Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 12:11 PM

334 posts, read 487,128 times

Advertisements

For most part, I say it's rare. But every now and then I see a very angry aggressor. I was trying to make a left to get coffee today. This lady was beeping at me, I guess I was going to slow for her. So this made me angry. But why did she not slow down, more considerate? I have had these experiences and not sure why some people so angry here. It's a beautiful city, we all have worry about paying bill. Thank you for any support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 12:34 PM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hose111 View Post
.........I was trying to make a left to get coffee today. This lady was beeping at me, I guess I was going to slow for her. So this made me angry. But why did she not slow down, more considerate?
Was she about 5 feet tall and did she look like this:

http://www.celebrity9.com/img/tonya-...ya-harding.jpg

Always give this person the right-of-way....If you know what's good for you.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:40 PM

that's not funny. No actually she was foreign looking and was driving a very nice mercedes car. I was surprised at her behavior.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:43 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,625,785 times
This guy sure was angry:

Road rage rampage leaves driver terrified, window smashed | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional

Old 07-06-2011, 12:54 PM

even though it's rare, when it happens in Portland it's very nasty. I think a lot of bottled up tension apparently. I hope people will find ways to deal with their disappointments other than on the road.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Just blame it on the Californian transplants...

Honestly, I've only only seen a few instances of angry drivers in Portland... As opposed to somewhere like the Bay Area or Seattle, where's it seems much more common. If you drove 50 mph in the fast lane on the interstate in Oregon, people will go around and might be a little peeved, but won't get that angry. Try that in LA and you're going to inspire some bad behavior.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:50 PM

286 posts, read 521,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Just blame it on the Californian transplants...
Good point, Oregonians blame everything else on Californians why not this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
...Honestly, I've only only seen a few instances of angry drivers in Portland... As opposed to somewhere like the Bay Area or Seattle, where's it seems much more common. If you drove 50 mph in the fast lane on the interstate in Oregon, people will go around and might be a little peeved, but won't get that angry. Try that in LA and you're going to inspire some bad behavior.
As bad behavior begets bad behavior, this is true.

For some reason Oregonians have a hard time comprehending two common highway signs; "Slower Traffic Keep Right" and "Left Lane For Passing Only".

Old 07-06-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual Citizen CA-OR View Post
Good point, Oregonians blame everything else on Californians why not this?

As bad behavior begets bad behavior, this is true.

For some reason Oregonians have a hard time comprehending two common highway signs; "Slower Traffic Keep Right" and "Left Lane For Passing Only".
This is rude, there are people who prefer to drive slow. This is everyone's road.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:59 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Who knows, but people can be pretty slow and "special" behind the wheel around here sometimes. You know, the 30-in-a-35 crowd that seem deathly frightened their car will tip over or explode if they go too fast. People with more aggressive/sportier driving styles or transplants used to a faster pace can occasionally come unglued by this.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:00 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hose111 View Post
This is rude, there are people who prefer to drive slow. This is everyone's road.
You clearly belong here then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland