Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 09:52 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,995,873 times

Advertisements

Let's face it..The real culprits here are the wacky left, inciting racial and ethnic flames...You know, the thing that keeps the leftist whackos occupied and employed.

I will say once again, that the real race/ethnic dividers are the left...This is their living, their existence...Harmony would destroy their existence.

And the self appointed Hispanic leaders (who really have very little support in the Hispanic community), are among the worst. Their lack of real political/social knowledge is the reason for their divisive actions.

All the "legal" populace here wants is a legal and fair solution that resolves this problem..And that is simply that...

Demonstrations like this works against that frame of mind, and makes the rest of us think "Maybe we're making a mistake with these people, and this is their ways...just like in their own countries - social disorder and riots"

They're shooting themselves in the foot..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,744,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure. That is what Krystal Nachen was all about. Just angry people "expressing" themselves.
Terrible comparison. Krystal Nachen involved vandalizing businesses - did it not? Private property was destroyed. The demonstration being discussed in this thread was an act. Nobody was hurt.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:54 PM

683 posts, read 430,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
They're angry, understandably. While it may not be admirable, they do have a right to express their anger, and as long as they're not breaking any laws, they are free to express themselves however they wish.
Your tune would change drastically if there weren't expressing themselves about something you disagreed with.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Your tune would change drastically if there weren't expressing themselves about something you disagreed with.
I think I can speak for myself, thank you very much. You've repeatedly made personal comments about me, and it needs to stop.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:59 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,911,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Bingo..I did say it would be defended.
And it shouldn't be. Right? Freedom of speech was always meant to be selective. Isn't that something you've always preached? I guess they have less rights as individuals than Anwar Al-Awlaki who you vehemently defended in the other thread. How exactly do you manage to decide when you do, and when you don't? Curious minds would like to know.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:01 PM

683 posts, read 430,470 times
Quote:
I think I can speak for myself, thank you very much. You've repeatedly made personal comments about me, and it needs to stop.
Pardon me but what on earth are you talking about? It's a pretty clear fact that if the subject were different and the topic happened to be something you supported you wouldn't be so supportive of these kids expressing their feelings through a show of violence.

Nobody is speaking for you, it's called a conversation hence the discussion forum we are on right now.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
these kids expressing their feelings through a show of violence.
It was an act. If it was a serious threat, then yes, it should be investigated, but freedom of expression is protected to a large extent in this country, and I fully support it, whether it's on the left or the right.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 PM

30,271 posts, read 18,832,439 times
Quote:
Terrible comparison. Krystal Nachen involved vandalizing businesses - did it not? Private property was destroyed. The demonstration being discussed in this thread was an act. Nobody was hurt.

Sure. Tell that to the cop killed by Mexicans a day after the passage of the bill.

What was all that about boycotting Arizona buisnesses? They might as well have "broken thier windows" and made it an official Krystal Nachen.

It is just a matter of time before the Hispanics turn violent. Will you support them then? I think that it will be too late. Liberalism is killing all of us. Unfortunately, we who know better are the recipients of its misguided "policy" as equally as those who implement its lunacy in a quest for "social justice".

It is just a matter of time before common sense prevails and the illegals are sent home, as they are bleeding the border states dry. These states have awakened and come to thier senses. Liberalism, in its ultimate quest for self anihilation, of course opposes the efforts of Arizona to preserve their economy and thier sovereignty. I would expect nothing less of fascists, who are eager to impose thier will on others.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
What was all that about boycotting Arizona buisnesses? They might as well have "broken thier windows" and made it an official Krystal Nachen.
Sure. Try having someone arrested for boycotting a business. To say that a boycott is the same as vandalizing someone's property is just ridiculous.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:36 PM

53,384 posts, read 35,054,205 times
Quote:
To support "La Raza" (how racist is that) is to aid and assist an element set to destroy our nation and culture.
oh, come on now.

how could a group that calls itself 'THE RACE' possibly be racist?

please reconsider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies