Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:56 PM

604 posts, read 751,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
What's happening in Greece is exactly where we're headed.

We need to restart the system, political, AND financial, worldwide...

OR get rid of money, and end greed, and just create a world without currency....

This is the problem that any national leader faces within his state. He has to take some positions nationally that probably do hurt him back in Nevada, and he has to be more outspoken.
Eric Herzik quotes

Politicians are ONLY working to get re-elected,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,795,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
What's happening in Greece is exactly where we're headed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes but at least we aren't on the euro. No one seems to care because it's too much out of everyone's control. We just sit and watch for that reason. How can we care? What could be done now?

The caring should have been 10-20 years ago, too late now.
Everyone seems so surprised and/or shocked at this. Not I. I saw this coming in '04.

What's even worse... I was watching the news tonight, and something reminded me of a guy I worked with, in late '97, that commented we were in for one hell of a recession/depression. And as I recall, also stated it would last several years. I was 27. Should have paid attention. Bet he prepared for this crap.

We all best start learning to live off the land.
I'm scoping a spot already.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,535,272 times
Americans should prepare for the worse and hope for the best. The red flags have been waving at us.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:56 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,797,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
We need to restart the system, political, AND financial, worldwide...

OR get rid of money, and end greed, and just create a world without currency....

This is the problem that any national leader faces within his state. He has to take some positions nationally that probably do hurt him back in Nevada, and he has to be more outspoken.
Eric Herzik quotes

Politicians are ONLY working to get re-elected,

Get rid of the fed and the rest of the offshore banking cartels

Old 05-07-2010, 12:32 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,152,539 times
It think it is big bull SKYKA..<I cant say what this is but I can give you a clue that its doesnt smell good..lol

Old 05-07-2010, 01:16 AM

20,366 posts, read 19,980,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
It's racism!

......Unbook that cruise to Lesbos!
Did somebody say "lesbians"? Wooot!!!!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:27 AM

23,270 posts, read 29,128,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Americans should prepare for the worse and hope for the best. The red flags have been waving at us.
That's not the American way! Americans gobble down lies like M & M's.

Americans have crossed their fingers for so long, you can't pry those fingers apart anymore, middle and pointer fingers are now welded together with Super Glue. Always hoping for the best with no preparations for the worst.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:37 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,811,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes but at least we aren't on the euro. No one seems to care because it's too much out of everyone's control. We just sit and watch for that reason. How can we care? What could be done now?

The caring should have been 10-20 years ago, too late now.
It would've been a whole lot easier. OTOH Greece seems to have a higher percentage of the population relying on the government than the US does, so maybe the protests won't be quite so much.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:56 PM

604 posts, read 751,962 times
Is that so?
47% of Americans DONT pay taxes, and our Welfare system is in the dumps, like drowning in the crapper, its so bad... No summer school, and my state could only pay for 1 End of Course test for students in high school ( a blessing in disguise)

Old 05-07-2010, 04:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Get rid of the fed and the rest of the offshore banking cartels
That is not going to happen. The banksters ARE the government.
So better count on your "plan B" instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies