Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 12:34 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'm reminded of another thread; a lament over how the media portray men as childish idiots forever trying to scam their way out of responsibility. I guess this thread just puts a spotlight on the same peter pan crap. Thing is those lamenting truly believe media imposed it on them shaping culture. I believe that far less now than I ever did.
You can think whatever you want about me, here is a little actuality about me.

I'm a single father, who raises his son almost alone, and stood up and took responsibility of my son, because I didn't expect/want anyone else taking care of my kid.

You can think I'm trying to wriggle my way out of responsibility all you want, I really don't give a rats ass what you think of me personally.

However, saying that I'm trying to be Peter Pan couldn't be further from the truth.

I simply see this logically. Women get a choice, they can put their child up for adoption, or they can get an abortion. We men don't get that choice, even if we want nothing to do with the child, we have to pay child support.

Now, before you go making gross irrational guesses on who I am, and what I represent, maybe you should look at your position a little more critically. I don't want any mother or father to give up their child. I support womens right to choose, but I wish they didn't have to. I wish birth control was made readily accessible for anyone who wants it, without going to the doctor, or their parents permission. But, in the world we live in, where women get the final choice, and men get no choice, I want equal rights for me, my son, and every other man in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,778,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Yeah, I am one of those who believes that the television media portrays men as bumbling idiots. Fortunately internet media gives everyday men the voice and outlet to express their concerns as a counter measure to the imbecilic television media. Here's whats funny to me: men who advocate a legal way for prospective fathers to absolve themselves of responsibility are engaging in peter pan crap, while women who advocate a legal way for expecting mothers to absolve themselves of responsibility through abortion rights are engaging in "activism"...peter pan activism, but activism nonetheless...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

I'm a single father, who raises his son almost alone, and stood up and took responsibility of my son, because I didn't expect/want anyone else taking care of my kid.

You can think I'm trying to wriggle my way out of responsibility all you want, I really don't give a rats ass what you think of me personally.

However, saying that I'm trying to be Peter Pan couldn't be further from the truth.

I simply see this logically. Women get a choice, they can put their child up for adoption, or they can get an abortion. We men don't get that choice, even if we want nothing to do with the child, we have to pay child support.

Now, before you go making gross irrational guesses on who I am, and what I represent, maybe you should look at your position a little more critically. I don't want any mother or father to give up their child. I support womens right to choose, but I wish they didn't have to. I wish birth control was made readily accessible for anyone who wants it, without going to the doctor, or their parents permission. But, in the world we live in, where women get the final choice, and men get no choice, I want equal rights for me, my son, and every other man in this country.
I may as well address this to both of you. Tkram is a forgone conclusion- a candidate for sterilization by virtue of lacking reverence for life, incapable of taking any relationship seriously enough to commit, and children come dead last in his considerations (literally). Do I doubt there are women of same ilk? Not at all. Addicts & prostitutes for example, but lets get away from extremes.

Memphis I guess we're all supposed to take you as some kind of a hero by your own self description, but in the context of this thread, I find it bizarre that you could carry on the contemptuous attitude towards single mothers. The difference between her and yourself is not just the sheer volume of social grief, but a persistent economic one that has no basis in meritocracy... Gender Wage Gap -- Male-Female Pay Difference. Easy enough to brag about taking the high road when there was barely an incline to contend.

The sentiments expressed by yourself and solyt betray something other than noble. I would ordinarily be applauding a man taking fatherhood seriously but your version requires a pissing contest in a zero sum game where your own kid loses. I reiterate the post way back yonder. Honor thy mother was just as important as honor they father. Being willfully oblivious to the reality of motherhood isn't getting you anywhere but stuck on stupid, and acting out petty competitions is yet another indicator of immaturity disqualifying from parenthood. No, it shouldn't matter what I think about you personally. It should matter that you're walking your own talk and telling the truth, however. Your own sons relationships with women for the better part of his life are on the line. Who won and who lost in that hollow victory?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:03 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I may as well address this to both of you. Tkram is a forgone conclusion- a candidate for sterilization by virtue of lacking reverence for life, incapable of taking any relationship seriously enough to commit, and children come dead last in his considerations (literally). Do I doubt there are women of same ilk? Not at all. Addicts & prostitutes for example, but lets get away from extremes.

Memphis I guess we're all supposed to take you as some kind of a hero by your own self description, but in the context of this thread, I find it bizarre that you could carry on the contemptuous attitude towards single mothers. The difference between her and yourself is not just the sheer volume of social grief, but a persistent economic one that has no basis in meritocracy... Gender Wage Gap -- Male-Female Pay Difference. Easy enough to brag about taking the high road when there was barely an incline to contend.

The sentiments expressed by yourself and solyt betray something other than noble. I would ordinarily be applauding a man taking fatherhood seriously but your version requires a pissing contest in a zero sum game where your own kid loses. I reiterate the post way back yonder. Honor thy mother was just as important as honor they father. Being willfully oblivious to the reality of motherhood isn't getting you anywhere but stuck on stupid, and acting out petty competitions is yet another indicator of immaturity disqualifying from parenthood. No, it shouldn't matter what I think about you personally. It should matter that you're walking your own talk and telling the truth, however. Your own sons relationships with women for the better part of his life are on the line. Who won and who lost in that hollow victory?
I wouldnt call equal rights advocacy a "pissing contest" in its modern definition...however, if that IS what it is to be considered, it shouldve been considered that back when the first drop was leaked from abortion activists. That couldve saved us all from being urine soaked. And quoting bible verses to justify the initiation of the pissing contest by abortion activists/"women's rights" advocates, doesnt absolve the abortion activists of their responsibility for initiating the pissing contest. But, I say whats good for the goose is good for the gander...If being in a pissing contest wasnt an attempt to avoid responsibility when abortion advocates were doing it, then it certainly isnt now that fathers demand equal rights to control their body after a child is conceived.

Besides, what do you think the "fight" for equal rights is? Its nothing more than a glorified pissing contest in the end...As that other poster Nutz used to say: 'you cant give anyone equality. Either someone is equal or they are not, and if they are, they wont need you to grant them equality'..but since we are doling out equality, we might as well extend it to everyone; including fathers.

I applaud Memphis for his willingness to be the man that young males need in their lives.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:28 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I wholeheartedly agree that women should have the right to legally have abortions. My position has never dealt with a woman's abortion rights one way or the other...IMO, its her body, her choice...I only submit that likewise, what a man does with his body is his choice as well. If he doesnt want to use his body to earn money to support his offspring, he should legally have the option to abort his responsibility to his offspring as well.
What kind of analogy is that? If a man does not want to use his body to earn money to support his offspring he should have kept his pants up in the first place.

I'm guessing men are heartless. How can someone know that they have a child but abort any responisibilities to them? Everyone should know by now if they have sex there is a possibilty of pregnancy or std. Than everyone acts surprised if either one happens. Well its too late,too bad.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:23 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
There are women committed to being childfree.
http://www.puzzele.com/datingsite/index.php?page=login&returnto=&get_params=a:1:{s:9 :%22sectionid%22;s:1:%221%22;}

The women here generally say that they would have an abortion, and dump any man that decided that he DID want kids.

That does not make them "low class" as presumed in an earlier post.

Last edited by TKramar; 05-05-2010 at 01:33 AM..

Old 05-05-2010, 01:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
if you are a rich white boy you will be blamed trust me.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:34 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Why do we always act like it's some big deal when a guy does what's supposed to be his freakin' job?

Look, honey, I did the dishes!

Oh, he can cook! Wow!

He's babysitting his children!

Makes me sick.

On the other hand, barring rape, women know they are the ones who can get pregnant with no guarantee of help from a male, so it behooves them to make better choices.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:47 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
^That's NOT his job though--it's hers.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:02 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^That's NOT his job though--it's hers.
Yeah, in your sad and twisted world.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:02 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
On these boards I see a recurring theme:single moms are trash or this or that. Not a single person ever acknowledge the dads role in making the mom a single mom In the first place. Let me get this straight.. if 70% of black children are born out of wedlock the mom gets called hoodrat and what not but not a single word for the dads. Do you guys believe its all on the woman or girl if she gets pregnant., why? By placing it on the womans fault for getting pregnant does that mean a woman is smarter? Could not a man use condoms?

One interesting thing I read about is almost 80 percent of single moms get pregnant by men older than 18. These men should be in jail. But no one says anything about those scumbags.
the left will say single moms fault for not killing their kid before birth
the right will say because she had sex.
Both sides will not see the father to be involved except his sperm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies