Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 05:41 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,005 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a bit of churchafobia to me. I think people should get the details first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 09:34 AM

43 posts, read 71,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
Sounds like a bit of churchafobia to me. I think people should get the details first.
We know the details. We spent $40m on the building. It is being sold for $13m. The buyer won't be burdened by property taxes which other suitors had to consider while bidding. The last suitor offered $2m more and wasn't counter offered at the $13m price tag, nor tax exemption.

I personally am against property taxes. But if we have them, it becomes "special respect" to allow a business like a mega-church to not have to pay them(unconstitutional). The same as it would be to give exemption to a Strip Club because it hires single Mothers that helps them feed their kids.

Government is the custodian of the tax money they extorted to build this property. We can't allow them to extend our losses even more indefinitely. It is in the tax payers interest to get a buyer who will pay taxes. deal means we lose a million every year between City and County and millions more if the price rebounds one day back to $40m.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:06 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
Wawa also got approval to build in Tradition on the newly- cleared Village Pointe corner of Village Pkwy and Tradition Pkwy. Don't have any idea of when they will break ground.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:07 PM

24 posts, read 46,087 times
VGTI wants a bailout by end of week or they are moving out of area. I say don't let the door hit you on the way out. Let some other city dump millions of taxpayer money year after year on it.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:10 AM

85 posts, read 185,276 times
I'm with you, Matt3105. VGTI's arrogance really annoyed me. Go demand this, that and the other thing somewhere else.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:58 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
VGTI please don't let the door hit you on your way out

Old 04-29-2015, 03:14 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
I think the city of PSL is in agreement with y'all. VGTI has been a drain on our city long enough. Time to part ways. Anyone know of a church we can sell this building for? We'll give it away for a song!!

Old 05-05-2015, 04:20 PM

The Sonny's BBQ at the corner of US1 and Jennings Rd in PSL has closed it's doors

Old 05-06-2015, 07:01 AM

43 posts, read 71,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newred5 View Post
The Sonny's BBQ at the corner of US1 and Jennings Rd in PSL has closed it's doors
This seems like the perfect community for them to be doing great business. The only competition I know of is Dales and Park Ave but their prices are absurd. Wonder what went wrong? BBQ lovers in that area are going to have to now go down to Stuart, Lucie West, or all the way up in Fort Pierce....

By the way, anyone know what the deal is with that giant crucifix left at this intersection? I have no problem if that guy is holding it, as that is free speech. But for the government to allow him to just leave it there unattended 24 hours a day smacks of endorsement....

Old 05-06-2015, 07:37 AM

As far as the Giant cross, I have never seen it left there ..the guy leaves it there when he takes a break in his white truck parked in an adjacent parking lot but as far as I know he always takes it when he leaves .. I actually saw him loading in his truck yesterday at the end of the day when I noticed the BBQ place had closed ..and why would this area be a perfect community for Sonny's BBQ to do great business ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach