Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2018, 03:53 PM

361 posts, read 749,961 times

Advertisements

Millers Ale house on Gatlin next to Wendys/Home Depot is starting their soft opening.

They are building a Floors & Decor next to Bass Pro Shop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 10:57 AM

481 posts, read 760,166 times
Port St. Lucie residents can take a Citizen Survey until 2/23 at
NCS Port St. Lucie, FL 2018 Opt-in

Old 02-15-2018, 01:37 PM

Crosstown Parkway Extension Update:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/964145184396148736

Old 02-18-2018, 02:23 PM

18 posts, read 30,289 times
Any predictions as to which of the area’s Winn Dixie stores will close?

Winn-Dixie reportedly plans to close almost 200 stores - BI

I suspect the store at US1 and White City Rd will be closed. I have a personal fondness for that store. It hasn’t changed since 1982.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:41 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times
I'll be glad to see WD close- they are horribly outdated and needed to go out years ago. I hate to think that there will be another empty storefront, but hopefully someone will fill their void.

I ate at the Miller's Ale House on Friday. I love their text message wait list. Very convenient! I ordered a chicken fajita and my companion ordered loaded fries. We both were very satisfied and were pleased with how quickly we were fed in spite of the crowd. I hope they continue this level of service up!!

Finally- Tulip Ave between PSL blvd and Darwin will be closed this week Tues- Fri. The city is replacing the concrete cross drains in the roads. Seek alternate routes!

Old 02-21-2018, 05:44 AM

108 posts, read 181,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakalakaka View Post
Any predictions as to which of the area’s Winn Dixie stores will close?

Winn-Dixie reportedly plans to close almost 200 stores - BI

I suspect the store at US1 and White City Rd will be closed. I have a personal fondness for that store. It hasn’t changed since 1982.
I have mixed emotions about this. I used to shop WD pretty much exclusively about 20 years ago when I lived in Palm Beach County and loved the place. Shortly after moving to PSL is when they started the thing with the cards. Besides the fact that it had a "George Orwellian 1984" tracking your purchases vibe to it, they're prices seemed to be artificially inflated to compensate for the card discount (items were priced about what they seemed to be elsewhere after using the card to get the "discount"). Other than a quick run in to pick up something if I was in the area, I pretty much stopped shopping there. I had always hoped they would have ditched the discount card.

Two hundred out of five hundred locations is quite a chunk....I imagine what's left will get swallowed up by another competitor eventually.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:11 PM

Looks like a 84,043 sf Townplace Suites Marriot is being planned for in Tradition
http://gis.cityofpsl.com/webapp/pz/p...cs/P17-250.pdf

Old 02-26-2018, 02:38 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
Well the Townplace Suites are supposed to be for extended stay, with kitchens, which we do need. The extended stay in Stuart is awful from what J hear from clients

I found this on upcoming restaurants openings in the area Some we already know about :

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/money/b...gs/1016366001/

Expect more fast food restaurants to open on the Treasure Coast in 2018.

There are two Popeyes, two Chick-fil-A restaurants, two Burger King and a Taco Bell apiece for Martin, St. Lucie and Indian River counties.

At least three new healthy restaurants are coming to Martin County in the coming months including Freshii and Modern Juice Company in Stuart and 3 Natives in Palm City.

St. Lucie County claims new Chick-fil-A restaurants and Burger Kings and a pair of Starbucks also will open soon in Port St. Lucie.

Florida's first HopCat restaurant and beer bar also is coming to Port St. Lucie. Downtown Fort Pierce will get two new restaurants, Rooster in the Garden and the Bradford Steakhouse, in the The Galleria of Pierce Harbor building at 100 Second St.

Indian River County is getting a new Taco Bell and Popeyes near the Wawa at the southeast corner of U.S. 1 and 12th Street. Tradewinds restaurant will open at the old Dockside Grille on Royal Palm Pointe.

Baron Shoppes is under construction at the site of the former Wallace Chevrolet on U.S. 1 near Monterey Road in Stuart. Jeremiah Baron, owner and president of Jeremiah Baron & Co. Commercial Real Estate, is developing Baron Shoppes at the site of the former Wallace Chevrolet on U.S. 1 near Monterey Road in Stuart. Businesses opening in the plaza include: Metro Diner; Freshii; Firehouse Subs; Moe’s Southwest Grill; Jupiter Medical Center; Eyeglass World; Foot Spa; and Paradise Car Wash.

Gatlin Plaza -
Miller’s Ale House and a 69,900-square-foot Floor & Decor store are coming to Gatlin Plaza, which includes Home Depot and Bass Pro Shops. The Port St. Lucie plaza is on the south side of Gatlin Boulevard just east of Interstate 95.

Sympatico Plaza
Duffy's Sports Grill, Zaxby's and a Pet Supermarket soon will open in the plaza, which is anchored by Walmart Neighborhood Market. The Port St. Lucie plaza is near the northwest corner of Port St. Lucie Boulevard and Yale Street, north of Darwin Boulevard.

Hobe Sound Station
Local developer John J. Doyle plans to bring a second Crawdaddy’s N’awlins Grill & Raw Bar and Palm Beach County's Lynora's to the nearly 15,000-square-foot building on U.S. 1 near Pettway Street. Other tenants are expected to include Studio 54 VO Salon, Orchids Day Spa, a dry cleaners, bank and an unnamed sushi restaurant. The plans also call for a RaceTrac gas station and convenience store and Doyle hopes to bring an Aldi grocery store to the area.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:15 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,745,387 times
Quote:
Baron Shoppes is under construction at the site of the former Wallace Chevrolet on U.S. 1 near Monterey Road in Stuart.
It started off very slowly, but the construction on this plaza is coming along. The Metro Diner has already painted logos, etc. on their windows. The car wash (in the back corner) seems about 3/4 finished, as well. I was a bit disappointed to see Zaxby's, which had originally announced plans to open in this shopping center, seems to have dropped out.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:26 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Well the Townplace Suites are supposed to be for extended stay, with kitchens, which we do need. The extended stay in Stuart is awful from what J hear from clients

I found this on upcoming restaurants openings in the area Some we already know about :

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/money/b...gs/1016366001/

Expect more fast food restaurants to open on the Treasure Coast in 2018.

There are two Popeyes, two Chick-fil-A restaurants, two Burger King and a Taco Bell apiece for Martin, St. Lucie and Indian River counties.

At least three new healthy restaurants are coming to Martin County in the coming months including Freshii and Modern Juice Company in Stuart and 3 Natives in Palm City.

St. Lucie County claims new Chick-fil-A restaurants and Burger Kings and a pair of Starbucks also will open soon in Port St. Lucie.

Florida's first HopCat restaurant and beer bar also is coming to Port St. Lucie. Downtown Fort Pierce will get two new restaurants, Rooster in the Garden and the Bradford Steakhouse, in the The Galleria of Pierce Harbor building at 100 Second St.

Indian River County is getting a new Taco Bell and Popeyes near the Wawa at the southeast corner of U.S. 1 and 12th Street. Tradewinds restaurant will open at the old Dockside Grille on Royal Palm Pointe.

Baron Shoppes is under construction at the site of the former Wallace Chevrolet on U.S. 1 near Monterey Road in Stuart. Jeremiah Baron, owner and president of Jeremiah Baron & Co. Commercial Real Estate, is developing Baron Shoppes at the site of the former Wallace Chevrolet on U.S. 1 near Monterey Road in Stuart. Businesses opening in the plaza include: Metro Diner; Freshii; Firehouse Subs; Moe’s Southwest Grill; Jupiter Medical Center; Eyeglass World; Foot Spa; and Paradise Car Wash.

Gatlin Plaza -
Miller’s Ale House and a 69,900-square-foot Floor & Decor store are coming to Gatlin Plaza, which includes Home Depot and Bass Pro Shops. The Port St. Lucie plaza is on the south side of Gatlin Boulevard just east of Interstate 95.

Sympatico Plaza
Duffy's Sports Grill, Zaxby's and a Pet Supermarket soon will open in the plaza, which is anchored by Walmart Neighborhood Market. The Port St. Lucie plaza is near the northwest corner of Port St. Lucie Boulevard and Yale Street, north of Darwin Boulevard.

Hobe Sound Station
Local developer John J. Doyle plans to bring a second Crawdaddy’s N’awlins Grill & Raw Bar and Palm Beach County's Lynora's to the nearly 15,000-square-foot building on U.S. 1 near Pettway Street. Other tenants are expected to include Studio 54 VO Salon, Orchids Day Spa, a dry cleaners, bank and an unnamed sushi restaurant. The plans also call for a RaceTrac gas station and convenience store and Doyle hopes to bring an Aldi grocery store to the area.

How depressing. What is it, a grand total of two real independent restaurants out of that whole bunch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach