Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:30 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I would strongly advise against the abortion and instead encourage putting the baby up for adoption as abortion is murder. But if my daughter got pregnant or if my son got a girl pregnant, and they wanted to keep the baby, I'd suggest they get married and would give my child permission to do so to avoid having an illegitimate birth. It isn't right to have children out of wedlock. Unless you were raped, if you get pregnant, you get married. But in the state I live in, teenagers can get married without permission if they're pregnant anyway.
What if your 17 yo daughter wanted an abortion?

Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,275,882 times
Quote:
I would strongly advise against the abortion and instead encourage putting the baby up for adoption as abortion is murder. But if my daughter got pregnant or if my son got a girl pregnant, and they wanted to keep the baby, I'd suggest they get married and would give my child permission to do so to avoid having an illegitimate birth. It isn't right to have children out of wedlock. Unless you were raped, if you get pregnant, you get married. But in the state I live in, teenagers can get married without permission if they're pregnant anyway.
You'd want a 15-17 year old child married just because they are pregnant? And in the states with permission it's still pending the review of a judge to sign off on it so it's not going to be definite.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:41 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,275,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
What if your 17 yo daughter wanted an abortion?
He lives in florida so she could have it without his say so.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:01 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,378,039 times
I've been through this with my sons and my youngest daughter. I made one thing clear: They were not going to be able to live a "normal" teenage life. It was time to be a grown up. Had my daughter wanted an abortion I would have encouraged counseling. My oldest son is still with the mother of his children. My youngest son married the mother of his child and they divorced less than two years later. My youngest daughter is marrying the father of her children next May.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
son u came to the wrong house with that baby.
go to your own.
u grown now.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:06 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,556 times
Quote:

Ummm.....it is the 21st century....abortion is not murder it is a legal and safe operation.

re...getting pregnant then married...why make two bad decisions instead of one?

Old 04-22-2012, 11:09 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Well, I believe in planning and responsibility. But...things happen. They did this...they need to decide what to do. But, it is clear, I don't want a baby. I see so many teens having a child, and giving it to Mom when the "novelty" wears off. I had my kids. Done.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:23 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,347,835 times
Neither of my daughters are in their teens now, but I do know that my younger daughter (if pregnant out of wedlock) has said she would carry the baby to term and give it to her older sister to adopt. My older daughter and her DH are battling infertility issues. It's not likely though - she seems to have no interest in dating anyone. She's overly choosy and still thinks all of the guys she meets or is introduced to are jerks, creepy, or at least have something minor wrong with them.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:38 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
I would, strongly, advise against abortion. The scars of abortion can haunt a woman the rest of her life. I would strongly encourage adoption.

I would find an alternative school for them to finish high school. Pregnancies do not happen in the school where I teach. Having my dd the only pregnant teen in the school would be too humiliating for her to stay there.

Given my girls are teenagers, we'd be supporting them until they were 18. After that depends on behavior. I won't enable bad choices. That doesn't help kids grow up.

If she's an adult when this happens, then she's an adult and she takes care of herself.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:05 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I would, strongly, advise against abortion. The scars of abortion can haunt a woman the rest of her life. I would strongly encourage adoption.

I would find an alternative school for them to finish high school. Pregnancies do not happen in the school where I teach. Having my dd the only pregnant teen in the school would be too humiliating for her to stay there.

Given my girls are teenagers, we'd be supporting them until they were 18. After that depends on behavior. I won't enable bad choices. That doesn't help kids grow up.

If she's an adult when this happens, then she's an adult and she takes care of herself.

This is not true - statistics reveal that the overwhelming reaction to an abortion is relief.

Adoption carries its own set of traumas, for both child and biological mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy