Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,155,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

That's not true. They won't take any kind of child.

Since they are trying to adopt from Eastern Europe, Poland or somewhere near Poland, they do have a special requirement---they only want a white child.

I suspect you already knew that and chose to say "for lack of better wording."

You have some nerve implying that. That was NOT AT ALL what I meant and you KNOW that - I simply meant they were not asking specifically for boys or girls or blond hair or brown hair.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,199 times
The infertile have no particular responsibility to adopt. Adoption should be entered into gladly and happily. It should not be an imposed burden because someone cannot get pregnant. Anyone who believes otherwise should forego having biological children of their own and simply adopt instead.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:10 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,807,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
You have some nerve implying that. That was NOT AT ALL what I meant and you KNOW that - I simply meant they were not asking specifically for boys or girls or blond hair or brown hair.
Who on earth would ever try and order up a specific baby with a certain hair coloring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The infertile have no particular responsibility to adopt. Adoption should be entered into gladly and happily. It should not be an imposed burden because someone cannot get pregnant. Anyone who believes otherwise should forego having biological children of their own and simply adopt instead.
I certainly never meant to imply they HAD to adopt, just that it is an option.

And CT..I know a couple who adopted 2 children from DSS. One at 18 months and one at 3 years old. It costs them next to nothing to do.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
Regarding adoption, I have not looked at the cost in recent years, but I know people who have adopted 10 years ago and said it was $15,000. Another couple who adopted internationally put out $45,000.
You haven't done enough research into the possibilities.

Quote:
And I never said adoption was out because I can't afford it - I just said it was not an option.
LMAO! Here's your previous post:

Quote:
Adoption is not an option because it will cost just as much (or more) than the IUI/IVF.
And we already know that you can't afford IUI/IVF without the help of health insurance.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Who on earth would ever try and order up a specific baby with a certain hair coloring?

*I* never would and my friends never would, but many people assume that when it takes years to adopt it's because the adopter is looking for a girl only or a boy only, or child with their color hair so they fit in with the family, or some other special requirement.

Yes, there ARE people liek that out there, but neiter I nor my friends are like that.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
We're not trying to force adoption on her. She can't get fertility treatments because she doesn't have a partner.

Her insurance won't pay for it and she can't afford to pay for fertility treatments on her own.

Seems like adoption is her only remote possibility being a partnerless women who can't afford fertility treatments.

But we're certainly not imposing adoption on her---obviously remaining childless is an option too.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
*I* never would and my friends never would, but many people assume that when it takes years to adopt it's because the adopter is looking for a girl only or a boy only, or child with their color hair so they fit in with the family, or some other special requirement.

Yes, there ARE people liek that out there, but neiter I nor my friends are like that.
I have heard it takes a ridiculous amount of years if you are only looking for a white baby, but I really have no idea.
Quote:
We're not trying to force adoption on her. She can't get fertility treatments because she doesn't have a partner.

Her insurance won't pay for it and she can't afford to pay for fertility treatments on her own.

Seems like adoption is her only remote possibility being a partnerless women who can't afford fertility treatments.

But we're certainly not imposing adoption on her---obviously remaining childless is an option too.
Which brings us back to the original point. Her being single and adopting a baby will surely be an extremely difficult process. Why? Because single people should not voluntarily have a baby.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Which brings us back to the original point. Her being single and adopting a baby will surely be an extremely difficult process. Why? Because single people should not voluntarily have a baby.
Yes. You're right. We've come full circle. I'm getting dizzy. Aren't you?

Oh, btw, some lovely person left an anonymous rep comment for my last post saying I respresnt the worst people on the internet. LOL

Old 04-13-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:

Oh, btw, some lovely person left an anonymous rep comment for my last post saying I respresnt the worst people on the internet. LOL
Just so we're clear, it was NOT me.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:

I was born dizzy.

You? Not the people who have said adopted kids are discipline problems, implied they aren't truly loved, they don't quite fit in a family like all the other "normal" children? Or how about the ones okay with committing insurance fraud and putting their Dr's license to practice on the line? You who freely admits that you don't think you would not have made it as a single parent because you realize how extremely difficult it is and you tried to explain that? Yes, you are a horrible person indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy