Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 AM

106 posts, read 159,149 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good local mover? We're moving just a few miles, and need a full service mover. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,723,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West2South View Post
Can anyone recommend a good local mover? We're moving just a few miles, and need a full service mover. Thanks!
Prescott AZ Local Moving Company | Prescott, Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, Dewey-Humboldt, Cottonwood, Sedona | AZ High Country Moving

I used this company for a move out of Prescott down to the valley in early 2012. Good guys, fast without being reckless. Not a big operation so prices were way better than the 3 other quotes I got (no salesman to pay).

Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM

Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:34 PM

138 posts, read 230,129 times
Default hellzbellz

We used Frank and Jesse James moving a couple of times for local moves and they were very reasonable and professional (and fast).

Welcome to Frank & Jesse James Moving, providing moving services in Prescott Valley AZ .

Old 01-04-2013, 05:43 PM

I left a message with Frank and Jesse James a few days ago, but no return call.

Thanks for the info though! I don't usually try calling a business twice, but maybe I will in this case!

Old 01-05-2013, 09:36 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,915,824 times
I've heard good feedback about Frank and Jesse James as well, but do not have first-hand experience.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the feedback! Moving is stressful, it's great to have this forum to get the benefit of the experience of others. Also hearing that a company has a good reputation is very helpful!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:33 PM

I chose Help U Move out of three companies I attempted to get estimates from.

Help U Move was the only company that responded promptly, gave a comprehensive price quote along with much advice about how to keep the costs as low as possible. The quote was given by the owner, Kevin. I feel very confident about doing business with Help U Move.

Of the other two companies, one never returned my phone calls, and the other sent someone out to give a quote who was here for 3 or 4 minutes, said he would get back to me with a quote, but never did. I called to ask for the quote, but only got a voice message return call telling me to call them to tell them if I got the quote so if not, they could send it out. Since I had already called to tell them I did not receive the quote, I figured I would be in for a real ride if I went with this company.

When people moan about the economy, the job shortages, and especially the shortage of customers for small business services, I do have to scratch my head a little. How hard can it be out there if companies can afford to play fast and loose with potential customers?

If you treat people like you don't want their business, it's a slam dunk. You won't get their business!

Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,537,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West2South View Post

When people moan about the economy, the job shortages, and especially the shortage of customers for small business services, I do have to scratch my head a little.
Hard to believe, but I see it a lot. And I know other good businesses that do everything right and still are struggling.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 AM

It is hard to believe, although considering the studies of college age students that show that young people today routinely overstate their abilities and qualifications to themselves, it's not surprising to encounter a company that employs people who are incapable of accurate self-evaluation. Whatever they do is perfection, and anyone who has a complaint or suggestion is bad and wrong. The notion of diligent customer service is foreign to these people.

I just had a call from Josh at Folkestad movers, who still hasn't managed to get an email out to me after three days. In his mind, there's something wrong with me for not wanting to do business with Folkestad. If you can't get an email out to someone, how can you be trusted with their belongings?

Oh well, he's happy, since his company has been in business for 10 years, so they must be doing something right, and I'm happy because I won't be having further contact with them.

Thank goodness for the internet, where consumers can get some kind of feedback from other consumers anyway. At least there's some kind of accountability for poor or non-existent service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott