Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:05 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
See, now that's where you get yourself into trouble here kid.

...going to be? ooops too late.

but later on you claim that you don't know them, so what's the big deal then? But then one example is a friend's relative....

Oh right, they are soo dangerous because of their far reaching network of criminal behavior by folks you don't really know....

4 times as much really? that's fabulous for me! It's probably because I don't actually have a job and I sit on my arse eating bon bons all day while my 'friend' works and pays all the bills, but not the taxes of course, never the taxes.

Oh yes, and clearly this is your scientific study....

Oh yes, of course that was exactly the reason for their inception....

And thank god you're here to whine all about it for our benefit.

But what about the mailman's half brother's sister's cousin once removed by marriage?

To further illuminate: let me borrow your quote on this:

Have you met Jadex, Felix? If not you two should hook up, you even sound the same. If you ever do anything besides acting like a troll all day, you should venture to South Florida to find your soulmate on this one.. At least Jadex has some balls to report people who are "working" the system.

ding ding ding we have a winner folks!!!!!

But really the question is "Who gives a crap about it except you?"

oh wait, Jadex does, perhaps you should PM him/her....

Wow I sure did push your buttons. You took a half an hour to quote every little thing I wrote. That's a first for me! LOL I zoned out half way through..sorries!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 07:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
we're mocking the OP due to the blatant nosiness of this thread. The OP went from assuming something about a person they just met, and from the assumption, came to a conclusion, only to assume again. And Oh by the way during this conversation the person JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL. Its the most hilarious troll thread ever.

Now as far as the topic of controlling welfare fraud, these states need to curtail this problem. They know its out there, get off the duff and investigate.
I see.. This is what I get when I speed read or skim a post.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
we're mocking the OP due to the blatant nosiness of this thread. The OP went from assuming something about a person they just met, and from the assumption, came to a conclusion, only to assume again. And Oh by the way during this conversation the person JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL. Its the most hilarious troll thread ever..

Dude, what is your problem with misquoting me? I said " the father was in prison not too long ago" Not too long ago doesn't mean "just got out".

Where did I say I just met them? I said "I know of a couple families like this" and " I met a relative of a friend like this."

So I guess if someone doesn't give you an exact time, in your world it must have just happened.

You think you have something to say about me? Why don't you back it up with quote or is it your thing to re write a story?

I find it very ironic that a liar is calling me a troll.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I see.. This is what I get when I speed read or skim a post.

or when you assume BlackAndProud isn't talking from his ass revising whatever i say

Old 02-02-2018, 11:19 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Some people like myself, just see marriage as a ritual that doesn't really mean anything.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:42 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
This is what comes of outlier income inequality. Friends, just before the Great Depression we had less income inequality. But it became enough to topple the Economy into ruin. As of today America officially has the worst income inequality in its history. Worse than just before the Great Depression. It threatens everything all over again. It could all come down (again) because the wealthy... the job creators... they pass wealth directly to their own and they refuse to pay Americans fair wages, and/or don't hire Americans at all.

Why it matters: when Americans have what they need, they are pretty chill in the large part. When they don't. You get threads like this. Everyone who you don't know. Who you can't know. You get all wrought imagining what they are doing to get by. And it always involves criminal or sketchy behavior. Half the people ICE is dragging out of the country are turned in by Americans who just 10 years ago would not have given a flying fig that their co-worker spoke with an accent. Now they care. Care very much. Why? Because they are hurting themselves. Misery seeks company. Sad, but true.

During the Depression you could find police on your front steps if your neighbors didn't know who you were. They would make up all kinds of stories and eventually... ... those days are back. It isn't pretty is it? Nope. Ugly as sin. Instead of h8ting people working the system we really need to be fixing the system! It very much needs fixing.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:13 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
If you really think it is your business to know, then why don't you just ask them outright?
Actually, if the mother is a welfare recipient, it is my business.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Actually, if the mother is a welfare recipient, it is my business.
Really? How so?

Is it my business about every old person's health history since my taxes pay for their Medicare?

Old 02-02-2018, 05:19 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Some jealousy showing

Old 02-02-2018, 06:12 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I know of a couple families like this and I am wondering if they do this so that the woman can claim they are a single mother and collect welfare. I wouldn't ask them, but have suspicions that they know how to work the system to get free $$$. Like the father is living with the mother and child and contributing but just off the record, so they can have their cake and eat it too as far as collecting welfare and having the fathers income.

For example I met a relative of a friend like this. The mother doesn't work at all and is not married to the father. They have been together for years. I wonder where the money comes from for the nice cars, vacations, etc. The father works at a restaurant and is paid cash. So I am thinking that the mother pretends to be a single mother without any income from the father and gets section 8, food stamps and whatever else she can. So a lot of the food and housing is covered so that the fathers income can pay for the luxuries.
This happens a lot. To me, marital status should be irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies