Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it right for Elton John to perform at Rush Limbaugh's wedding?
YES 51 76.12%
NO 16 23.88%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 02:19 PM

24,464 posts, read 23,159,001 times

Advertisements

I din't even know Limbaugh was divorced let alone getting married again. Elton John needs cash so whoever can afford to pay him the million bucks or so he charges can have him perform for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 02:31 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,238,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
And there are many who are.

Rush was able to beat his addiction. He would be praised by many people if he were a liberal.

He beat his addiction; he was one of the lucky ones. Others have not been so lucky (Michael Jackson and Elvis, for example).
Absolutely true!!

At 74 I, too, have degenerative joint disease in several joints plus bulging discs the length of my spine. I am fortunate that it is no more severe than to require mild pain killers. No one can judge the severity of pain someone else may be having and pain from spinal injuries and degeneration can be severe. My sister had surgery for severe lower back pain about three years ago and got no relief. She still walks with a walker. Every case is different and no generalizations can be made.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:41 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,078,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
No, Rush would be praised by people if he wasn't a hypocrite.
Yes, because when Elton John was a drunk and snorting coke he was running around telling everyone how great it was and suggesting that drunk coke addicts are the noblest of people, nothing at all wrong with being a coke head. GO FOR IT!!!

Or do you think he would have been a hypocrite and suggested that being a coke head maybe wasn't a good thing?? If he had done anything else he'd be scum.

In the end an addict is an addict, both need treatment and recovery....but someone who gets addicted to pain medication due to a legitimate medical need is not the same as someone who for the purpose of entertainment and self indulgence decides to start snorting coke. Both are likely hypocrites.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:48 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,343,451 times
Look at the conservative and liberal demagogues waging cute little battles of rhetoric, promoting hollow propaganda, while those they feel they are defending sit back, and toast each other, lol...

Old 06-07-2010, 04:48 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,938,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Everything Rush does and says is childish. I think it fits in the thread quite well. Big controversy - Yawn. Gay Elton John sings for his supper and Rush Limbaugh gets married again to window dressing. Rush will just use it as banter for a future show and Elton will do anything for attention.
Both are media whores. That's what they get paid to do. But at least, Elton has talent.

Book Elton John your Booking Agent Corporate Private Event | Elton John Booking Agency

Like I said, they have a lot in common
Why didn't you just post this the first time instead of stooping to the same level as the person you were criticizing? This is a good post. Much better than the name-calling and accusations that came before.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,037,797 times
Sounds like Elton had a real good time and even invited the happy couple to stay at his place in England.

Rush Limbaugh - Elton John | Megyn Kelly | The View | Mediaite

A point to consider. Elton has also performed with Axel Rose, Eminem, who are NOT so tolerant of gays and have written in song some pretty disparaging remarks about gays, much worse than anything Rush has said.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:53 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,781,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sounds like Elton had a real good time and even invited the happy couple to stay at his place in England.

Rush Limbaugh - Elton John | Megyn Kelly | The View | Mediaite

A point to consider. Elton has also performed with Axel Rose, Eminem, who are NOT so tolerant of gays and have written in song some pretty disparaging remarks about gays, much worse than anything Rush has said.
Rush paid for it. The taxpayers did not pay for it. Therefore it is perfectly ok with me for Elton to make a buck where there is a buck to be made. I think I respect Elton far more than McCartney now.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,594,083 times
If Rush and Elton are friends or reach a deal, I don't see a problem.

I would just hope Rush stays true to the Chritian family values and doesn't divorce...for the fourth time. *smirks*

Old 06-07-2010, 05:43 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,241,212 times
Why not? Rush will just call him a *** tomorrow.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:48 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,241,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
If Rush and Elton are friends or reach a deal, I don't see a problem.

I would just hope Rush stays true to the Chritian family values and doesn't divorce...for the fourth time. *smirks*
Marriage sure can change a person, sometimes women have great influence over a man, take me for instance, I used to be a nice guy, now I'm an a__________.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies