Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:23 AM

106 posts, read 422,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlingtonboy View Post
Ok Burlington was voted healthiest city in 2008, also burlington may have one of the best feeling downtowns in the north east. With the combination of commercial businesses, and local shops, located on a huge lake next to the mountains, with mountains surrounding you. Burlington is in a valley, not in the mountains, so you see the mountains all around you, but are not in the mountains. When you speak to people one clear thing happens those who have never been to burlington are the ones who say bad things about it, once you go there your perspective completely changes.
I've been to Burlington about a dozen times. And I don't think I said anything bad about it. To set the record straight, Burlington a really cool little city. It has a very cool vibe all its own.

And you are correct, Burlington is not located on a mountain top. When I use the term "in the mountains" I mean it is in a mountainous region. And the snow fall in Burlington is much heavier than Portland. Thats all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 08:27 AM

106 posts, read 422,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
Church St Marketplace was built way before Borders Bookstore went in. BB is a fairly recent addition. Since the Old Port has Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, hotel chains and other franchise businesses I doubt the City of Portland has a ban on chains.
Yeah, I don't know how some get let in, yet others don't. But the ban on chains is in effect. It was the reason Hooters wasn't allowed. City politics or not, the ban is real.

P.S.- are you talking about first friday art walk? Because that is very much alive! And is still a good time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area