Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
If you would like to discuss evolution, natural selection, and environmental adaptation tomorrow I would love to enlighten you. I must be headed to bed now, responsibilities and shizz...
Yeah......Mommy has insisted that you turn off the computer, get the milk and cookies and read the Turner Diaries......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 08:43 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah......Mommy has insisted that you turn off the computer, get the milk and cookies and read the Turner Diaries......

thats funny right there, dont care who you are

Old 03-06-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Well, let's see...Obama has started a "blacks for Obama" or some such thing, recently! I heard this on national, hourly radio news last week.

White men don't DARE start a "whites for Romney."

They don't need to. Those who support Romney are overwhelmingly white.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:49 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,851 times
Quote:
They don't need to. Those who support Romney are overwhelmingly white.
The overwhelmingly majority of blacks support Obama, so what really is the difference?

The only reason Obama started this group is because blacks aren't as energetic about supporting him this time around - so this is just to get them to come out and vote in 2012.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
The overwhelmingly majority of blacks support Obama, so what really is the difference?

The only reason Obama started this group is because blacks aren't as energetic about supporting him this time around - so this is just to get them to come out and vote in 2012.
Considering that blacks are less than 15 percent of the population, it would make sense that considering Obama is the President, there were lots of whites who voted for him as well.

I highly doubt that you will find even one percent of Romney voters this time around are black, or that even five percent of black voters voted for him.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:22 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Nice quick change edit punkin....if it makes you feel better, I made my point perfectly and I will shut up.
Good day
I held back from calling you what I really meant.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:31 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,851 times
Quote:
Considering that blacks are less than 15 percent of the population, it would make sense that considering Obama is the President, there were lots of whites who voted for him as well.

I highly doubt that you will find even one percent of Romney voters this time around are black, or that even five percent of black voters voted for him.
Right, but you said there shouldn't be a whites for Romeny group because it's a foregone conclusion - likewise it's a foregone conclusion that blacks are going to overwhelmingly support Obama.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:18 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't believe that the majority of heterosexual white men think of themselves as persecuted victims, but it's clear that some do. Perhaps those who believe they are discriminated against can explain why they feel this way.
I don't believe straight white guys feel they are persecuted victims at all. Certainly none of the guys I've known ever felt that way, anyway. It's just not in our basic nature to view ourselves as so weak and vulnerable ... with the possible exception being the more modern, emasculated types that seem to be increasing in numbers these days.

But .. what many do have heartburn with is the hypocrisy and double standards being applied which claim that it is impossible for straight white guys to be victims of discrimination and racism simply because we are straight white guys. The obvious implication being that only straight white guys can be racists or discriminatory.

We're actually getting sick and tired of the mass of whiners of all races, creeds, gender, and sexual orientation who think we possess the time, energy, desire and wherewithal to persecute the entirety of humankind which are not straight white males like us. We know we are powerful, and strong, and resourceful ... but to place all of humanity under our thumbs? Me thinks not.

There are a lot of misnomers, and false perceptions that people embrace ... one of which is this preeminence and far reaching dominance of straight white guys .... not true in China (who have 1/4 of the Earth's population) ... not Japan ... not the Middle East ... not Africa .... not the Caribbean Islands ... and many other places that are dominated by NON-SWG.

Forgive us if we find it preposterous that women are classified as a minority when in fact they actually enjoy a slight majority status ... again, even the law of mathematics is suspended when it comes to the list of victims being persecuted by straight white guys.

The number of people brainwashed into accepting this victimized and persecuted status is astounding, and only exceeded by the even greater number of individual organizations of these victim groups divided by race, gender, and sexual orientation, and every conceivable sub division among each demographic .... the "Black Mayor's Council" ... the Association of Black Police Chiefs" .. Architects, Engineers .... even Television Stations! If a black person does it, there is an organization named Association of Black (fill-in-the-blank). If a straight white guy were to even try that nonsense ... the blood curdling screams of racism would be deafening.

And I'm not singling out black people ... the same holds true for Hispanics ... like the group "La Raza" which translated means "The Race". Their motto? "For the race, everything, for those outside the race, nothing". I don't think you could get more clear than that!

So yes ... we reject this "victim" status as a fraud, and certainly don't embrace it for ourselves either.

Everyone gets "discriminated" against ... and no one can say they don't discriminate. It used to be accepted as natural (which it is) ... and often referring to good taste or intelligence .... "Joe has very discriminating tastes when it comes to well made suits". It's simply the exercise of preference ... and people embrace that which they find most in common with.

Try applying for a job at a Chinese restaurant as a straight white guy ... or any other group who is not Chinese. Most workers you'll find will be Chinese, and if there were a SWG and a Chinese guy applying for an opening ... who do you think would receive the preference? And what about that convention of doctors who will most likely divide up .... Cardiologists in one corner .... Oncologists in another? Do the Cardiologists hate all the other doctors or are they just gathering based on that which they find most in common with each other?

Racism, which too many people confuse with discrimination or preference is the objectionable act of hating someone for no other reason than their race, and it's easy to tell who they are because they tell you pretty clearly with the organizations and associations they belong to based solely on race.

Just like that old saying that the only people who think more about money than rich people, are the poor people .... the ones who think and talk most about race and discrimination are indeed the true racists and ones most quick to discriminate.

So no ... we don't fall for being perpetual victims .... we're just sick of those who constantly do.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
i think cops, mostly white, get alota discrimination. saw a great post and video on CDF yesterday about cops being singled out for impossible job expectations. if they wait till the bad guy shoots or stabs them --- they are guna get killed and so will bystanders. but the law says they gota wait and "assess" the situation b4 they shoot.
1st one to shoot always wins.

here u go.
Police Officer Involved Shootings

Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:

Maybe Samuel L Jackson will surprise everyone next election by saying he voted for Romney because he was white?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies