Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM

18 posts, read 54,074 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if the speeding/red light cameras are in operation in the intersection of Glassford and Spouse Dr? My husband was driving and he said the camera flashed but according the PV town website it says that only Glassford Hill Road/Long Look and Highway 69/Prescott East Highway are operational so I am wonderign if thats true since ti flashed. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 07:12 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,540,633 times
It is possible that the website is being untruthful to make drivers think they can let their guard down. This would generate more revenue.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 PM

509 posts, read 1,698,946 times
i will be driving down Glassford tomorrow and will pay attention . every time i have to drive in PV i cringe . not knowing where or when the speed limit will change and the cops or the cameras will nail me . not a very good feeling when i am in their town to spend money and they want to bushwack me for more money .

Old 07-30-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
i will be driving down Glassford tomorrow and will pay attention . every time i have to drive in PV i cringe . not knowing where or when the speed limit will change and the cops or the cameras will nail me . not a very good feeling when i am in their town to spend money and they want to bushwack me for more money .
Thank you! And I know exactly what you mean!

Old 07-30-2012, 10:31 PM

We avoid PV for that reason. At least whenever possible.

A stint on jury duty make me really uncomfortable about the PVPD in general. My God, what a bunch of louts. Poorly coached at testilying, as well.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:57 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,871,718 times
Same here. I refuse to give Prescott Valley my money because of their photo radar scam. If they want to create a police state and gouge people of their hard earned money. I refuse to give them any of my money.

Money talks and in the end if enough people protest Prescott Valley and their photo radar sham by refusing to shop and buy things in PV and simply go to Prescott to shop and buy. They will learn very quickly when their revenues plummet.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:22 AM

Money talks, but the revenue from tickets is a very direct thing, and sales tax is more indirect and long-term, and is subject to a number of influences. As a result, the effect of a certain amount of people not shopping there might not be easily tracked and quantified, even it someone there had the interest.

Police depts should be judged on crime rates, not income produced.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:40 PM

My husband must have made a mistake I went by there today and there is no cmarea on Glassford/Spouse so he must have meant Glassford/Long Look and he claims to have been going 43mph and it flashed

Old 07-31-2012, 05:26 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,871,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
Money talks, but the revenue from tickets is a very direct thing, and sales tax is more indirect and long-term, and is subject to a number of influences. As a result, the effect of a certain amount of people not shopping there might not be easily tracked and quantified, even it someone there had the interest.

Police depts should be judged on crime rates, not income produced.

Good points. It would have to be a directed and vocal campaign that the politicians would be aware of. A sort of organized protest that would get noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee24 View Post
My husband must have made a mistake I went by there today and there is no cmarea on Glassford/Spouse so he must have meant Glassford/Long Look and he claims to have been going 43mph and it flashed
The only way to find out is to wait for a ticket in the mail. These photo cameras are setup in a way that they are modern day speed traps and I believe they are set to flash at 8MPH over the posted limit. Some say it's 10MPH over the limit but I have heard of people getting tickets at 8MPH. Maybe they dropped it down to 8MPH?

Either way, your cars speedo can be off by 2-3MPH due to age or tire size/air.

What are the tickets at now? $150?

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-21-2012 at 07:06 PM..

Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 PM

509 posts, read 1,698,946 times
i drove down to Kohls on Glassford road and encountered no problems . today . traffic has been very light in PV today .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott