Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 11:32 PM

315 posts, read 116,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
lol, only if you are brainwashed to watch only conservative news I guess. The business story has been told many times.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...e-af98dbbe0afe

"many times"

Literally posts one article from two weeks ago and over a month into the rioting.

Be better.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Yeah, we've not seen video of police doing vandalism since the George Floyd murder, have we....

Head smack is right. You seem to have done it plenty.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:46 PM

1,066 posts, read 895,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruityfred11 View Post
"many times"

Literally posts one article from two weeks ago and over a month into the rioting.

Be better.
I thought after this embarrassment, you would google it. I should have known better than to think you might learn something.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruityfred11 View Post
Head smack is right. You seem to have done it plenty.
cool ad-hominen.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:03 AM

5,367 posts, read 5,161,594 times
Quote:
My point is Portland grew despite that rhetoric, and I suspect will gross given the right overall economic conditions in the country.

Without a federal bailout, which cities and states are you seeing that are doing fine budget wise that won’t be impacted by covid?
Duh. It's on the mouth of the greatest river in the west, has a huge inland port, and is in the amazing Willamette Valley. Geography made the city grow, not the 'Portland experience'.

I had this preconception before visiting that the entire west coast was full of people from San Diego to Seattle. I was shocked at how empty most of Oregon was. It has more arable, buildable land than Colorado or Utah or Arizona, but it only has 4 million people... That is not impressive growth, especially considering people bypassed the interior west and settled the west coast first.

Colorado Springs is doing just fine in 2020 and is having home prices go up. There's lot's of federal funding, but the suburbialand build of the city made it very immune to fallout from COVID or riots.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:41 AM

2,669 posts, read 3,869,445 times
Quote:
My point is Portland grew despite that rhetoric, and I suspect will gross given the right overall economic conditions in the country.

Without a federal bailout, which cities and states are you seeing that are doing fine budget wise that won’t be impacted by covid? Your hatred of Portland seems to be overriding fundamentals.

Nah - your love of Portland seems to be overriding fundamentals.

Illogical to ask a question about Federal bailouts. It's not germane to topic.
However, to answer your question - most cities in Texas are booming. Fed. Bailouts or not.

Old 07-23-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Duh. It's on the mouth of the greatest river in the west, has a huge inland port, and is in the amazing Willamette Valley. Geography made the city grow, not the 'Portland experience'.

I had this preconception before visiting that the entire west coast was full of people from San Diego to Seattle. I was shocked at how empty most of Oregon was. It has more arable, buildable land than Colorado or Utah or Arizona, but it only has 4 million people... That is not impressive growth, especially considering people bypassed the interior west and settled the west coast first.

Colorado Springs is doing just fine in 2020 and is having home prices go up. There's lot's of federal funding, but the suburbialand build of the city made it very immune to fallout from COVID or riots.
I don’t care to discuss Colorado in this forum, however Colorado Spring just did a $20 million budget cut right? Education funding for the state is the same level? City council member is suggesting to allow marijuana sales to cover the budget cut why?

Old 07-23-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Nah - your love of Portland seems to be overriding fundamentals.

Illogical to ask a question about Federal bailouts. It's not germane to topic.
However, to answer your question - most cities in Texas are booming. Fed. Bailouts or not.
Governors and mayors across the country are asking for federal help because only the Feds can print money. Certainly germane and logical to any informed person.

Old 07-23-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I thought after this embarrassment, you would google it. I should have known better than to think you might learn something.

We're still waiting for you....

Old 07-23-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
cool ad-hominen.

Yes. That's probably more than what your unhinged alt-left conspiracy gibberish was worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: