Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 06:01 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcallis View Post
I agree with you!! Men & Women both have a 100% control of themselves (unless rape). So, no one of them can blame the other for a pregnancy nor an abortion.
Unless, of course, alcohol is involved in which case, the hormones take over and sense goes straight out of the window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 06:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Listen,I make six figures,work two jobs and hold my own,so no one but me(not society) is taking care of me and mine. I'm telling you that's how iwas raised,in a ultra feminist household. I just don't want my aughters to grow up getting hurt by some guy who would steal her heart just to get laid.btw,the days of women being thought of as not having sexual feelings and urges are over,welcome to the 21st century. Women are increasingly becoming aware of their own sexuality and taking charge of it. I didn't mention unsafe sex,just that if they feel the urge,do it,and don't feel guilty for making yourself feel good.besides men do it all the time,why not women?
Being married is moral by whose standards anyway? You can't push your morals on other people.

If you read my post you'd know I'm in an unstable relationship. Ever hear the expresion
"I can do bad all by myself"
So what you are basically saying is that because you grew up in a f@cked up household you are determined to continue that pattern with your own children???...doesn't that seem crazy even to you??

Because you don't want your daughters to get hurt in a heterosexual relationship you push homosexuality on them as the answer to never experiencing domestic arguments and conflicts???...this makes sense to you???

Ok so you make six figures...money trumps being physically present in your home teaching your children and rearing them???..You work two jobs??...who are raising these offspring of yours???..nobody it seems, and we all have seen the tragic result of children raising themselves without benefit of a stable base and home training.

Whoever suggested that women did not have a sex drive???...stating nonsense will not strengthen your argument!!

A woman is free to sleep with whomever she wishes, see is just as free as a man to contract HIV, gonorrhea,herpes,chlamydia,syphilis,genital warts, and various other std's.

Her chance of contracting one or more of these diseases increase almost exponentially with each new sex partner she engages with, do you teach her this??

Does she know that the more sex partners she has increases her chances of suffering from cervical cancer??..just because she gets horny doesn't mean has to go into heat with numerous partners and just because some men can be whores why teach your daughters that it's ok to be the same??

Being married to a mature, sane , responsible husband shows your daughters the boundaries, behaviors, conduct and rules that adults act by in adult relationships; it teaches young biys how to treat their wives and the importance of taking care of their families.

People who never had this and being ignorant of it can easily dismiss it for themselves and their children and they never know how much they and their children have been cheated and are cheating society as they enter it as potential mates.

I have heard of the expression, "I can do bad all by myself"; have you ever heard of the expression, "I will make life better for my children than it was for me"!!

Old 05-02-2010, 06:26 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Maybe the mods should have moved this thresd to relationship forum but the reason its on. This one is because evry single day there is someone mentioning single moms in a negative way,like if every single mom on welfare problems would go away if she married the loser she got pregnant by and the double standards because I never see deadbeat dads talked as much on these threads. I'm beginning to think cd is a conservative. Site.
Your views on men and relationships appear extreme to me whichever side of the political spectrum you inhabit.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:36 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
Quote:
I think I'm going to tell my daughters to date women only,so they won't have to deal with male pigs and monsters

That would be a mistake because then your daughter would always have a finger pointed at her for everything she does wrong in the relationship...to be honest...i don't recall ever dating a girl or being in a relationship with a girl who said, "I was wrong....I apologize for what I did to you"

Old 05-02-2010, 10:33 PM

42 posts, read 79,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
This is also why I hold single mothers accountable for being irresponsible...there is an entire spectrum of options for irresponsible women, meaning that there is recourse for a woman who has acted irresponsibly. (abortion, adoption, morning after pill, etc.)....men simply dont have recourse after their irresponsible behavior the way women are afforded by society.

Consequently, when a woman irresponsibly decides to have sex (as does the man), but then decides to keep the child, she assumes the responsibility for her choice to be a single mother - which stemmed not only from her decision to sleep with another irresponsible partner unprotected, but to also keep the child AFTER conception.
I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly though it's not politically correct. I'm glad that a few people have the testicular fortitude to say it. I am very critically judgmental on this issue and far too many women get a pass and are treated as though they are incompetent little children incapable of rational thought, judgement or responsibility.

I will teach my daughter, when I do have one that it is 100% her responsibility and hers ALONE to ensure that she does not have an unwanted pregnancy. I will teach her that it is NOT the guy's responsibility AT ALL.

On the other hand I do and have taught my son, who is now 19 and doing well with his life that although it is a woman's exclusive responsibility that many girls and women are simply not responsible. I also have taught him that a real man and a responsible man will be responsible regardless of fault because children are innocent and deserve better. You owe an irresponsible woman nothing but you owe an innocent child everything.

My life is a perfect example for my son to emulate because this same son whom I claim is actually NOT my biological son at all and he knows it now. He is the product of an irresponsible mother having irresponsible sex. (I insisted on responsible sex with her).

He is only my son because seeing the bleak future of yet another fatherless child from a mother who's entire family was chronically dysfunctional, no exceptions, I decided to step up and made a decision to raise this child as I my own ever before I knew what it's gender would be. As a single man I raised him from birth. THAT qualifies me to criticize whom I will on this matter because few would do what I've done. In fact I had him taken from his birth mother, he was placed with relatives and she lost all parental rights. In spite of the fact that I raised another man's child from birth and financed his existence voluntarily I still say, the responsibility of preventing unwanted pregnancy rests 100% with the woman.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:53 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Buthe queation remains:what makes people think single moms can't do a good job raising children? Also,what makes people think just because someone is married that the will make a better parent? As I said,a child could be raised by two married bums,or a responsible single mom. Which child would have a better outcome?

I know children being raised by married drug addicts and a single mom making 6 figures and actively involved with her children. I have a feeling that if I put that as a poll question most would put the drug addicts would be better parents simply because they are married.

If I did have sons(I'm so lucky not to have any)how is them watching a bum of a man do nothing vs not seeing him there?what would be the difference?
Im not going to look up statistics because I can look in the schools and local newspaper and since I know the people I can count how many one way or the other but you know that not every single parent house hold is bad and not every married couple has fine upsatnding citizens for kids but overall it is probably a huge gap. Plus you keep throwing up six figures but how many single moms make that,probably a very small percentage,if broken down by race probably even smaller than that. That arguement doesnt hold water on a big scale. I dont know that a lot of married couples in the south anyway make six figures. So your situation is very unique. The bottom line is if the Father and Mother are both present children are better off for it.

It sounds to me that your husband takes care of the house,is this correct? If so what is so negative about that to you? You said you were a type A(in so many words)female so you should be happy. If you need a man who makes more money many than you and can dominate you be prepared for what that brings.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:59 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
As I written my house isn't stable,my husband doesn't work.
I said this in my other post to you but anyway,if you make the six figures whats the big deal. Does he take care of after school and errands and such? If so thats a big helping hand over being single

Old 05-03-2010, 08:23 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times
Six figures means nothing...its great from the standpoint of a person who wants to boast about making six figures, but aside from that - time becomes money anyway. The time that a single parent will be required to spend away from their kids just to make six figures, would have been of much greater value, had they spent it with their children, than the six figure income itself. That is time that in an otherwise two parent household, one partner would be able to engage children as the other one makes their six figure income.

Why do you think that when men were the providers, they never bragged about making their money?...because they knew that the time that their wives spent with their children in their absence, despite not earning an income, was every bit as valuable and irreplaceable as the income those men made as providers.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:38 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Unless the women was divorced, widowed or her husband cheated and ran out on her (which happened to someone I know), I have very little sympathy for single mothers. And certainly not for the culture of single motherhood that seems to be booming these days...

Old 05-03-2010, 10:44 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
On these boards I see a recurring theme:single moms are trash or this or that. Not a single person ever acknowledge the dads role in making the mom a single mom In the first place. Let me get this straight.. if 70% of black children are born out of wedlock the mom gets called hoodrat and what not but not a single word for the dads. Do you guys believe its all on the woman or girl if she gets pregnant., why? By placing it on the womans fault for getting pregnant does that mean a woman is smarter? Could not a man use condoms?

One interesting thing I read about is almost 80 percent of single moms get pregnant by men older than 18. These men should be in jail. But no one says anything about those scumbags.
Either way, it's the woman who runs the risk, and the woman who has the final choice about getting an abortion. The man could request that she gets one, but he cannot FORCE her to. She could choose to go ahead and deliver the child, regardless of his wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies