Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2017, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 2,191 times

Advertisements

My niece came down from another state, it was understood that she had to get her out with in two weeks it's been 3 months and it's a very hostile environment she has more problems than I wNt to deal with she had an excuse for every reason why she couldn't get her apt....... She has no job and relies on a check once a month this is more than anyone can deal with I rent my home there are minor children involved she has a criminal record and involvement with cps which I want no part of its mind boggling how she can be OK with being where she absolutely knows she isn't welcomed the police are no help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 11:41 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
Eh? No job, criminal record and having a tough time leasing an apartment/house? Who would have expected that!

Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,943,237 times
why not just ask her parents to take her back? Or just actually kick her out if she's this terrible? I know either are tough, but you have to look out for your own kids first.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:31 AM

32,640 posts, read 48,015,234 times
However you do it, I suggest you get her out before your landlord evicts you.

I suspect that because you let her in and let her stay, you are going to have to formally evict her. I suggest that you go and talk to a lawyer who specializes in real estate. If you can't afford a lawyer, I know there is free legal aid in Portland where you can talk to a lawyer for free for at least long enough to see where you stand legally. You don't need a lawyer to do an eviction. You can do it yourself for the cost of the filing fees.

There is a new law in Portland that you have to pay relocation money to a tenant if you ask them to leave, so I hope that doesn't apply to you in your case.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbz View Post
My niece came down from another state, it was understood that she had to get her out with in two weeks it's been 3 months and it's a very hostile environment she has more problems than I wNt to deal with she had an excuse for every reason why she couldn't get her apt....... She has no job and relies on a check once a month this is more than anyone can deal with I rent my home there are minor children involved she has a criminal record and involvement with cps which I want no part of its mind boggling how she can be OK with being where she absolutely knows she isn't welcomed the police are no help
Drop her off at the nearest homeless shelter and immediately change your locks.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:21 AM

119 posts, read 156,130 times
Tell this wretched bitty that your landlord discovered another adult living in your home and they require a lease application for all adults living there. She can find somewhere else to stay. If she's halfway decent looking she can shack up with some dude she meets at the bar.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:44 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,624,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesblazen View Post
Tell this wretched bitty that your landlord discovered another adult living in your home and they require a lease application for all adults living there. She can find somewhere else to stay. If she's halfway decent looking she can shack up with some dude she meets at the bar.
But you didn't point out how PORTLAND is responsible for this. You're off your game.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:05 PM

199 posts, read 217,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpop View Post
But you didn't point out how PORTLAND is responsible for this. You're off your game.
It must be all that rain we get causing all this.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,575,697 times
Are you a senior? If so you can report senior exploitation to the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland