Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 10:18 AM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
I guess I want to be clear, and not sound snobby. I appreciate cowboy culture is a common flavor here in AZ, and it does not bother us at all. It just doesnt appeal to us to participate in the western wear aspect ourselves. I typically wear steel toes work boots and a ball cap if I wear a hat (a carryover from my working years) . We have been to 2 rodeos, so now that is a "been there, done that" type of thing that we may (or may not) do again in the future. And for the comment I made earlier that "I dont get it", I was referring to folks who get nervous at the thought that people in an area may want to conceal carry. The people that do conceal carry with a CCW are typically more trained, more respectful, more aware and far less prone (less than 1%) to use a firearm in a crime of any type. I understand that many people have a less than educated, and often kneejerk reaction to others legally owning firearms, but the best thing for folks like that is stay out of areas that legal firearms are viewed as useful tools for the general populace (like AZ), and move to areas where firearms are shunned in the culture, and only used by the (typically copious) criminal element.

As for AZCDL, we will certainly look into that. I typically EDC (concealed only), and my wife does also on occasion, and we have insurance for any firearm related legal issues, but protecting our rights in the legislature is also an interest of ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 12:16 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I'm not moving to Phoenix or Tucson, where I live is not your business. I make suggestions that would help out the community, the constant driving is a waste of time and money. Don't like it, that's just too bad. NIMBYs are cancer.
Wow, what a rude response. Big over reaction.

Old 09-27-2023, 12:51 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I'm sure you are all dying to know that the OP moved to Henderson, NV a few weeks ago, and, what a surprise, hates it. Too hot, and he saw people wearing tshirts that he did not approve of.
It would be tons cheaper to go for visits in the worst times of the year for a week, or so instead of up, and moving all their earthly belongings every time they find they hate the place. That area has screaming hot weather which is easy to research online. Of course some things are easier to find out when you are actually living there, like unapproved t-shirts, lol. Btw. just because there may be "some" tshirts that appear to be satanic doesn't mean everybody there is into that mess.

There are no perfect places. It boils down to what is a deal breaker, and what isn't that important in the long run.

Last edited by mlulu23; 09-27-2023 at 01:03 PM..

Old 09-29-2023, 12:47 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
It would be tons cheaper to go for visits in the worst times of the year for a week, or so instead of up, and moving all their earthly belongings every time they find they hate the place. That area has screaming hot weather which is easy to research online. Of course some things are easier to find out when you are actually living there, like unapproved t-shirts, lol. Btw. just because there may be "some" tshirts that appear to be satanic doesn't mean everybody there is into that mess.

There are no perfect places. It boils down to what is a deal breaker, and what isn't that important in the long run.

Old 09-29-2023, 02:04 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post

True dat, but that is NOT the OP's M.O.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:56 PM

55 posts, read 51,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Like you've never disliked anything in your life??? IOW, we knew it was going to be hot, but not as hot as it gets right now. Even my VA doctor wondered why we were moving to such a "hot weather" area. It's not hot all year long, but there are a few months during the summer that it can be very unhealthy/unbearable for older Seniors.

As for the t-shirts, we are Christians, so when we see t-shirts advertising Satan, we have to wonder about who is wearing them and the area.

No place is perfect, we know that, but there are things that can be very unacceptable. High heat and advertising Satan, to us, are totally unacceptable! Can't do much about advertising, but can definitely do something (in a year) about living in this kind of heat. IOW, back to Old Man Winter, but not nearly as back in Reno or Carson City as was in northern Colorado. Not nearly.

Honestly, I get what you are saying.

I grew up in a small town where people waved at each other, most people went to church (occasionally) and HOA didn't exist. If I ever find that again I'm never gonna leave.

Right now I'm back visiting my folks in the Prescott Valley area. They have a fight going with their HOA because some new company took it over and their crazy neighbor is now the head HOA rules enforcer. It's gravel roads and large acreage but they'll still fine you for an unauthorized flower bed or going 12mph in a 10mph. I talked to someone else in the community and they said they're so happy that the rules are finally being enforced

As for the guys in Satan shirts as long as he doesn't call the HOA because of a bird feeder or dial 911 when he sees someone going 15mph I don't care what he/she/"pronoun" wear.

Old 11-06-2023, 03:13 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiringGuru2 View Post
Honestly, I get what you are saying.

I grew up in a small town where people waved at each other, most people went to church (occasionally) and HOA didn't exist. If I ever find that again I'm never gonna leave.

Right now I'm back visiting my folks in the Prescott Valley area. They have a fight going with their HOA because some new company took it over and their crazy neighbor is now the head HOA rules enforcer. It's gravel roads and large acreage but they'll still fine you for an unauthorized flower bed or going 12mph in a 10mph. I talked to someone else in the community and they said they're so happy that the rules are finally being enforced

As for the guys in Satan shirts as long as he doesn't call the HOA because of a bird feeder or dial 911 when he sees someone going 15mph I don't care what he/she/"pronoun" wear.
Are you talking about Coyote Springs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott