Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 12:21 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,458,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Pretty sure this is also his third City Data ID having been banned twice already.
I think it's his fifth or sixth ID.
He's been at it for a while.

Just keep reporting his troll posts, and let the mods do their job.
They will get him off city data and remove his posts.

It's amazing how much energy this guy spends for no return.
By now, nobody takes him or any of his alter-egos seriously.
He must have a very sad boring little life.

To report him, just click on the little white triangle outlined in red next to the scales.
(Upper right hand corner of post)

BTW, the guy can't even troll in the correct forum.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 07-11-2017 at 12:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 12:40 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Oregon is for people who aren't interested in huge, over-crowded megalopolises, and who prefer greenery to brown (or golden, depending on your perspective) hills. Well, speaking of western Oregon, anyway.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:24 PM

2,663 posts, read 3,861,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Pretty sure this is also his third City Data ID having been banned twice already.

ok - I gotta ask
How does someone get banned and how would anyone else know??

Old 07-12-2017, 05:12 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,945,057 times
you get banned for violating the forum rules; and there's typically enough long-term active posters on the area forums to know when certain trolls come back based on how the people are posting.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:41 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,835,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
ok - I gotta ask
How does someone get banned and how would anyone else know??
check out the "not a member" under the OP name - plus, if you click on the poster's name, you don't get the option to send a Direct Message. Granted you can change the text under the user name yourself (mine is "Crankier than average" rather than the system-assigned "Senior Member") but I am pretty sure the mods frown on people using "not a member" deliberately.

There is a warning system in place as well, so a ban is a much more drastic step.

When someone chooses to leave CD, they just stop posting and fade away and the text under their posting name doesn't change. CD doesn't delete accounts (that I know of, there might have been some extraordinary circumstance here or there). You can also see "Eternal Member" on some old posts and that is when someone has died (and the mods have been able to verify that).

Old 07-13-2017, 11:17 AM

You can also tell when they stop posting and you look at their post history and it stops on a certain date.
Then right after that date, another troll pops up with the same writing style, etc.....under a different name.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:18 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmyzees View Post
Let's face the facts. Life in California is much better than Oregon. Santa Barbara vs. Seaside, Or. lol. Portland vs. San Fran or LA. lol. Year 'round great weather vs. 8 months of horrible weather. The only argument for Oregon is it's cheaper than California. Gee, I wonder why. Cheaper for a reason.
Jamesblazen, is that you?

Old 07-13-2017, 03:27 PM

240 posts, read 254,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmyzees View Post
Let's face the facts. Life in California is much better than Oregon. Santa Barbara vs. Seaside, Or. lol. Portland vs. San Fran or LA. lol. Year 'round great weather vs. 8 months of horrible weather. The only argument for Oregon is it's cheaper than California. Gee, I wonder why. Cheaper for a reason.
Of course, the "horrible weather" supports our gorgeous trees and rivers in the PNW, so it isn't **** ugly like southern California for most of the year. San Franciso is pretty nice, but LA vs Portland? Really? I'll just leave these here:

Willamette River

Los Angeles River

Old 07-13-2017, 03:49 PM

WOW!
Those two bottom pictures are awesome!
Such a beautiful river and nice heartwarming city!
Nice bridges to boot!
And the sky is such a lovely shade of brownish grey!
Look at those lush forested hills in the background!

I can see why Zimmyzees likes SoCal as much as he does.

Looks like paradise to me!

Old 07-13-2017, 06:43 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,626,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
You can also tell when they stop posting and you look at their post history and it stops on a certain date.
Then right after that date, another troll pops up with the same writing style, etc.....under a different name.
This is it in a nutshell. The recent guy (or gal) has a very specific, repetitive, uncreative writing style that he/she has used with several user names. Also seems to consistently be hammering the "SoCal >>> PDX" theme. You'd think he/she would at least pick a different city that Portland is inferior to!

But we should cut the kid some slack, right? I mean, we were all 13 at some point in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland