Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it right for Elton John to perform at Rush Limbaugh's wedding?
YES 51 76.12%
NO 16 23.88%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:21 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,115,447 times

Advertisements

I remember when Elton publicly came out against gay marriage a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 05:26 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,427,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Too funny... Just proves that Rush Limbaugh is an airbag that stands for NOTHING.

Here's a link to some of Rush Limbaugh's top Anti-gay comments...

Rush Limbaugh’s Top Anti-Gay Quotes | The New Civil Rights Movement

Keep in mind that Rush was a closet oxycontin addict, too....
Aired a song about Senator Barney Frank called “Banking Queen“.

Democrats will “bend over, grab the ankles, and say, ‘Have your way with me’” to African American and gay voters.

On the Mark Foley scandal: “In their hearts and minds and their crotches, they don’t have any problem with what Foley did. They’ve defended it over the — over the years.“

Openly gay students are “trumpeting” their sexuality, “inviting dissent”.
“When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation”

From your link, I don't see anything overly anti-homosexual, crude comments, but not against homosexuals, just like calling someone else a "***" (used in the British term, meaning bundle of wood, I'm assuming)

Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,072,931 times
Quote:
Too funny... Just proves that Rush Limbaugh is an airbag that stands for NOTHING.

Here's a link to some of Rush Limbaugh's top Anti-gay comments...

Rush Limbaugh’s Top Anti-Gay Quotes | The New Civil Rights Movement

Keep in mind that Rush was a closet oxycontin addict, too....
By your measure....it also indicates that Elton John stands for NOTHING as well.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,935,114 times
If enough people turn these shows off, they go away. Even if their bosses love their message, the bottom line is always going to be about money.

Honestly, I didn't think Limbaugh would still be on the air by this point in time. Most radio hosts burn themselves out at a much faster pace than he has, and he's as relevant now as he ever was... I'm not talking about his message, I'm talking about the business that is his show. It's generating a fortune of money. When that stops, he thanks everyone for their years of loyalty and rides off into the sunset. Again, I'm surprised it didn't happen a long time ago, but it didn't; and it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon. He and his show have tremendous staying power. He beat the drugs scandal which would have done in almost anyone in the industry you can name. He's not going away. He's not my cup of tea, so the simple solution on this end is I don't listen to him.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:39 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,058,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I remember when Elton publicly came out against gay marriage a few years ago.
Here's what Elton John really said...

Elton John: Where Prop 8 went wrong - USATODAY.com

Old 06-06-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
By your measure....it also indicates that Elton John stands for NOTHING as well.
Elton John is not on the radio daily considering himself a judge of everything and everyone else in the world.

If anything, the music he's known for performing and that he's written is about love and kindness....and a creating a better world by these means...

You can't say the same about Mr. Limbaugh.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:45 PM

716 posts, read 1,120,933 times
Quote:
Elton John is not on the radio daily making himself a judge of everyone else in the world.

If anything, the music he's known for is about love and kindness....and a creating a better world.

You can't say the same about Mr. Limbaugh.

What about when Elton and Eminem performed together?

Old 06-06-2010, 05:45 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,935,114 times
Quote:
Elton John is not on the radio daily making himself a judge of everyone else in the world.

If anything, the music he's known for is about love and kindness....and a creating a better world.
Hey, he DID say Saturday night's alright for fighting!

(I like Elton John; just having a little fun)

Old 06-06-2010, 05:51 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,428,765 times
If Elton wanted to do it who are we to judge?

Old 06-06-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
What about when Elton and Eminem performed together?
OMG -- Can you believe that EVIL man did THAT ???

Obviously that proves that Elton John is bad, bad, bad if he performed with Eminem.

Apparently, you think this makes Elton's life comparable to the person that Rush Limbaugh is and how he's made his living.

Ok. You win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies