Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:47 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Apparently so.
I love lamp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 09:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Your both right. The laws work both ways. The way the laws are written and especially enforced today, the whiteman is more forced discriminated against, that any other race of citizens on US soil, today.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I'm white. I don't my take my freedoms for granted. That's why I fight policies when our Government tries to use force.

Please list the businesses you think will return to the days of racial discrimination.

Augusta?

Would the Miss Black America contest be one? They are always trying to keep the white man down by denying us a spot in the pageant.

American Idol? They have an age range limit don't they? I may have to stop watching it.

Sue them then.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:11 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,076,013 times
We've gone so far out of the way so as not to appear racist or discriminatory, affirmative action being a prime example. What has it accomplished except to instill an attitude in certain groups that they are "owed" simply because of their color or gender.

Businesses have suffered because of quotas that keep some of the most qualified candidates from being hired. Tests have been dumbed down and that's hurt everyone.

Privately owned businesses should have the right to hire anyone they choose. If they feel that one group or another isn't for them for any reason it should be their option to keep them out.

We've kissed the a**es of minorities long enough. All the bowing and scraping to
the ungrateful hasn't gotten us anywhere. We've only created generations that are so used to not having to compete on a level playing field they've become lazy and arrogant. Obama himself is a perfect example of this.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:46 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Reminder: blacks who own or are employed in businesses are prohibited from refusing serve to members of the KKK, even if said members are dressed in their sheet and hood. Jews are prohibited from refusing service to those who are wearing swastikas.
This is what is known as a "lie". It's considered bad form.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:21 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
We've gone so far out of the way so as not to appear racist or discriminatory, affirmative action being a prime example. What has it accomplished except to instill an attitude in certain groups that they are "owed" simply because of their color or gender.
Yup, ever hear of that phrase, "I'm free, white and over 21?" Yes, there are many people who believe they are owed everything because they are white males.......

Quote:
Businesses have suffered because of quotas that keep some of the most qualified candidates from being hired. Tests have been dumbed down and that's hurt everyone.
Yes, I remember when the quota was white males only......many unqualified white males had positions instead of qualified women and minorities.....

Quote:
Privately owned businesses should have the right to hire anyone they choose. If they feel that one group or another isn't for them for any reason it should be their option to keep them out.
Then these businesses deserve absolutely no support or business of any type from any government entity or any business that receives any support whatsoever from government.

Quote:
We've kissed the a**es of minorities long enough. All the bowing and scraping to
the ungrateful hasn't gotten us anywhere. We've only created generations that are so used to not having to compete on a level playing field they've become lazy and arrogant. Obama himself is a perfect example of this.
Simply hilarious.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
He was interviewed on by Rachel Maddow this evening. He says he agrees with the Civil Rights Act when it comes to public places but not private ones.

Film at eleven.

He must have made a lot of sense in his explanation of the accusations. He won the upcoming elections(primary and general) in grand fashion.

He makes a very good point, that taking freedom from someone, just to make someone else feel better, is not liberty. It is oppression.

As much as they try, and god knows they have tried, they will never re-engineer human nature, or mother nature. It just makes us all weaker as a species.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies