Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,787,387 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 08:29 AM

19,898 posts, read 12,189,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Maybe you could find a new species like the Sonoran kangaroo rat or something, and then the tree huggers would create human shields to protest the area, and 0bama can turn the whole area into a national park.

That just might work!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:35 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,486,036 times
I am so dang sorry, any American Boycotting Arizona, for this trash, we are looking at, needs to be boycotted for being ignorant and stupid. This is what the illegals brings us, on our way, to their freedom. The freaking germs, this is how illnesses, get passed also. Do you all want this going on in your State, then wake up, and fast. Our future depends on how we handle the illegal situation NOW.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:37 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,345,761 times
I've seen those pictures as well. It's disgusting, and that people actually want this to continue is beyond rational thought.

Go Arizona!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:15 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,289,392 times
There is much more support for the Arizona law than the media reports. The media couldn't sell advertising for its coverage if there wasn't a "sensational" issue involved,...with all the liberal handwringing and celebrity talking heads.

Hang in there Arizona!! Even with the president of Mexico and our spineless leader in the White House agreeing that a sovereign state cannot control issues inside its own borders, Americans back your decisions. Just follow the law,....you know,...that law that the federal government refuses to enforce.

Calderon doesn't want the fresh supply of American money disrupted. After all, American money sent back to Mexico by illegals is a HUGE part of the Mexican economy. Maybe Calderon should concentrate on solving his own internal issues instead of coming to the States to squeal like a pig caught under a fence.

Maybe when Calderon returns to Mexico he could take Obama for an extended visit,...say sometime around 2030?

Old 05-20-2010, 09:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,683,171 times
I read some of Calderon's remarks. In public he said that the AZ law is hurting "Mexican migration".
I really wished someone would have had the guts to correct him.

The AZ law is trying to stem the flood of illegal aliens.
No one is stopping legal Mexican migration into the US. That was an outright lie by Calderon.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:42 AM

418 posts, read 1,092,433 times
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I support the Arizona law; it's about time somebody did something about illegal immigration. It's too bad the federal government doesn't have the b@lls to do something about it.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:00 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,029,406 times
How can anyone not support the Arizona law? This needs to be done. I really don't understand why people are boycotting it. This is shameful.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:04 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,239,917 times
I saw those pictures several months ago and they are making the rounds of the internet again. It is a sad and disgraceful state of affairs when people must take matters into their own hands to do the job the POTUS and the federal government will not. The problem is only going to get worse and the Tenth Amendment movement will only get stronger. Count on it.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,985,744 times
First off; the AZ law is not really that different from the Federal laws that exist, the main difference is that AZ they will uphold the law themselves. That said, targeting anyone that looks Mexican and requiring them to provide proof of citizenship without just cause (looking Mexican does not qualify) is a violation of our own laws. Pesonally I do not care if AZ upholds the law of the nation if they do so legally.
Secondly; I do not see AZ stating that they will go after the root of the problem and that is to go after those that hire illegals. We cannot, in my opinion, stop the illgals from entering this nation so long as they have reason to come here, forget building walls they will not work and would cost more money than we can afford to spend to build, maintain and then patrol the entire length.
Third, our imigration laws need to be reformed, many of those that come here to work would gladly do so legally if they could get a green card in a reasonable amount of time. Check them out and approve them if they have a clean record, and let them contribute to our nation in the way of labor and taxes paid.
So pass laws that treat the symptoms are you want, but until we address the issue in a logical manner we will continue to get the same results.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies