Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 12:54 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
"single moms" get lumped together. Many of them do receive child support or other support from the father. And many of them are over 18 as well.
Some single Moms are that way because husband died. Not all single moms are crack whores
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 01:05 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Reason is that many of the mamas dont even know who the daddy is. And besides if they charge him with being the one to pay the bills she cant get the free welfare. All she will have is a worthless judgement against the daddy who wont pay up and may even be in jail. Basdardy is a crime and the mama should be arrested.......................but then she will cry "I got to take care of my baby" as she applies for FREE welfare. If a woman has a baby out of legal wedlock she should be sterilized.period and the daddy if they catch him should be castrated.....
Get back in your time machine and head back to your medieval jousting session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I place the blame on single mothers because females choose males to mate with...men do not, and cannot afford to be as selective when choosing mating partners. Furthermore, single mothers have ALWAYS gone unaddressed, if not entirely placed on a pedestal, while absentee fathers and deadbeat dads have rightfully always been heavily scrutinized AND legally punished. IMO, I simply impute an equal amount of blame on single mothers for failing at their duty of selecting the strongest males to mate with to strengthen the species..
You too.

After reading these first two responses I decided to give my account of growing up with a single Mother.

You fools that generalize are just that... fools. There are so many variables in life you cannot possibly find justification in generalization. Peoples upbringing have a lot to do with the partners they choose. Not everyone has parents that are NOT crazy. You can't choose your parents. So glad to know you two have been so perfect in the decisions you've made in your lives. As though you've never made a bad decision ever. There are those who deserve to be scrutinized over but your generalization is disgusting.

After my father re-entered our lives, when I was nine, because of me asking about him, I was sorry I ever asked. So was my Mother. She was still reeling from the seventh-day adventist jerk she had married a few years earlier. Thinking anything would be better than that, she reluctantly re-married my biological father. Divorced, not long after. My father made our lives a living hell. A lying, womanizing, freeloading loser that never paid a dime in child support. He always blamed my Mother for his shortcomings instead of taking responsibility for his own stupid mistakes. I am so very fortunate that my Mother raised me, even though many of the emotional aspects were lacking, it was much better than the alternative. My Mom's parents were NUTS, and we all know you can't choose your parents. Good decisions begin with good parenting. If she'd had that, she probably would've chosen a better partner and wouldn't have spent so many years speaking with a counselor.

Also, the only thing my Mother had assistance with was Sec. 8 rent. The rest she paid for on her own. Placed me in Kinder Care, put me through school, clothed me, fed me, etc. with her own income. I've always said, after meeting my "real" father, "My Mother taught me how to be, my father taught me how not to be".

I, with absolutely no remorse, have not seen or spoken with the male that contributed to my conception in about twenty-three years.

All you who think wedlock keeps people faithful, or families decent, are living in a dream world.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:12 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,393,947 times
Quote:
I actually have no problem with women choosing bad men/thugs etc. Thats actually an evolved instinct for them that is something they are constantly wrestling against...so I dont hold that against women...the only thing I actually have a problem with is when women turn around and COMPLAIN about the results of their poor choices in men, and pretend as though they are victims...The original poster was a prime example of this phenomenon. Its as predictable as clockwork these days.
Yeah and a lot of the ones who are out here complaining the most are the ones around here being trifling, goldiggers sleeping around with every other dude, got multiple kids but out at the club every weekend and never spending time with them, talking to dudes with no jobs or goals and wondering why they cant find a guy that does them right. I see it on facebook statuses all the time women complaining about men won't do right but not even sure who the father of their baby is. Every situation is different but I know a lot of people that fit those descriptions. I'm sure there are a lot of women out here who are good and just made mistakes in judgment or found out the guy wasn't really who he made out to be. I'm not addressing those type of women just the trifling ones that complain without taking a look in the mirror at themselves.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:38 PM

150 posts, read 457,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So there are women who never asked men for sex?I've done it all the time.
I was raised in an ultra feminist household where my mom would say"do anyone you want. If men could do it,why can't a women?
With all due respect; with that mindset do you really think your going to attract a man who is family material? A man who is looking to have children and a long lasting realationship with ya?! Doing "anyone you want" has irresponsibility written all over it.

Not all men do what your mother has taught you.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:12 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,978,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teepolo View Post
With all due respect; with that mindset do you really think your going to attract a man who is family material? A man who is looking to have children and a long lasting realationship with ya?! Doing "anyone you want" has irresponsibility written all over it.

Not all men do what your mother has taught you.
I was going to say the same thing...considering her mentality (according to her) SURELY she cant be surprised that she attracted a loser...she, and her type are the prime target for losers nationwide for several reasons, but I will only list a couple.... 1) she believes that she doesnt need a man...Losers LOVE nothing more than "independent" women...it lets them know that she will have the resources to take care of him, while asking little in return other than sex... - any lowlife who sees this mentality automatically knows he has stumbled upon a treasure trove of freeloading, free-f*cking and commitment free sex. (which according to her posts, is exactly what her husband did...if this is what she seeks, then thats absolutely fine, but there is no point in complaining about men when she finds it)....

2) She believes that women have every right to be as sexually promiscuous as men - this is yet another free-f*ck coupon for lowlife men...he now knows that if she as a woman doesnt feel the need for a monogamous relationship in order for sex to occur, then he only needs to whisper a few sweet nothings in her ear to accomplish his mission without truly investing anything into a longterm relationship with her. After that, its on to the next one for him...her thinking he's a loser, or a sorry excuse for a husband/partner is irrelevant to him at this point, his objective has been reached.

Like I said, I have no problem if this is the type of man she is attracted to...Or if this is the type of man that she attracts...I just dont advocate complaining about it.

What women dont seem to realize is that: You'll never actually obtain a decent man, if you truly believe you dont need a man. You'll never be able to hold men to any standards unless you acknowledge that you need an actual man (real man); particularly if you ever decide to have children. Thats like a person believing that they dont need a job, and then complaining that the only job they can get is working at Taco Bell. Why be upset if you dont need a job anyway? Your standards for a having job were never there to begin with.

Last edited by solytaire; 05-05-2010 at 04:29 PM..

Old 05-05-2010, 03:23 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah, in your sad and twisted world.

You've never heard of "gender roles"? They exist for a good reason.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Feminism seems to have evolved from women "being all they can be" to women as the "victims of men". The OP being a prime example of the phenomenon.
Sort of like "back to Square One".

Women just don't seem to realize that men (the good ones, anyway) actually want the woman they pair up with long term to be one they can respect and trust. And sleeping around promiscuously isn't one of the things they look for in that woman.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:48 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
On these boards I see a recurring theme:single moms are trash or this or that. Not a single person ever acknowledge the dads role in making the mom a single mom In the first place. Let me get this straight.. if 70% of black children are born out of wedlock the mom gets called hoodrat and what not but not a single word for the dads. Do you guys believe its all on the woman or girl if she gets pregnant., why? By placing it on the womans fault for getting pregnant does that mean a woman is smarter? Could not a man use condoms?

One interesting thing I read about is almost 80 percent of single moms get pregnant by men older than 18. These men should be in jail. But no one says anything about those scumbags.
It's all a spoke on the wheel of fear: Racism, misogyny, etc...these people hate everybody they can't relate to or are intimidated by. Which basically happens to be anybody who is not a white male.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:47 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
I wouldnt call equal rights advocacy a "pissing contest" in its modern definition...however, if that IS what it is to be considered...
Utter gibberish. You're hostile to women and could give a rats behind about fatherhood. It's about power trips. Don't have sex with anyone you wouldn't be willing to marry, and abortions would be a non issue in your personal life. This thread isn't about abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
the left will say single moms fault for not killing their kid before birth
the right will say because she had sex.
Both sides will not see the father to be involved except his sperm
Add more to that. She's also a gold digger if she gets married, and a prostitute if she decides marriage to an unsuitable partner is a bad idea.
That would be how I know these people are completely full of bull. It's not possible for a woman to be right about anything under any circumstance.

Quote:
how "heartless" men are when they want to exercise control over their own bodies after conception
You lost control of your body the moment you ejaculated without a condom. 'Your body' isn't involved from that point forward. Women who opt for abortion are expressing a profound lack of faith in their partner and in our civilization. I see no evidence in word or deed that would lead me to believe you'd be a good father.

Quote:
But in a culture that tells women that men are only an afterthought, if not that they dont need men entirely, they are allowed to live under the illusion that they actually do not need men...
Childish vindictive attitudes makes you an afterthought. Good fathers and husbands are wanted and needed. What's passing for manhood these days isn't. You won't be coaxed, you'll simply be left behind. Single Mothers By Choice -- Pictures (http://singlemothersbychoice.com/pictures.html - broken link) FuturePundit: More Single Women Using Sperm Donors

Quote:
What women dont seem to realize is that: You'll never actually obtain a decent man, if you truly believe you dont need a man. You'll never be able to hold men to any standards unless you acknowledge that you need an actual man (real man); particularly if you ever decide to have children.
What YOU don't seem to realize is that
1. Human beings are not 'obtained'. A marriage contract is not ownership.
2. "Need a man"; Codependent agreements for the sake of stroking egos but leaving the other helpless is not healthy for anyone.
3. Held to a standard= "I want my mommy syndrome". Any partner requiring supervision (why does culture infantilize you? ) or adding to the burden of their partner needlessly (school marm, AKA battle-ax) lacks self discipline, is unqualified to be a partner, and a mentally unfit parent. Kids can't grow up unless their parents grow up.
4. Women can and have done it alone for centuries. Who held down the fort during war times? How many widows and orphans? The smart ones will continue to do so unless a fit partner and parent presents himself.
5. Juvenile pot shots at women because you fear a loss of power or esteem... don't act like a creep and you won't be treated as one. Any actual loss of power you're experiencing was never yours to begin with, and whatever esteem you came up short-- women aren't willing to artificially prop you up anymore. Put your pants on and grow up or get out.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:27 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Not all women want to be mothers. Not all men want to be fathers.

Let's try to remember that. I'm clear and upfront about it, personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies