Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 02:21 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,737,517 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have pretty well settled on the Treasure Coast for retirement and, specifically, Vero Beach or Port St. Lucie. I would really appreciate your input on our plan for purchasing a home.

We're thinking of renting a condo for a month (if that's possible) and using that as our base of operations. From there we would line up with realtors houses to see in both towns. I figure that in a month's time we can pretty well investigate the available homes and their neighborhoods and choose a home that meets our needs. Is this plan feasible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 05:46 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,232,168 times
I think it's basically a good plan but I would make it 6 months instead of one. You can find a house you like in a month probably but then you'll need additional time for inspections, closing etc. With home prices being what they are you may need additional time to negotiate with people since some are still unrealistic about what they can get, or may be realistic but cannot afford to take what the house is worth. But more importantly you will need a little more time to get a feel for the particular areas and decide which one suits you. This takes a little more time than simply looking at individual houses. Additionally, it may be easier to find a condo to rent for 6 months than one,

Good luck with your search!

Old 12-29-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I think it's basically a good plan but I would make it 6 months instead of one. You can find a house you like in a month probably but then you'll need additional time for inspections, closing etc. With home prices being what they are you may need additional time to negotiate with people since some are still unrealistic about what they can get, or may be realistic but cannot afford to take what the house is worth. But more importantly you will need a little more time to get a feel for the particular areas and decide which one suits you. This takes a little more time than simply looking at individual houses. Additionally, it may be easier to find a condo to rent for 6 months than one,

Good luck with your search!
That's exactly what I was wondering--whether one month was enough time.
Thanks for the advice.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:28 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,214,905 times
Renting anything for a month could be very costly as well, especially if you plan on coming down in the Season... rates skyrocket.

Also, any one Realtor can show you all the houses in an area. You don't need to line up a bunch of them. We all have access to the same MLS.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Renting anything for a month could be very costly as well, especially if you plan on coming down in the Season... rates skyrocket.

Also, any one Realtor can show you all the houses in an area. You don't need to line up a bunch of them. We all have access to the same MLS.
By "the Season" I assume you're referring to the October through April timeframe? Actually we would be coming down in the summer (hot! I know). Thanks for the advice re: realtors. Would a single realtor handle both PSL and Vero?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:49 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,309,466 times
PM me and I will give you a GREAT realtor to work wth

Old 01-01-2011, 02:59 PM

The MLS (Multiple Listing Service) that we belong to as Realtors divides in to 2 separate companies between Port St Lucie and Vero Beach. Regional MLS here covers from Ft Pierce to Miami. The Vero Beach MLS does not have access to Regional and we don't have access to Vero unless you add an additional Board to belong to. Makes it more difficult for someone to be able to cover both areas with one Realtor, plus the areas are quite large to be good covering both.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
The MLS (Multiple Listing Service) that we belong to as Realtors divides in to 2 separate companies between Port St Lucie and Vero Beach. Regional MLS here covers from Ft Pierce to Miami. The Vero Beach MLS does not have access to Regional and we don't have access to Vero unless you add an additional Board to belong to. Makes it more difficult for someone to be able to cover both areas with one Realtor, plus the areas are quite large to be good covering both.
OK Thanks for the helpful info.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:50 AM

46 posts, read 150,719 times
Default Section 34??????

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what town(?) section 34 is? I notice on the map that it looks like it borders Martin County??

Appreciate your help

Old 01-05-2011, 09:46 AM

Section 34 -- and how are you arriving at that? I think you mean the area along Becker Rd..?

Nothing wrong with it. It's where St Lucie Co and Martin Co meet..

your question is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach