Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 08:33 AM

166 posts, read 133,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedownlow View Post
Portland Oregon. The homeless mecca of the world.
Their city animal is the homeless bum and their city bird is the drug needles the junkies use and leave all over the city.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:27 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,472,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
Why is it this all has the distinct odor of Corruption?
Have some fun and research Portland's history.
You might be surprised.

Portland's image has never ever been squeeky clean.
Only recently, with the huge influx of people from somewhere else has this been forgotten.

Portland re-invented itself as a cool, hip, green, socially liberal city about twenty years ago, and current transplants assume that's the way Portland always has been.....

Portland Noir . TV | OPB

Old 10-16-2015, 11:02 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,316,641 times
Seemed like there was visibly less homeless people downtown before the sit-lie ordinance expired. Though that was a contentious policy in Portland.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:49 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,538,130 times
I love this interview with Charlie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xABVb4-19lk

Cliff notes: blah blah blah blah blah. more affordable units. blah blah blah, Health care ,mental care, blah blah. Our infrastructure is crumbling, blah blah blah raise taxes on auto drivers blah blah. No results, no real plan.

Look, I can tell Charlie wants to do something and I'm impressed he had the huevos to tell the interviewer he did not give them money because they will just go buy drugs or liquor. But you can tell that he is treading lightly with an extremely liberal interviewer. The more progressive than thou movement is causing all this. Say one thing: "I love homeless people I wish they would build housing for them." but secretly believe another: "We really should do something about all these unsightly homeless camps, I should call the city about it."

Then you have this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8DigEd0mUI

If the ultra liberals want to get homeless people homes then they should start an organization to fund it. Oh wait, they have that and it doesn't get any money because no one is quite as compassionate as their words make try them out to be. "Meh, the churches and the city health department will handle it." To them it's always a government issue, "Well, if the city, if the county, if the state.... did x." People like this and other SM SJWs make hundreds of YouTube videos as their contribution to causes but never offer any viable solutions. They always come to the conclusion the government needs to build housing in highly desirable areas and offer free medical services. If we only did that we would solve the problem. We do that, and that's why we have so many homeless.

At any given time a person can walk into work source or labor ready at 6AM and be off to work for minimum wage in a factory by 8 am. Mexicans, Ukrainians, and Vietnamese people do tons of day labor. They are hard working drug free people. For this reason I have zero sympathy American born lazy butt holes who want to lay around and do drugs with no responsibilities. "Oh poor me." There was a rant on Reddit when a guy said: "I went to labor ready but all they had were physical labor jobs." Are you kidding me? It's called Labor Ready not Rent-a-Desk-Jockey.

My personal opinion is do nothing. The best way to solve a problem is to hit rock bottom. Let it get really bad, let crime sky rocket, let more home invasions in Sellwood occur. Build a nice homeless block in Portland 3 times the size of Bud Clark commons on the goat block. Let's just have police completely stop visiting homeless camps, or cleaning streets. Let a few bikers get assaulted on the Springwater, Let a few sexual assaults occur. And then...get this... here is the most brilliant part of the plan... we do nothing to improve it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: