Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:26 PM

483 posts, read 556,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
I've been seeing a lot of people coming from other places outside of PSL buying homes. I'm seeing people moving within PSL as well. The thing is...houses ARE selling and the people buying them that I am dealing with are going to live in them. I know there are investors out there as well, but, they do what they want, as usual.

Nobody has a crystal ball for tomorrow.
It's always time to BUY when you talk to someone in your profession. What else are you going to say. When the bubble was ON, they said if you don't buy today it'll be 30,000 higher for the same house next month.

I no longer listen to that part of a realtor's conversation. They often have much knowledge that can be of use. But this false frenzy they try to portray is falling on deaf ears mostly. They cried wolf too many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 06:26 AM

578 posts, read 1,777,751 times
Well don't just take her word for it, look around. When I moved into my neighborhood there was a huge number of homes for sale and nothing was moving. In fact the inventory was growing. Today they are going quickly. I just had a neighbor a couple of streets away put his house up for sale and it sold in less than two months. On the corner they have scraped a lot and are preping to build. I don't know FlaLadyB personally but from what I have read in her posts she knows what she is talking about.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:33 AM

105 posts, read 280,845 times
I think Steve is right. I was in Florida and looked at probably 30 houses over a 4 day period. At the end of the trip we liked 4 houses a lot from the others. 3 of them which had no offers when we first saw them were gone in that 4 day period. I am not saying we will not have another down period but from April until September things to pick up as families are more willing to move when kids are out of school I have been told.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:01 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,207,300 times
No PSL is not a thriving metropolis where you can leap tall buildings in a single bound...but I've lived in those too - Boca Raton, Delray Beach, WPB, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter ....during my lifetime in real estate. And I will say I still love Jupiter. I will also say that the prices and cost of living in PSL is a LOT lower than south of us. PSL is was not meant to be a "business" type of city.

That is also why many people drive south to the WPB area but choose to live here. We aren't that far from anything....including the chaos of the "city". Some prefer it, some don't. I like it some of the time, but not all of the time. I can drive to PGA and get my fill of whatever I think I need and then go home to peace and quiet.

Now if the prices went back down in Jupiter, I'd probably go back there. I did enjoy living there and still have my favorite places, even though things keep changing all the time. But knowing what I paid to live then vs what it cost now....nope. I'll drive a bit and spend a little gas, not cash.

I'd be curious though....if you had to pick a city as your most fav to move to, what would it be? Where are your top choices?

Old 05-01-2010, 07:59 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,804,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
I'd be curious though....if you had to pick a city as your most fav to move to, what would it be? Where are your top choices?
  1. Within Florida
  2. the US
  3. internationally or
  4. all of the above?
1. I would have to agree with you Jupiter;
2. That's hard - I like Minneapolis
3. Great Britain or Italy

Old 05-02-2010, 07:48 AM

105 posts, read 280,845 times
Is a good question. I have always wanted to live in Port St Lucie so I would say..

1) Port St Lucie
2) Italy
3) Canada

Old 05-02-2010, 12:00 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,941,803 times
Granted, I haven't lived in every city in Florida but I have to say, I am in LOVE with palm bch gardens. I made the decision to move here from Port St. Lucie a couple of years ago (to relocate for school) and decided to stay upon graduation. I love the lifestyle here, I love the city and I love the convenience of a short drive to WPB. I've lived in Port St. Lucie for many (many) years and I didn't miss it when I moved. The ironic thing is, I now work in the area (still live in the gardens) but I have no desire whatsoever to move back there. Yes, the housing (and general cost of living) is way more affordable but it offers very little in terms of quality of life. I certainly hope people understand what they are getting into while they salivate and drool over the price of a home.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Granted, I haven't lived in every city in Florida but I have to say, I am in LOVE with palm bch gardens. I made the decision to move here from Port St. Lucie a couple of years ago (to relocate for school) and decided to stay upon graduation. I love the lifestyle here, I love the city and I love the convenience of a short drive to WPB. I've lived in Port St. Lucie for many (many) years and I didn't miss it when I moved. The ironic thing is, I now work in the area (still live in the gardens) but I have no desire whatsoever to move back there. Yes, the housing (and general cost of living) is way more affordable but it offers very little in terms of quality of life. I certainly hope people understand what they are getting into while they salivate and drool over the price of a home.
and PrettyGryl777...are you renting a place or did you buy a home?

Old 05-02-2010, 12:41 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,941,803 times
I purchased a townhome in PBG.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I purchased a townhome in PBG.

and may we ask, trying not to pry but... how much did you pay for how many square feet of living space, not including a garage, if you have one, or any patio area.

Since I don't know who you are I'm not invading your privacy I hope, but I do have access to MLS in all of Florida as far as pricing goes. So, if you don't want to say how much, just in what developement would be great.

Want to be able to give everyone an idea of cost reality since I used to live and work in your area as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach