education and home was a thousand miles away.

What did I do? Did I fall back on my "white privilege?" No I went to work at a very dangerous state prison making 11 bucks an hour working 12 hour shifts because that was the highest paying job I could get within 100 miles of me. I netted 19 grand that year and the year after. I've worked my way up off the mat and I've come from nothing to where 40 grand a year feels like 100 grand. I may never have been discriminated against but I sure as hell haven't be privileged.
Maybe you are so used to it you don't see it.
For instance,maybe you don't get pulled over by the cops for speeding because you are white?
Maybe you don't get followed around by security in an upscale store because you are white?
Maybe you get more job interviews because your name doesn't sound strange or "middle eastern"?

Mayybe other white cashiers say "hello" to you and are friendly but when its my turn they don't say anything,not even a smile and slam your change on the counter and don't put it in your hand?

Old 03-06-2012, 05:52 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,099,512 times
I definitely agree, and affirmative action laws in this country attest to that. That's empirical, not theoretical. There is no arguing with this fact: Straight, White, heterosexual males are the only group that garners no benefit from these racist laws.

With that being said, I take it as a compliment. My "White Male" friends and I will have no problem succeeding in this country through hard work, education, and personal responsibility. I'm sure the Asian folks won't have any problems making ends meet either.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
What world do you live in?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
For instance,maybe you don't get pulled over by the cops for speeding because you are white?
Maybe you don't get followed around by security in an upscale store because you are white?
Maybe you get more job interviews because your name doesn't sound strange or "middle eastern"?

Mayybe other white cashiers say "hello" to you and are friendly but when its my turn they don't say anything,not even a smile and slam your change on the counter and don't put it in your hand?
Despite all that "victimization" blacks, hispanics, asians, and middle easterner's come to this country in droves each year.

Based on what you describe above, there should be a mass exodus of poor old minorities from this country.

Drop the victim mentality, take advantage of all of the "diversity" programs offered in our workforce and education system, be a half-decent student, stop killing each other and forming flash mobs, and ya'll should be fine in America.

I never hear any Asian immigrants complaining about "rayciss" whitey. They hit the books, obey the law, and achieve at levels higher than any other group in America. Every race (including the Blue-Eyed Devils) should take notice and follow their example.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:13 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't believe that the majority of heterosexual white men think of themselves as persecuted victims, but it's clear that some do. Perhaps those who believe they are discriminated against can explain why they feel this way.

Can you name another group negatively impacted by AA and the special rights of special groups?

Fortunately for me, I'm in a field (automotive repair) where belonging to an approved group means little.

Modern automobiles are extremely complex and diagnosing malfunctions and performing repairs on these vehicles requires skill and intelligence.

In this business, if you can't diagnose a malfunction correctly, you'll be shown the door and no one will cover for you.

Want to know what the workforce in America would be like without special accommodations, to include lower standards, for special classes of people?

Take a look inside an automotive repair shop that deals with electrical, drivability and driveline issues.

Take a look at the mechanics working at new car dealerships where passing the buck because you can't get your head around the technology is not allowed.

There, you'll see white males, no females and precious few blacks.

I propose that everyone who thinks women and blacks should be given preferential treatment in the workplace should be required to have their vehicle serviced by black females exclusively.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,988,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

Please. Millions of "minorities" come to this nation every year. Racism still exists of course it does, it always probably will but it's so vastly overblown I can't even believe it. I mean this country has come a long way yet some people can't seem to let go. I find that more often than not cries of racism are just overblown and used as excuses to cover up failure. By the way much of the leadership at the prisons I've worked at has been black so I doubt my skin color has gotten me very far.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Can you name another group negatively impacted by AA and the special rights of special groups?

Fortunately for me, I'm in a field (automotive repair) where belonging to an approved group means little.

Modern automobiles are extremely complex and diagnosing malfunctions and performing repairs on these vehicles requires skill and intelligence.

In this business, if you can't diagnose a malfunction correctly, you'll be shown the door and no one will cover for you.

Want to know what the workforce in America would be like without special accommodations, to include lower standards, for special classes of people?

Take a look inside an automotive repair shop that deals with electrical, drivability and driveline issues.

Take a look at the mechanics working at new car dealerships where passing the buck because you can't get your head around the technology is not allowed.

There, you'll see white males, no females and precious few blacks.

I propose that everyone who thinks women and blacks should be given preferential treatment should be required to have their vehicle serviced by black females exclusively.
Don't expect any coherent responses. DO expect claims of "racism" and "intolerance". Empirical facts are no longer valid in today's Orwellian nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies