Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,231,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
More unquantifiable anecdotes.

I have to go to bed now, I have WORK tomorrow. Good debating with y'all. I look forward to (but don't expect) some more intelligent discussion tomorrow. God bless and good night.

Peace out!
Go to bed and reflect on how hard and aweful it is to be a white male in the United States of America...or ANYWHERE in the world for that matter! Don't let the bed bugs bite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Oh please, are you freaking serious? This thread is dumb and has NO LOGIC. White men suffer more discrimination? Are you kidding me??????

If you believe that...you have/suffer from one of or a combination of the following:

1. Very low IQ
2. Slept during US History classes in H.S. and College
3. Never took Sociology in college, therefore you must be a college drop-out
4. Are blind and deaf
5. Live under a rock
6. Think fantasy is reality
7. Burned out from all the LSD you did in your past
8. Suffer from delusions
9. A white male who amounted to nothing and now wants to blame minorities for your own short-comings in life
10. Have no common sense

What an incredibly callous statement.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What an incredibly callous statement.
Callous..oh please, give me a effin break!

Any white male who expects pity and cries discrimination is INSANE.
Straight up and to the point.

Callous is the real history of discrimination of blacks in this country by whites. And for whites to try to reverse that is callous!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Well, let's see...Obama has started a "blacks for Obama" or some such thing, recently! I heard this on national, hourly radio news last week.

White men don't DARE start a "whites for Romney."

Blacks were once treated horribly. Blacks have caucuses, clubs, and many things that are named "for blacks."

Enough already and yes, the shoe is on the other foot. White men are indeed not allowed some of the things that blacks are.

Let's keep it real, and you bet there's discrimination on all races, now.

Are whites suffering this the worst? Hmm....we have racists in the White House, with Eric Holder and some of the democrats in hearings doing their bidding for spending stimulus money in blatantly racist manners....I'd say, not yet but it's getting there.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,774 times
Quote:
Callous..oh please, give me a effin break!

Any white male who expects pity and cries discrimination is INSANE.
Straight up and to the point.

Callous is the real history of discrimination of blacks in this country by whites. And for whites to try to reverse that is callous!
Man rule #1

Real men dont cry discrimination, just whiney wannabees do...they are not men...they are cowards.

Man rule#2

If your a man, be one and shut up.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:30 PM

[quote=JohnPaul;23292889]Man rule #1

Real men dont cry discrimination, just whiney wannabees do...they are not men...they are cowards.

Man rule#2

If your a man, be one and shut up.[/QUOTE

Lay off the needle.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Lay off the needle.
Nice response, you proved my point & know I am right...Thank you.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Nice response, you proved my point & know I am right...Thank you.
This is when the Ignore feature comes in handy.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
If you have nothing to contribute to the subject other than insults, be quiet.
Nice quick change edit punkin....if it makes you feel better, I made my point perfectly and I will shut up.
Good day

Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
What have Whites done? Created this entire civilization, created the technology you are using to chat on this message board, watch TV, travel in planes and cars, etc.

And yes, I consider myself White.

My grandfather worked on the Univac at UPenn in the 50's and created a software company in the 80's. He contributed greatly to the "Internet age". Personally, I am in college, majoring in finance at a private university. Reaping the rewards of my people's hard work and genetics.

What have you done brotha?
Like I said collectivism is the worst.

I didn't ask what a few whites have achieved that all of us are able to take advantage of. I asked what you have done.

You are in college majoring in finance. Congratulations. At a private institution. lol. Let me know when you graduate. After that work in the field for a little bit, start a business, get a patent or two. Then we will talk my young one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies