Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:36 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Ah, to chime in on passing by, how many of you liberals even took the time to READ THE ARTICLE? Damned few, I'd guess, especially the link to the nyt within the link. Clowns, all of ya!
You should not insinuate that people that do not like the gas bag are liberals,I am far from it.I read the article and can conclude that it was designed for slow learners and dupes with selective memory.The writer claims it was Limbaugh that molded the {R}s into the party of no.Not one time does he mention Ron Paul who is nick named Doctor NO.While the {R}s were voting for bail outs,subsidies,cash for clunkers,and a new prescription drug plan,Paul stuck with his conservative principles and voted no.
How did the tea party originate?Started off from Paul supporters and liberty minded people.Then of course it was hi jacked by Palin and others and the message got diluted.Of course Rush and his simpleton audience will put most of the credit at his door step.
What I find kind of ironic is that Rush hates Paul and has said that he is not a conservative .Lets think about that for a minute,Paul that has voted no on all the above and on every spending bill and is not a conservative?But Rush wants the {R}s to follow his lead. Does that raise a red flag of being inconsistent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 09:39 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Yes they are but how many are on Nation wide, and only with the NPR backing them.
???NPR ????

No, there are other stations that own/carry liberal talk.....and since you don't listen to NPR you wouldn't know that it is not "liberal". I have heard many many times ALL sides of an issue including the Repub's side....so don't call it "liberal" unless you've listened to it....

Ed Schultz and Thomm Hartman, Mike Papantonio, Stephanie Miller, Norman Goldman, Mike Malloy are just a few I can name who are heard nationally and they are NOT on NPR.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
???NPR ????

No, there are other stations that own/carry liberal talk.....and since you don't listen to NPR you wouldn't know that it is not "liberal". I have heard many many times ALL sides of an issue including the Repub's side....so don't call it "liberal" unless you've listened to it....

Ed Schultz and Thomm Hartman, Mike Papantonio, Stephanie Miller, Norman Goldman, Mike Malloy are just a few I can name who are heard nationally and they are NOT on NPR.

If they are so good how come they are not household names, Rush is?

Old 05-21-2010, 01:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, of course YOU pretend to have never heard of them...they're not Palin(did you see those two latest Palin latest CD polls...my, my,..a popularity drop there...) or Limbaugh, Beck, or Bush, the only people you've ever listened to.

But the lefties do have quite a few listeners , are quite intelligent ...so cower in fear and keep your hand away from that phone! Any one of them could verbally slice and dice you in their sleep....
I doubt it very much. Their listeners (if they still have any) that frequent this board haven't been able to do it, I doubt where the lemmings are force fed could do it either.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:19 PM

317 posts, read 404,967 times
If Limbaugh is playing anyone like a violin it's his brain dead fans. The fact that they call themselves dittoheads proves that they have no independent thought. Whatever you say Rushbo, you are our leader. He's no dummy, but his fans certainly are. He is entertaining, I'll give you that.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:35 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
I laughed through this whole piece, for the truth be known, Rush plays the liberals, the left like a Stradivarius with a Borge twist. The man is just absolutely brilliant, IMO.

Go, read, and then catch the tick to the NYT article. Too funny!

Power Line - The Limbaugh victory
I refuse to read or hear anything from somebody that supports the Taliban.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I doubt it very much. Their listeners (if they still have any) that frequent this board haven't been able to do it, I doubt where the lemmings are force fed could do it either.
Just because you never answer posts that slice and dice you doesn't mean they didn't....dream on (is it the oxycodon?).

Now , why don't you back up all that "intelligence" and give Thomm a call.....there is only ONE reason you won't.....

Old 05-21-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
If they are so good how come they are not household names, Rush is?
I know several households where they are very well known....sorry you're not very knowledgeable or sophisticated enough to turn a channel.......

No, they don't get the attention a hate-spewing lying hypocritical druggie freak like Limbaugh does....freaks always attract the most attention.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Limberger is the Democrats best weapon, has been for years.
So true and now we also have PAYlin.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
If Limbaugh is playing anyone like a violin it's his brain dead fans. The fact that they call themselves dittoheads proves that they have no independent thought. Whatever you say Rushbo, you are our leader. He's no dummy, but his fans certainly are. He is entertaining, I'll give you that.
Obviously you don't listen, else you would know what "dittohead" means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies