Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 01:53 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,140 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I lived in Oregon & Portland for 20 glorious years. And it's been 5 long years since I've been back for a visit. But I'm curing that with a 2 week visit this summer. And I'd like to know what are your favorite food carts... the ones I should not miss in my short 2 weeks. There are a couple still around that I use to really enjoy, so I'm going to make sure I include those. But please share with me the most visit ones.

I'll be staying in Westmoreland but will be out and about around town. And lastly does anyone know if Cart de Frisco from Eugene has a cart across from Saturday Market any longer? At one time they were on the North side of the Max tracks during Saturday Market (not an official Saturday Market Vendor). Cart de Frisco was the very first cart food I feel in love with 25 years ago!!

Thanks for the recommendations!!! I'll try to bring some sunshine with me and take some rain back when I leave. I actually miss those misty, rainy days!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,543,983 times
I'm sure everyone has a lot of recommendations! Here are a few of mine. I always love a good Schnitzelwich, and I love the People's Pig at the Alder Street and SW 10th carts... milk-braised pork loin - other carts I like over there are the Frying Scotsman (superior to the SW 1st Ave fried fish cart), the Belgian gaufrette cart (vanilla sugar! yum!), I like the soups at Savor a lot - there is a celery root soup with truffle oil that is to die for. And of course that place Nong's Khao Man Gai that now has a spot by PSU with more options than at Alder St. Who knew poached chicken could be so delicious? (I'm not crazy about many of the other carts at the PSU location, though.)

Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise1 View Post
I'm sure everyone has a lot of recommendations! Here are a few of mine. I always love a good Schnitzelwich, and I love the People's Pig at the Alder Street and SW 10th carts... milk-braised pork loin - other carts I like over there are the Frying Scotsman (superior to the SW 1st Ave fried fish cart), the Belgian gaufrette cart (vanilla sugar! yum!), I like the soups at Savor a lot - there is a celery root soup with truffle oil that is to die for. And of course that place Nong's Khao Man Gai that now has a spot by PSU with more options than at Alder St. Who knew poached chicken could be so delicious? (I'm not crazy about many of the other carts at the PSU location, though.)
THANKS! I'm looking forward to checking these out!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 01:34 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,658 times
Whenever I'm in Portland I always make a point to go to Euro Dish on sw 10th and Alder. It's a bright yellow cart that serves the best Polish food- pierogis, stuffed cabbage, Polish sausage, stews, goulash (probably more Hungarian than Polish), etc. It's filling, cheap, and delicious!!!! I usually take my food and find a table at Director Park and have a nice lunch.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:17 PM

107 posts, read 278,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise1 View Post
These are all some of my favorites too. In addition I like the Cuban cart (they have one at the 10th/Alder pod and one at 5th/Oak pod) and there is one called Eat This at 10th/Alder they have awesome flatbread sandwiches, the meatloaf and beef brisket are really good. I have mostly given up cart food but once or twice a month I indulge.

Although its not a cart I highly recommend Bunk Sandwiches as well. The have a new location on 6th and Oak right across from the USBank Tower.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:18 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,543,983 times
I just came from Bunk Sandwiches! Got the Oregon albacore tuna with hot peppers, pickles and cheddar.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times
Bro-Dogs on 5th. The "Dude" is awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland