Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 06:59 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times

Advertisements

For crying out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 07:09 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
He didn't call anyone on this forum names. You are telling untruths

In a previous post You dismissed the action of violent agitators. Now I know You realize people are getting injured by these rioters. Yet you show no remorse or empathy. As I recall you posted how you are in favor for murdering the unborn too. So, to summarize you endorse murder and violence. Yet, you have the gall to call out other people? Wow!
Oh, you are on your abortion kick again? I just YAWNED. I question the term, "riot", being used to describe the violence at peaceful protests by anarchists. I have no idea why I am responding to you since your abortion/ murder commentary is so, I don't know... ridiculous. Why do you live here?

Old 05-03-2017, 10:36 PM

333 posts, read 328,780 times
Quote:
He didn't call anyone on this forum names. You are telling untruths

In a previous post You dismissed the action of violent agitators. Now I know You realize people are getting injured by these rioters. Yet you show no remorse or empathy. As I recall you posted how you are in favor for murdering the unborn too. So, to summarize you endorse murder and violence. Yet, you have the gall to call out other people? Wow!
The direction that this thread has taken proves one thing...

Politics ruins everything.

I'm pretty sure everyone commenting on this thread supports the first amendment and peoples right to march and protest. And I'm pretty sure that no one supports masked jerks destroying property and attacking the police, and no one believes that they shouldn't be arrested and prosecuted. Yet, here we are.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyBeezy View Post
The direction that this thread has taken proves one thing...

Politics ruins everything.

I'm pretty sure everyone commenting on this thread supports the first amendment and peoples right to march and protest. And I'm pretty sure that no one supports masked jerks destroying property and attacking the police, and no one believes that they shouldn't be arrested and prosecuted. Yet, here we are.
Well, I am kind of flattered that Joe remembers that I am pro-choice. I wear my badge proudly but I often leave this forum and come back precisely because I don't want to start with "riots" and move to abortion, called murder, within a few sentences. I had to reread the title of the thread because I had forgotten what the topic was. I think my main point was that calling violence at protests by anarchists at s protest is not a riot, per se. I, then, pointed out the importance of education on riots such as the Rodney King trial verdict riots. I grew up after the Watts riots but I was very aware of them. I really appreciate perspective in these threads.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:07 AM

2,661 posts, read 3,857,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Is name calling allowed on City Data Forum? Just wondering. And didn't you say you are from the Mid-West? What happened to those excellent manners I always hear you all are so famous for?
Yes I am from mid west and the post had excellent, well articulated thoughts that were nor rude at all. In the mid west, frankness and honest conversation are appreciated. There was nothing ill mannered about the post.

Now as to your rebut - boring and not adding any value.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Yes I am from mid west and the post had excellent, well articulated thoughts that were nor rude at all. In the mid west, frankness and honest conversation are appreciated. There was nothing ill mannered about the post.

Now as to your rebut - boring and not adding any value.
Calling someone boring is actually rude BTW. The threads on CD just can't stay civil lately. Let's keep it classy.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:08 AM

846 posts, read 609,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Oh, you are on your abortion kick again? I just YAWNED. I question the term, "riot", being used to describe the violence at peaceful protests by anarchists. I have no idea why I am responding to you since your abortion/ murder commentary is so, I don't know... ridiculous. Why do you live here?
Did you see what I did? I took your message, contorted the meaning and used it as to hammer to try to shoot you down. It is an old dirty liberal trick used many times on forums and blogs. It is not right nor an honest way to show disagreement with someone. Just a thought for you when you go to attack.

And yes, I am pro life, btw.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Did you see what I did? I took your message, contorted the meaning and used it as to hammer to try to shoot you down. It is an old dirty liberal trick used many times on forums and blogs. It is not right nor an honest way to show disagreement with someone. Just a thought for you when you go to attack.

And yes, I am pro life, btw.
I never once started in on your politics. Why are you bringing up mine? This is getting weird. The term, riot, gets thrown around a lot in Portland and that is what I am debating. The term, riot. Please google the Watts Riots, Rodney King Verdict Riots. That's my frame of reference regardless of whether I am liberal or pro-choice. Don't complicate things so much.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:14 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
One of the challenges is identifying the folks who do damage. They cover their faces and the behavior of some in the crowd makes it difficult to grab them. I wonder if there is some kind o of dye that could be used, similar to that in money bundles given to bank robbingers. Make it something that is difficult to wash away.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:22 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,823,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
One of the challenges is identifying the folks who do damage. They cover their faces and the behavior of some in the crowd makes it difficult to grab them.
More than 99.9% of the crowd were involved in what was intended to be a peaceful marching protest. They brought their KIDS because they expected the protest to be peaceful. Then the march gets crashed, from the back, by a handful of idiots in black sweatshirts and masks who have no connection to the marchers. Yet ALL the marchers get tarred with the "rioters" brush and "property destruction" and blah blah.

Yes, by all means, arrest the very few people doing the damage - but recognize that nearly everyone there, except those few people, were not "rioting."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland