Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 04:56 AM

135 posts, read 207,643 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any updates of when the on/ off ramp project for Oslo onto I 95 is due to start? I myself can't wait....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 10:44 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
No I heard on the Vero Community Radio show that it's not scheduled but they were debating the pros and cons of the impact to the people living on Oslo.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:51 PM

185 posts, read 457,559 times
HA! This project is so ridiculous. Just build the damn thing already. I do think they should finish Oslo 4-lanes all the way out there before hand though... but... all the NIMBY people have nothing better to do than ***** and moan.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:25 PM

I didn't mean the politicians were debating it - the two people on the radio were talking about it.

But I"m sure if you feel strongly about it you can have it addressed at the township meetings.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:28 AM

It is already a "paranoid of change" community. Debating it only festers those feelings in people.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLBR View Post
It is already a "paranoid of change" community. Debating it only festers those feelings in people.

OK first of all instead of BASHING PEOPLE try GOOGLE.

ALL the information you wanted is there instead of asking us then conflating the answer with your dissatisfaction with the community.

The FEDS HELD IT UP and DEEMED IT UNWARRANTED.

RIGHT IN THE ONLINE NEWSPAPER. Do you read it?

How about The Press Journal? Do you subscribe?

HERE - give it a shot:

http://www.mondotimes.com/1/world/us/9/556/1539

Oslo Road, I-95 Interchange moves to design phase - VeroNews: Indian River County Traffic

ftp://ftp.dot.state.fl.us/LTS/D4/Pro...ts_Stantec.pdf

http://www.irccdd.com/planning_divis...e_Plan_Ch4.pdf

Now what are you talking about "paranoid"? Well other than your buyer's remorse about moving here. (LOL paranoid actually sounds like you not us)

Paranoid of change exactly how. What change do you want that you're not getting?

OH WAIT. You're the guy who wanted a cement WALL up around your property in your HOA, right?

You wouldn't be so condescending if you had any idea how LONG it takes to do a project like that. You didn't live here when they widened 60W. It was YEARS. Ditto the current widening of Rt 1 in front of my condo where some guy DIED from traffic pattern madness. Another several year project. I lived directly ON the construction of both.

The i-95 deal will probably take around 13 or more years. And concurrent with right of way issues with All Aboard Florida if that goes through.

ALL of Oslo Road will be strongly impacted. BE careful what you ask for.

BTW if you were so involved in your short two year tenure living here, you'd KNOW that all this week there are County and local officials having meetings open to the public to review the long term road plans. The Metropolitan Planning Org. It's a requirement for federal dollars every five years.

SIX meetings to be exact to get the "paranoid of change" public's OPINIONS on PRIORITIES.

I'm sure you'll be going, right?

It's also FUNNY you criticized me in the past "how does runswithscissors know...blah blah blah. "runswithscissors should be mayor".

Gee I don't know.

Why don't YOU know as much as me since YOU live here, too?

HERE:

irmpo.com | Home

You're welcome.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 05-11-2015 at 05:44 PM..

Old 05-13-2015, 04:34 AM

I remember as a little girl being able to travel all the way up I95 from Miami to Jackson with the exception of the Treasure Coast were you had to detour back to US1 to get through. Either this is a neglected area or change is not welcomed. Yes you are right...I have no right to complain unless I attend the meetings. At my age though I don't have fight in me to battle what I feel should be done nor patience to listen to narrow minded thinking. I've lived in cities like Las Vegas where change was continuously happening all around me. I just have to slow down my mind to adjust to the local way of doing things. Thank you for the links, they streamlined and answered my questions. I still think you should run for Mayor.

Last edited by PLBR; 05-13-2015 at 04:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach